Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59974
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47587
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
ripmp3z
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Thanks glynette for the info, got my GV to work properly now
ripmp3z is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #17
Glynette
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 148632
My ECCIE Reviews

Hey no problem, glad to help.
Glynette is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
bbwlover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

I use my GV to forward texts straight to my iPhone. The problem is they come in with seemingly random area codes. as far as incoming calls, you can always set your GV number in your contacts as your best friend's (or whatever "beard" you use) alternate number. That way it show's as a call from "mandy".

It works pretty well but I am thinking of switching to a separate hobby phone because I've had several instances since joining the hobby where I call a provider and set up. Then when I get close, I can't call back. I just get a message: "we could not complete your call" and it hangs up. Thankfully they have been patient and responded to me through texts and/or called me back. But I could see how that could really spook someone.

And you definitely have to be disciplined about erasing texts and phone logs from you phone.

BTW, I'm here in KC and would be happy to give you a guided tour of the service. You just have to get through my screening process and I'll even give you an ECCIE discount!
bbwlover is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #19
jwin
Premium Access

Encounters: 87

I've been getting that same error lately or texts that come through but not suring in a timely manner....SIgning off and logging back in again, seems to do the trick.
jwin is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
browsing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 38

I've been using it with my iphone and I looked through the bill last month and I do not see any records of the texts. Does that info get recorded in another tab? I know you can see the history inside gmail, but why did somebody say not to use it with an iphone?

I understand about the calls, as those do get logged as random numbers on the bill. But what is the danger if just using it for text. I sign out of it when I'm home.
browsing is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #21
Sexy Summer
Account Disabled

User ID: 43444
My ECCIE Reviews

My problem is I have the 4s iphone and I had to download 2 apps, 1 to txt and the other to call people. Plus, if they call me the reception is great, but if I call them it sux lol Can anyone give me some advice??
Sexy Summer is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #22
bbwlover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention . I use an app called STASH. It has some cool locking features and the browser is hidden. I make my calls from in there using the website interface. I don't think I'd have a good explanation for having an app that is a second phone number. And as sure as shit, my kids (who always kidnap my phone) would call the house with it or something.
bbwlover is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #23
Guest032714
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jframe2 View Post
If you are married or have an SO then-
Run, do not walk from Google Voice, no good will come from it in this world of ours.

There are alternatives, that will give you a completely second phone line, for 8-9 bucks per month. Do some research.

No offense to the OP, but if I see that a provider is a bit "loose" in her Comm Security, I move on. To me it is that important.

NOTE- had several phone calls with an ATF and she mentioned she had a GV # before she called to my burner phone. We talked twice over about 20 minutes. Within 5 minutes of our last call, I got a call from a number in the same AC as her GV#. I thought it was her calling again and answered. It was an automated call from a business in the AC of her GV#.

Beware the GV!!
So, I heeded your advice and got me a tracfone... . I'm trying to activate it but it asks for all kinds of personal info, name, address, email address... should I give it fake info? just wondering. Thanks!
Guest032714 is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
Alpha_Male
Premium Access

Encounters: 109

Give fake data. You will need to use a computer or land line to register. Need to not use yours in either case. I have gone to a 7-11 and used a pay phone to register. Sometimes I've used the personal cell of the Walgreens clerk. Make up some plausible story. Need to get a phone for my child who lost his, etc.

buy a 100 minute card for $99 bucks will give you a year before it expires and plenty of hobby minutes/texts. Renew in smaller increments and the phone will be good for a year after that because you bought the initial 100 minutes.
Alpha_Male is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #25
Guest032714
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Male View Post
Give fake data. You will need to use a computer or land line to register. Need to not use yours in either case. I have gone to a 7-11 and used a pay phone to register. Sometimes I've used the personal cell of the Walgreens clerk. Make up some plausible story. Need to get a phone for my child who lost his, etc.

buy a 100 minute card for $99 bucks will give you a year before it expires and plenty of hobby minutes/texts. Renew in smaller increments and the phone will be good for a year after that because you bought the initial 100 minutes.
Thanks! I found out that at the very bottom of the page there is a SKIP button that if you click it, it allows you to still register the phone without having to enter any personal info. I just bought a $20 60 minute card that gave me double minutes (sweet!) so for now I'm set . I thought I'd share though in case others have the same question. This definitely beats GV as far as anyone keeping records.
Guest032714 is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #26
mikkifine
Account Disabled

User ID: 1641
My ECCIE Reviews

Some stores like Krogers want to scan your drivers license before purchasing a cell phone. It won't take long till other stores start to do the same.

CVS pharmacy wanted to scan my drivers license when I wanted to get a money order. I went somewhere else.
mikkifine is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #27
gigi_gypsy
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 29457
My ECCIE Reviews

I've used google voice for almost 3 years now and am thinking about changing to a throw away phone/number.

It was random at first and now it seems to happen more - I get a noticed that I missed a call even though I didn't hear the phone ring. I was talking to another provider and the same thing was happening to her more often.

I don't publish my number so what I am going to do is buy a good 3G or 4G throw away phone and get the pay as you go unlimited monthly plan and give a fake name and address. I will then put the google voice on that phone and slowly start to advise clients of my new number. (I don't call or send emails/text without someone contacting me first, so this is not an option).
gigi_gypsy is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #28
Guest021213
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

You just need the Google Voice app to handle text and calls ... I have an 4s as well
I only strongly advise you to edit your private line's voice mail, otherwise you will disclose your number ...
Review the GV settings carefully in your computer
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goog...318698524?mt=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Summer View Post
My problem is I have the 4s iphone and I had to download 2 apps, 1 to txt and the other to call people. Plus, if they call me the reception is great, but if I call them it sux lol Can anyone give me some advice??
Guest021213 is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #29
jframe2
Valued Poster

Default Info

Go to the website and there is a link (in very small letters at the bottom of the first of second page) that allows you to activate the phone, with out creating an account.

Do this from a webbrowser on a computer, I believe there are some problems with this link not showing up on mobile browsers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adistantsecond View Post
So, I heeded your advice and got me a tracfone... . I'm trying to activate it but it asks for all kinds of personal info, name, address, email address... should I give it fake info? just wondering. Thanks!
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #30
Guest053013-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

Remember that the google voice number is linked to a gmail account. Get a fake one. The smarter caller ID apps find that info.
Guest053013-01 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women