Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453029
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47750
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-04-2022, 09:42 PM   #16
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Nixon did establish the EPA but I don't think he knew what he was getting in to. He nominated William Ruckleshaus to head it up but Ruckleshaus was a bad person. He was from the radical environmental lobby as their lawyer. He represented and was a member of Zero Population Growth which wanted to limit human population by various means. Ruckleshaus threw the trail and investigation into DDT. Judge Sweeney saw nothing wrong with the use of DDT if done according to instructions. Ruckleshaus rewrote the report to condemn DDT. Millions of African children died of malaria without DDT. This was predicted in 1971 and compatriot Donald Wooster said that they (African children) had to die from something. An estimated 18 million lives lost to date. This dwarf's what Hitler did and it was accomplished by the US environmental lobby.

Was Nixon a progressive? First you have to define progressive and then you have to sort through Nixon's policies. His words put him to the right of JFK, and if JFK was a conservative...
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 08:35 PM   #17
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

So because he resigned rather than follow orders to fire Archibald Cox he was a bad person?
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 08:50 PM   #18
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

I find this interesting because some 10 years ago I posted something very similar in context. The difference is that I did not identify Nixon as the author of the plan but rather asked the members their thoughts on it. Seems no one, and this was when people still had their panties in a twisted wad about the ACA, could remotely identify it..
https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=494086&highlight=

Also, Nixon was probably one of the VERY few who realized how important the influence of China would be in the future.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:20 PM   #19
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnerd View Post
I find this interesting because some 10 years ago I posted something very similar in context. The difference is that I did not identify Nixon as the author of the plan but rather asked the members their thoughts on it. Seems no one, and this was when people still had their panties in a twisted wad about the ACA, could remotely identify it..

Also, Nixon was probably one of the VERY few who realized how important the influence of China would be in the future.
I guess the Progressives liked what was in the plan until they figured out it was Nixon's.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 01:59 PM   #20
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Imho...Progressives shifted to the Democrats and Conseratives to the GOP from 1964 through 1980.

That is why I point out it wasn't Republicans fighting for the abolition of slavery, it was Progressives. It wasn't Republicans fighting for women getting to vote , it was Progressives.

Yet you'll still see some ignorant fuck posting on here about how Republicans were the ones freeing the slaves or getting women the right to vote. When in fact Progressives were the GOP pre 1964.

Hell until the mid 90's you had to be a Democrat to get elected to public office in Texas.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 02:57 PM   #21
Revenant
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Don't forget wage and price controls! Nixon tried that too.

There is NOTHING more progressive than trying to impose economic control measures. Because government is SO prescient and can totally control economies if only the right people were in charge. Government bureaucrats can master everything - just like at the way they eliminated Covid.

Wage and price controls failed when Nixon tried them, of course.
Revenant is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 06:51 PM   #22
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Don't forget the expanded daylight savings time debacle which is unfortunately being considered today as permanent and the wonderful double nickel speed limit.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:06 PM   #23
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Imho...Progressives shifted to the Democrats and Conseratives to the GOP from 1964 through 1980.

That is why I point out it wasn't Republicans fighting for the abolition of slavery, it was Progressives. It wasn't Republicans fighting for women getting to vote , it was Progressives.

Yet you'll still see some ignorant fuck posting on here about how Republicans were the ones freeing the slaves or getting women the right to vote. When in fact Progressives were the GOP pre 1964.

Hell until the mid 90's you had to be a Democrat to get elected to public office in Texas.
You have to realize that it is far easier for some folks to concentrate on a word rather than actually think and delve into the background of things. I remember back in junior high or what some call intermediate one of my teachers relating how it could be dangerous for folks from Illinois to drive their personal cars in the South since on the license plate it said "Land of Lincoln"

Folks try to quote how there was a greater percentage of Republicans voting for the 1964 Civil Rights act but they conveniently forget that there was only one Republican in Congress from a former Confederate state and that of the six votes against the act from states other than the Confederacy were from Republicans.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:32 PM   #24
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

The Progressive agenda is

(a)bankrupting the country,
(b)growing the size of our federal government to levels that would make European social democrats blush,
(c) taxing higher earners at 75% rates (the revenue maximizing rate in Zucman and Saez's dream world), and
(c) putting America's fossil fuels industry out of business so fast we'd end up worse off than Europe is now.

Slavery and women's suffrage has absolutely "0" to do with the Progressive agenda. Saying that they do is a lot nuttier than saying Republicans were the party of Lincoln, which ended slavery in the USA. That last point at least has basis in fact.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 09:22 PM   #25
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

And of course you have PROOF . Of course not. Who needs proof?
Please for once in your posting career provide some substantiation.

Oh by the way just in case you are not aware, which I know you are not the fossil fuel companies are in fact looking to alternative sources.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:42 PM   #26
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
And of course you have PROOF . Of course not. Who needs proof?
Please for once in your posting career provide some substantiation.

Oh by the way just in case you are not aware, which I know you are not the fossil fuel companies are in fact looking to alternative sources.
Go to google advanced search. Search on domain name eccie.net, with the following terms,

(a) Tiny and "green new deal"

(b) Tiny and saez

(c) Tiny and "revenue maximizing tax rate"

(d) Tiny and fracking

(e) Tiny and Hollande

(f) Tiny and "bernie sanders"

(g) Tiny and "elizabeth warren"

You'll find lots of substantiation, complete with links.

Thanks for telling me about energy companies' capital spending plans. I sure need an education in that.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 10:10 PM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

The party of Lincoln was progressive as was the folks trying to gain women the right to vote
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 05:17 PM   #28
Revenant
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Folks try to quote how there was a greater percentage of Republicans voting for the 1964 Civil Rights act but they conveniently forget that there was only one Republican in Congress from a former Confederate state and that of the six votes against the act from states other than the Confederacy were from Republicans.
Is there a point to that micro-analysis? A higher percentage of the GOP voted for the Civil Rights Act than Democrats. Period. End of analysis. Quit trying to rehabilitate the 1964 Dems. You can't polish a turd.
Revenant is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 10:21 PM   #29
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Yes it's called TRUTH which apparently you have a problem with. Apparently you are quite content to believe what you are TOLD. And you are correct about polishing a turd but by all appearances you are doing your best to do so
Old 09-11-2022, 04:45 PM   #30
JoeMAGA
BANNED

Not a Nixon fan. He took our currency off of the gold standard, the most detrimental economic decision in US history. We are suffering the results of that decision currently. It's called inflation.
JoeMAGA is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women