Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70448
biomed160817
Yssup Rider60173
gman4452966
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47657
pyramider46370
bambino40397
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35555
Mojojo33117

Old 07-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #16
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

If you are engaging in this hobby yet have to consider carrying a weapon, I would suggest that you need to re-evaluate your participation in this hobby.

I know the question did not specify hobby related felon carrying a firearm, just felon & firearm.

I guess the number of questions & comments like some of those here do make me wonder about the company I am keeping.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #17
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB9IB6 View Post
Sounds like a quality individual.
I keep awesome company...
bladtinzu is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
If you are engaging in this hobby yet have to consider carrying a weapon, I would suggest that you need to re-evaluate your participation in this hobby.
I don't think hobbying should mean giving up one's right to self-defense. I don't hobby much anymore, but when I did, I always carried. I didn't carry because I was seeing a provider -- I carried because I want to defend myself, if necessary, I have a CHL, and I carry wherever I'm permitted to carry, including when I hobby.

I've told this story before but I'll tell it again. Years ago, I saw a provider for the first time. I had a nickel-plated Beretta .380 in one of the front pockets of a backpack I carried. I left the backpack in the room while I showered. After I left the bathroom, I noticed the zipper to the pocket was slightly open. I quickly checked and saw that nothing was missing, including the pistol. The session went great.

The next day, I noticed in the ASPD alerts forum that a hobbyist posted that the girl I had seen stole his wallet. He had posted BEFORE I saw her, but I hadn't looked at alerts lately. (Lesson learned, of course.) I think the girl saw my gun and decided not to try to rip me off.

I'm not suggesting this as a method to prevent theft. But I think it's a useful parable about hobbying.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #19
gee_a_cee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

I have a CHL and always carry on me. When hobbying one of the first things after meeting and before getting comfortable I show it in its holster and assure them I'm legal to carry.
gee_a_cee is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Interesting. Do they give you a CHL discount? Haha.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #21
sky_wire
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingalexis View Post
My brother was arrested and spent almost 5 yrs in prison. He was walking in public with his girlfriend. While minding their own business, they were stopped and searched by police. My brother was clean, but his girlfriend had a sawed off in her purse. He was a two time felon, but was not on parole when searched. The gun wasn't on him but he was arrested and charged with it. I guess they didn't care who's purse.
So, what happened? Did he cop a plea, or beat it at trial?
sky_wire is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #22
gee_a_cee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
Interesting. Do they give you a CHL discount? Haha.
I wish. But since I carry on me and not in something I know it's going to be exposed so I go for a "controlled" exposure.
gee_a_cee is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingalexis View Post
My brother was arrested and spent almost 5 yrs in prison. He was walking in public with his girlfriend. While minding their own business, they were stopped and searched by police. My brother was clean, but his girlfriend had a sawed off in her purse. He was a two time felon, but was not on parole when searched. The gun wasn't on him but he was arrested and charged with it. I guess they didn't care who's purse.
When I was a young lawyer, I'd hear a story like this and think, What an injustice! How could his lawyer have done such a poor job! Now I hear a story like this and think, Man -- what a snow job this guy did on his sister!

No offense, Alexis. But I bet you a box of warm Krispy Kremes that your brother didn't tell you the whole story.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #24
TheAntichrist666
The FOX Hunter

Encounters: 118

From what I heard from an attorney...they can have a gun again if their felonies have been expunged by a judge or pardoned by the State governor himself. The process to expunge a felony is very beaureaucratic, costly, and tedious, you may have to appeal the decision several times.
TheAntichrist666 is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntichrist666 View Post
From what I heard from an attorney...they can have a gun again if their felonies have been expunged by a judge or pardoned by the State governor himself. The process to expunge a felony is very beaureaucratic, costly, and tedious, you may have to appeal the decision several times.
Well, that's PARTIALLY right. In Texas, for criminal records to be eligible for expunction, the defendant must not have been convicted of a felony or placed on a deferred probation. So your answer really doesn't have anything to do with a person convicted of a felony being able to legally own a gun. Also, filing a petition for expunction isn't, per se, a bureaucratic, costly, and tedious process with serveral appeals -- in fact, most of the time it's a very simple process.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #26
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

User ID: 118368

Quote:
When I was a young lawyer, I'd hear a story like this and think, What an injustice! How could his lawyer have done such a poor job! Now I hear a story like this and think, Man -- what a snow job this guy did on his sister!

No offense, Alexis. But I bet you a box of warm Krispy Kremes that your brother didn't tell you the whole story.
I remember a case in Louisiana where a convicted felon forced his wife to carry a gun in her purse. Late one night he started yelling at her in a parking lot and hitting her. She swung her purse at him and he told her to give her the gun so he could kill her. She pulled the gun out and shot him.
Guest062114-5 is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #27
sky_wire
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMynx69 View Post
I remember a case in Louisiana where a convicted felon forced his wife to carry a gun in her purse. Late one night he started yelling at her in a parking lot and hitting her. She swung her purse at him and he told her to give her the gun so he could kill her. She pulled the gun out and shot him.
Bravo! Hope things came out OK for her.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

User ID: 118368

Not as well as I would have hoped. She served some time after about 10 years of appeals. But only a couple of years. This was before battered spouse defense was well established. I think things would be different now. It was a very fascinating case.
Guest062114-5 is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #29
sky_wire
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMynx69 View Post
Not as well as I would have hoped. She served some time after about 10 years of appeals. But only a couple of years. This was before battered spouse defense was well established. I think things would be different now. It was a very fascinating case.

I would like to read the court of appeals decisions. Please PM the the case info.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #30
AlexandriaSquirtz
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 107407
My ECCIE Reviews
Talking Deferred Scentence

Quote:
The answer is indeed 'no,' and the restriction isn't limited to Texas. A convicted felon is barred from owning a gun under federal law with no expiration date of the restriction.

I've been asked that exact question a couple of times lately. It must be some urban myth cycling through society.
So one more question on the subject.... Can a person own a gun that was on a deferred for a felony but have met all conditions of their probation and the length of the probation period passed since they were never actually convicted?
AlexandriaSquirtz is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women