Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70481
biomed161061
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453041
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47775
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-09-2022, 06:19 AM   #16
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Is the NASDAQ in the room with us at this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
...The Nasdaq tracks those companies in California and Washington for a reason....
Is this the NASDAQ that you speak of?
2022 YTD

Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 06:35 AM   #17
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I guess the OP never heard of Silicon Valley in California. I'll let spamming grumpy gramps in on a little secret, Technoloy is kind of a big deal now. The Nasdaq tracks those companies in California and Washington for a reason.

I'm pretty sure the deep south redneck states that love Trump are hardly keeping this economy afloat with their trailer park HOA fees. LOL
You and 1blackman1 appear to be obsessed with Trailer houses and parks. Is it suppressed childhood memories haunting you. Other than that try to stay on topic
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:23 AM   #18
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

I'm on topic, grumpy. Stop babbling and crying.

Just because you did not like my answer does not make me off topic. You started a topic that is false. I flippantly rebutted the subject, but it was still on topic. Maybe I should have just mentioned New York where Wall Street is instead of just the Tech industry and California. Feel better now?
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:51 AM   #19
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:

Just because you did not like my answer does not make me off topic. You started a topic that is false. I flippantly rebutted the subject, but it was still on topic. Maybe I should have just mentioned New York where Wall Street is instead of just the Tech industry and California. Feel better now?
OP still doesn’t understand the rules of engagement.

Most all of the topics he starts are based on false assumptions or baseless,altogether.

This one is no different. It’s a rant based on an editorial he likely heard on some RWW podcast, of which he only remembers a small portion.

It’s simple to see that his entire premise was built on a lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
Here are the 10 states with the highest GDP:
  • California (3,120,386 million)
  • Texas (1,772,132 million)
  • New York (1,705,127 million)
  • Florida (1,111,614 million)
  • Illinois (875,671 million)
  • Pennsylvania (788,500 million)
  • Ohio (683,460 million)
  • Washington (632,013 million)
TEXAS and FLORIDA ....RED

That’s why he’s the latest member of my ignore list.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:52 AM   #20
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Quote:

You are well below my pay grade, your fruitless comments have no bearing on me one way or the other. If I want your opinion I will forward you one. Till then keep trashing trailer parks, that’s about all you seem to have on your radar
Old 07-09-2022, 09:14 AM   #21
Yssup Rider
BANNED

This message is hidden because oilfieldace is on your ignore list.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:29 AM   #22
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldace View Post
You are well below my pay grade, your fruitless comments have no bearing on me one way or the other. If I want your opinion I will forward you one. Till then keep trashing trailer parks, that’s about all you seem to have on your radar
Please stay on topic, grumpy. Besides, you've said before that you are retired so you technically don't even have a pay grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
OK then . . . So why is it that people of means are leaving Democrat controlled states and moving to Republican controlled states?
Do you know what it costs to live in NY or Cali? Texas is cheap. I'd prefer to live in California but the same houses I own here, I'd have to pay at least 5 times as much to own similar houses in Orange County and it would be impossible for me to be able to afford places that size in Manhattan. I'm very fortunate financially but I am not that damn fortunate to reasonably afford that life there.

When I was younger, I lived in Manhattan. My rent was $4,250 a month. That place was barely bigger than the size of the closet in my current master bedroom. That's why people leave those places. It's not because of politics, it's because of COLA (cost of living adjustments) and in NY, you get the privilege of paying not only state taxes but also city taxes. California fucks you so bad on state taxes that you wonder every pay period why your check is so small although it should be so big.

ICU, I also don't consider Texas to be the deep south so no need to take offense for my little smart-ass trailer park jab about Trump owning states like Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and those other deep south highly populated conservative states that I won't bother to list further.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:36 AM   #23
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the deep south redneck states that love Trump are hardly keeping this economy afloat with their trailer park HOA fees. LOL
OK then . . . So why is it that people of means are leaving Democrat controlled states and moving to Republican controlled states?

Why is it that people of means are leaving Democrat controlled cities in these Republican controlled states and moving on out to the far-suburbs and countryside to the country?

A two acre lot in the woods with a 3,000 sq ft house on it is not a trailer park.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 10:56 AM   #24
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Quote:

Why is it that people of means are leaving Democrat controlled cities in these Republican controlled states and moving on out to the far-suburbs and countryside to the country?

A two acre lot in the woods with a 3,000 sq ft house on it is not a trailer park.
Does 350 acres with an 1800 square ft brick home qualify as a Trailer Park.
Old 07-09-2022, 10:57 AM   #25
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Even on ignore I am living rent free in yssup boys head
Old 07-09-2022, 11:04 AM   #26
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

GDP of a state isn’t a good parameter to go from. The cost of living is ridiculous in most big blue cities. You’re broke asf on a 100k salary somewhere like New York of Frisco, where as you’re doing nicely in a red suburb.

It’s not really about red and blue states, it’s blue cities that are the problem.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 01:18 PM   #27
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

SV buddies shoveling poop and TDS users living rent free in their minds.

wot a country.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 06:12 PM   #28
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:

Nope. It's likely a compound.

\HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
Old 07-09-2022, 09:13 PM   #29
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
Here are the 10 states with the highest GDP:
  • California (3,120,386 million)
  • Texas (1,772,132 million)
  • New York (1,705,127 million)
  • Florida (1,111,614 million)
  • Illinois (875,671 million)
  • Pennsylvania (788,500 million)
  • Ohio (683,460 million)
  • Washington (632,013 million)
TEXAS and FLORIDA ....RED

...... and Ohio. I live here.. its been red for a decade now.

Having said all of this, its also still a fact that there are only 8 states in the US that pay more INTO the federal system than they get back-- and those states with dollar amounts included are:

New York (23 Billion)

New Jersey (10 Billion)

Massachusetts (10 Billion)

California (6.5 Billion)

Connecticut (6 Billion)

Minnesota (2 Billion)-- this one surprised me, didn't think there were that many high income earners-- this is largely a tax revenue vs. welfare and benefits thing

Colorado (1.5 Billion)

Utah (500 Million)

So technically-- these are the states that are propping up the rest of the country in terms of keeping it running from a $$ perspective. Though-- not really.. because the top 8 takers take WAY more from the feds than the donor states above are pumping in.....

Who are the biggest takers? Here you go-- and the amounts that they fall short of breaking even at the fed level....

Virginia (112 Billion)

Kentucky (63 Billion)

Florida (51 Billion)

Maryland (50 Billion)

Ohio (42 Billion )-- Honestly-- surprised its not more, this state is perpetually depressed-- was the only state during Trump with negative job growth.

Pennsylvania (41.5 Billion)
North Carolina (35 Billion)

Alabama (33 Billion)

So-- while there is migration every year (lets be honest, there are some serious corporate tax reasons why a company would move to Texas or Florida) the fact remains that most of the donor states are fairly blue... and most of the takers are red. Both have a couple of outliers and borderline states... but.....
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 12:55 AM   #30
VerySkeptical
BANNED

All your links go to main web site listed in link (www.msn.com) not to the stories you claim.
Moot point. An economy that recovers faster, doesn't mean it's a good economy. If the economy sucked, and it got back to sucking faster, it means nothing.
It seems to me, of course, a shitty economy will recover first.
It has much less distance to go. Not one of those stories are about the best economy.
They're about which economy got back to where it was at first.

If a state economy is $100, it will recover before a $3 billion economy.
Looks like all the Trumpys missed the point there are no dollar values listed.
Just under performing states got back to underperforming first.

This isn't a denial of fact, it's y'all not understanding what you read.

Also no proof included showing mass migrations from any states to any other states.
The one poll you keep posting is a poll.
If you think the direction the country is headed is all Biden's fault, no surprise there. Or truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
The facts suck for those that have their heads perpetually stuck in the sand...liberalism is a failed ideology that the American people are experiencing on a DAILY basis!!

These 6 red and blue states tell you everything you need to know … news.yahoo.com

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com › restoring...
2 days ago · R ed states are overwhelmingly outperforming blue states in their economic recoveries from the pandemic . A big part of the growth comes from an influx of people relocating from high-tax states ...

Report shows red state economies recovering faster than …
https://www.msn.com › en-us › news › politics › report...
Report shows red state economies recovering faster than blue states'
Jul 07, 2022 · State leaders are giving different takes on how the post-pandemic economy is shaping up in the Sooner State. Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) shared his view on why red states are winning in a number ...

Red states recovered faster from COVID pandemic than …
https://nypost.com › 2022 › 07 › 05 › red-states-recovered...
Jul 05, 2022 · Companies are also relocating from blue-leaning states to red states in order to take advantage of lower taxes. Tennessee, which has attracted firms from high-cost states, saw its economy grow by ...

Red States Chart Faster Economic Recovery Than Blue …
https://www.theepochtimes.com › red-states-chart...
1 day ago · Red States Chart Faster Economic Recovery Than Blue States. By Nicholas Dolinger. July 7, 2022 Updated: July 7, 2022. Print. Throughout the United States, an unmistakable pattern has emerged in ...

Red states like Florida and Texas are doing better in the …
https://www.msn.com › en-us › news › us › red-states-like...
Red states like Florida and Texas are doing better in the post-pandemic ...
Jul 07, 2022 · "Red states have added 341,000 jobs over that time, while blue states were still short 1.3 million jobs as of May." Mitchell cited several high-profile companies, such as Citadel and Caterpillar ...

List Of Blue States And Red States In U.S. (2022 Updated)
https://www.gkgigs.com › list-of-blue-states-and-red-states
Jul 02, 2022 · The Blue States and the Red States are referred to as states of the United States whose voters predominantly choose either the Democratic Party (Blue) or Republican Party (Red) for Presidential and Senatorial Candidates. The use of the term Blue or Red has been expanded to differentiate between states being perceived as Liberal and those perceived as Conservative.

Red States Winning the Post-Pandemic Economy Over Blue States …
https://thefederalistpapers.org › us › red-states...
Jul 05, 2022 · Red States Winning the Post-Pandemic Economy Over Blue States and It's Not Even Close. Turns out Republican run “red states” are leading the way in the post pandemic economy, gaining jobs since March of 2020 whereas Democrat run “blue states” are still 1.3 million jobs short. “By many measures, red states—those that lean Republican ...

Red states outstrip blue in economic recovery
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com › restoring...
2 days ago · R ed states are overwhelmingly outperforming blue states in their economic recoveries from the pandemic . A big part of the growth comes from an influx of people relocating from high-tax states ...

Red States Leave Blue States Eating Their Economic Dust in the …
https://redstate.com › bobhoge › 2022 › 07 › 05 › red-states...
Jul 06, 2022 · The states that gained the most, led by Florida, Texas and North Carolina, are almost all red, as defined by the Cook Political Report based on how states voted in the past two presidential elections. The states that lost the most residents are almost all blue, led by California, New York and Illinois. Hardly an advertisement for moving to ...

Economic Policy: Blue States vs. Red States
https://freedomandprosperity.org › 2020 › blog › ...
Oct 13, 2020 · The most persuasive part of the video is the data on people “voting with their feet” against the blue states. There’s lots of data showing a clear relationship between the tax burden and migration patterns. Presumably for …

Red states recovered faster from COVID pandemic than blue states…
https://nypost.com › 2022 › 07 › 05 › red-states-recovered...
Jul 05, 2022 · Companies are also relocating from blue-leaning states to red states in order to take advantage of lower taxes. Tennessee, which has attracted firms from high-cost states, saw its economy grow by ...

Red States Chart Faster Economic Recovery Than Blue States
https://www.theepochtimes.com › red-states-chart...
1 day ago · Red States Chart Faster Economic Recovery Than Blue States. By Nicholas Dolinger. July 7, 2022 Updated: July 7, 2022. Print. Throughout the United States, an unmistakable pattern has emerged in ...

Red States Winning the Post-Pandemic Economy Over Blue States …
https://thefederalistpapers.org › us › red-states...
Jul 05, 2022 · Red States Winning the Post-Pandemic Economy Over Blue States and It's Not Even Close. Turns out Republican run “red states” are leading the way in the post pandemic economy, gaining jobs since March of 2020 whereas Democrat run “blue states” are still 1.3 million jobs short. “By many measures, red states—those that lean Republican ...

Red states see faster post-COVID economic recovery than blue states
https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-10985803
Jul 06, 2022 · Since February 2020, a month before the world's economy slowed dramatically due to the Covid-19 pandemic, red states have added 341,000 jobs while blue states have lost …

Red states outstrip blue in economic recovery - msn.com
https://www.msn.com › en-us › travel › summervacation › ...
Jul 06, 2022 · Red states are overwhelmingly outperforming blue states in their economic recoveries from the pandemic.

List Of Blue States And Red States In U.S. (2022 …
https://www.gkgigs.com › list-of-blue-states-and-red-states
Jul 02, 2022 · 24. Washington. 24. West Virginia. 25. Wisconsin. 25. Wyoming. All the 50 States of the United States of America contain both Democratic and Republican voters but only Blue or Red colors appear on the electoral map …

Red states add way more jobs, blue states see shortfall post-Covid
https://www.bizpacreview.com › 2022 › 07 › 06 › red-states...
2 days ago · Red states reportedly have added 341,000 jobs while blue states experienced a 1.3 million worker shortfall in the last approximately 2-1/2 years, according to …

Red States Are Winning the Post-Pandemic Economy - WSJ
https://www.wsj.com › articles › red-states-winning...
Jul 06, 2022 · Red states have added 341,000 jobs since February 2020, while blue states were still short 1.3 million jobs as of May. ... of the American economy. By many measures, red states—those that lean ...
VerySkeptical is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women