Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160794
Yssup Rider60156
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47651
pyramider46370
bambino40387
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35516
Mojojo33117

Old 12-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #16
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
If you follow the news
Not everybody watches FAUX News 24/7! Some people prefer to get their news from reliable sources!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #17
guest061212-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Looks like this is the report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...est=latestnews

I'd still like to have more verification, but if this holds up, it simply confirms our President as incompetent. But we already knew that.

Of course, Fox News is going to paint a Democratic president in a poor light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Yeah lets start a war with Iran, like Romney wants.

Obama did the only right thing possible.

The CIA should be a bit more careful when they spy on countries and make sure nothing can go wrong or make their stuff self destroying.

An attack from the US deep in Iran? Go figure!! Hello to $10 per gallon gas.
Quote:
The drone could have easily been destroyed covertly without starting a war! If you follow the news you would know we already have covert operations going on within their nuclear industry.

Maybe you could expound on your comment a bit. How could we retrieve the plane that wasn't supposed to be detected anyway without it being seen as an act of aggression or war? And is it worth risking the lives of more highly trained seal team members?

This shit has been going on for years. Ever heard of Gary Powers?

jeez. Some people just seem to have a lot of venom in them.
guest061212-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
The drone could have easily been destroyed covertly without starting a war! If you follow the news you would know we already have covert operations going on within their nuclear industry.
Can faux news explain how a plane flying at above 20,000 feet comes crashing down and remains intact??? Perhaps instead of looking at the technology the Iranians should be looking at the material the plane is made of it it can withstand a crash from that altitude.

Hey Whirlway I bet you 10,000 dollars the Iranians get no top secret info from that plane. :mf r_lol::mfr_l ol:
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
budman33
Valued Poster

Im sure software kicked in and it crashed as gracefully as possible. There's no unobtanium on that thing after all. Im sure they planned to spin that it was operating on the Iraq border.. iran can tehn drag it anywhere they want to and try to get points.

All so much inconsequential nonsense really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Can faux news explain how a plane flying at above 20,000 feet comes crashing down and remains intact??? Perhaps instead of looking at the technology the Iranians should be looking at the material the plan is made of it it can withstand a crash from that altitude.

Hey Whirlway I bet you 10,000 dollars the Iranians get no top secret info from that plane. :mf r_lol::mfr_l ol:
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #20
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Hey Whirlway I bet you 10,000 dollars the Iranians get no top secret info from that plane.
Of course there are no secrets in that drone.
Don't you think China or Russia or whatever nation already have those secrets bought from some well informed engeneers at Lockheed?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #21
Laz
Valued Poster

It crashed not far from the border. I agree retrieval would have been to risky but a couple of missiles would have destroyed it without much risk.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

And now those mean, old Iranians REFUSE to return our drone! Maybe if we said "pretty please."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-11-15-06-32
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #23
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
It crashed not far from the border. I agree retrieval would have been to risky but a couple of missiles would have destroyed it without much risk.
I wonder who informed you that there was not much risk. Maybe you have high level connections inside the CIA?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #24
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Can faux news explain how a plane flying at above 20,000 feet comes crashing down and remains intact??? Perhaps instead of looking at the technology the Iranians should be looking at the material the plane is made of it it can withstand a crash from that altitude.

You do realize that the "material" used to construct the drones is a product of American “stealth technology”? Then again, maybe you don't .
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #25
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
You do realize that the "material" used to construct the drones is a product of American “stealth technology”? Then again, maybe you don't .
What does Stealth technology have to do with the ability to with stand a crash? By the way the U.S stealth technology is years ahead of the Soviets and Chinese- actually if I am not mistaken the soviets and Chinese just launched their FIRST stealth planes in 2008. I doubt very seriously that this stealth drone was anywhere close to being the same material or technology as a stealth bomber like the F-11A- if it was it would have been destroyed in the same manner that the F-117A that got shot down in Serbia.
Also, Stealth planes are not totally invisible- they are obviously harder to detect due to their advanced technology but they are not "invisible" or impossible to detect as they are hyped up to be.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #26
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

what stealth does is reduces the radar signature to that of a bird.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #27
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
What does Stealth technology have to do with the ability to with stand a crash?
Exhibit A, Iran is showing video that the drone - with stealth technology - survived the crash. The drone is built with stealth technology: shape, air-frame, radar-absorbing material, etc., it survived the crash, . . . Voilà!

Quote:
By the way the U.S stealth technology is years ahead of the Soviets and Chinese-
This statement seems to refute your earlier statement where you said:

Quote:
Hey Whirlway I bet you 10,000 dollars the Iranians get no top secret info from that plane.
Evidently, they have much to learn by your own observation.
Quote:
I doubt very seriously that this stealth drone was anywhere close to being the same material or technology as a stealth bomber like the F-11A- if it was it would have been destroyed in the same manner that the F-117A that got shot down in Serbia.
Also, Stealth planes are not totally invisible- they are obviously harder to detect due to their advanced technology but they are not "invisible" or impossible to detect as they are hyped up to be.
The U.S. invests the dollars and years into R & D, and the Chinese (and/or Iranians) copy the technology. Yeah, no problem.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:40 AM   #28
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah, that’s a good idea. Let’s blow the cover on our nuclear covert ops teams. To recover a drone. Too bad the SR-71s were retired
Since 2 of the 3 recovery methods involve invading another country, unlike Pakistan who is supposed to be an ally, that is hostile to us and would not hesitate to use every means at their disposal to repel us, think what that plane would look like going through the streets with a special ops garnish or 2 on top of it.
The third involves an air strike on a foreign country. You know, an overt act of war to recover our toy that went in the mean guy’s yard

The strangest thing is that some of you people who would risk other people’s lives or starting a war over the drone, can’t reverse the situation in their minds and think about what we would do if roles are reversed. What do we do when we are invaded?
Anyone remember Black Jack Pershing? Poncho Via?

Of course the materials the aircraft are constructed of are a technology beyond the Iranians capabilities. But so is the manufacturing process. Knowing what something is made out of doesn’t mean you can make it. The Russians knew how to build cutting edge propellers for their submarines but they lacked the computers and machine equipment to do it. Until Toshiba came along.

It’s pretty funny. None of our “whatever the fuck they are” people consider any of these issues outside the scope of them being tied to Obama. If Obama comes to your mind before you have solved the problem, you are way too far down the food chain to have any kind of informed opinion. This situation has nothing to do with the President, be it Bush, Obama, or Reagan. While believing nothing that the media says, you believe everything fox says. The majority of these cut and paste stories have obvious flaws that a few minutes of googling punche holes in. Fox says the President somehow backed down by not risking our troops to get our ball back or he would not start a war to blow it up.
How ironic one of the few times fox didn’t slant the options that you people did.

Say it out loud.

I, (state your name), know nothing about military operations and I don’t care if our troops are killed (and their bodies mutilated by the crowds) to get back a drone, that if it was so important it would have had 10 kilos of C4 in it, because I say so.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:32 AM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Ok. I will admit I know very little about military operations. I also don't know if there is any valuable intel on board a drone which hasn't already been compromised. I agree that it is likely not worth any American lives to recover, and a cruise missile strike could go wrong and kill innocent people.

That being said, if we are going to be sending drones over hostile territory that are carrying sensitive intel, there ought to be a self destruct sequence we can initiate remotely to prevent these issues. It's embarrassing that our President has to ask a hostile government to return a top secret piece of equipment we were using to spy on that government.

This may not be Obama's fault, after all. It is more likely the CIA fucked up the design of the damn thing.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:49 AM   #30
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The U.S. invests the dollars and years into R & D, and the Chinese (and/or Iranians) copy the technology. Yeah, no problem.
The same happens here all the time.
McDonalds invests the money to seek good locations, Burger King just follows and saves the money.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women