Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70497
biomed161137
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453055
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47806
pyramider46370
bambino40462
CryptKicker37109
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #16
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Did a little more reading of some legitimate sources. Looks like he was indeed picked up for the robbery charge that Thursday and released on $8000 bail. How he managed to get arrested on a second degree felony and released with priors in less than 48 hours is simply baffling to me.
"Two bike patrol officers responded to a report of an ATM robbery Thursday at Fifth and Trinity streets. The victim accused Sanders of hitting him and taking cash and his wallet, according to the arrest warrant. Officers found Sanders several blocks away based on a description from the victim, picking a credit card out of a wallet before tossing it into a trash can, the affidavit said.

He was charged with robbery by assault, a second-degree felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison. He posted $8,000 bail on Friday, court records show, and was released from the Travis County Jail. The bond was assessed by substitute Municipal Court Judge Olga Seelig."

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...12sanders.html

The official DA reports he was sleeping in back seat of a car with two other individuals. When police attempted to wake him, they noticed the gun in his waistline. The story is little muddy from there but two officers including Quinatana wrestled for the weapon for a few seconds stating Sanders was reaching for it. The kid was either seriously asleep and perhaps thought he was being robbed, or a complete moron thinking he was going to shoot at three cops with the single round that was in the chamber. My money would be on the former. I am not familiar enough with police protocol, but it seems to me approaching a parked vehicle with three suspects in it in the middle of the night with no lights on was probably not part of their training.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/travis_...nders_shooting

Assuming my reading is truthful, I think I am going to have to side with Billy on this one. I think the cops involved did not handle this very well, but this kid was just a shooting waiting to happen. I think I am more perturbed with the judge who let this kid out on such a small bail amount and such little assessment as to what threat he might have posed.
F-Sharp is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
Did a little more reading of some legitimate sources. Looks like he was indeed picked up for the robbery charge that Thursday and released on $8000 bail. How he managed to get arrested on a second degree felony and released with priors in less than 48 hours is simply baffling to me.
"Two bike patrol officers responded to a report of an ATM robbery Thursday at Fifth and Trinity streets. The victim accused Sanders of hitting him and taking cash and his wallet, according to the arrest warrant. Officers found Sanders several blocks away based on a description from the victim, picking a credit card out of a wallet before tossing it into a trash can, the affidavit said.

He was charged with robbery by assault, a second-degree felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison. He posted $8,000 bail on Friday, court records show, and was released from the Travis County Jail. The bond was assessed by substitute Municipal Court Judge Olga Seelig."

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...12sanders.html

The official DA reports he was sleeping in back seat of a car with two other individuals. When police attempted to wake him, they noticed the gun in his waistline. The story is little muddy from there but two officers including Quinatana wrestled for the weapon for a few seconds stating Sanders was reaching for it. The kid was either seriously asleep and perhaps thought he was being robbed, or a complete moron thinking he was going to shoot at three cops with the single round that was in the chamber. My money would be on the former. I am not familiar enough with police protocol, but it seems to me approaching a parked vehicle with three suspects in it in the middle of the night with no lights on was probably not part of their training.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/travis_...nders_shooting

Assuming my reading is truthful, I think I am going to have to side with Billy on this one. I think the cops involved did not handle this very well, but this kid was just a shooting waiting to happen. I think I am more perturbed with the judge who let this kid out on such a small bail amount and such little assessment as to what threat he might have posed.
Wow, and I had just sat down behind my computer to enlighten you on this situation. Well, I'll give you this. You were man enough to admit you were wrong on this one. We ALL agree that the tactics here sucked. No doubt about it. I'm not making excuses, only showing a different side. Just picture this for a quick second. Quintana sees the car they've been looking for that's been involved in several robberies, shots fired etc. He tells his back up officers over the radio that he has the car in sight. He follows them into the complex but intends to drive by (his own words) and wait for his back up. He thinks they may just lay low in the car until he's out of sight (again, his words from the independent report) and by then his back up should be there. Instead, the driver immediately gets out. He's (Quintana) got to make a decision right then and there. Does he stop the driver from walking into an apartment and initiate things right then and there or does he continue to wait for his back up, not approach the car and take the chance on them disappearing into the complex? Again, I stress that I don't agree with some of the tactics that were used, but I certainly understand that he had to make an instantaneous decision at that moment. Later, when time was on their side, some other decisions were made that are questionable and those probably had more to do with the outcome than the initial stop.
None of that negates what Nathanial Sanders was. You may feel differently but once an 18 or 19 year old goes around committing armed robbery, shooting at people etc, he's no longer "just a kid". He's a dangerous felon. Period. Does he "deserve" to get shot?
I never said that. But if you struggle with a police officer who's trying to take away the gun that's in your pants, well, it's probably NOT going to turn out well.

As far as him being out on bail. Not sure what county you live in but that's par for the course in Travis County. Judge Perkins out of the 331st District Court was notorious for that. It was not unusual for him to have people out on low bail that had committed numerous separate felonies while waiting to go to trial. He just kept handing out $5,000 bails like they were candy. What's $5,000 to a drug dealer, armed robber etc that has to come up with 10% of that?

I can certainly understand why some here would want liberal judges on the bench. The problem with that though is that you don't get to pick on what kind of cases they're liberal and on which ones they tend to be conservative. If you don't want armed robbers like Sanders running around on the street 2 days after they've been arrested then maybe you should consider that next time voting comes around. Just sayin'
DTorrchia is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTorrchia View Post
Wow, and I had just sat down behind my computer to enlighten you on this situation. Well, I'll give you this. You were man enough to admit you were wrong on this one.
Not wrong, I was only commenting on the little info you provided. I had to go digging around for the facts on my own. Believe me, I will be the first one to admit I am wrong about something when the facts show it. I still don't think this kid was a threat to these officers and based on what I am reading, I think he was startled out of sleep and panicked not knowing what was going on. Regardless, I still think he was a shooting waiting to happen at some point. There's no excuse for the judge no matter the political affiliation, and I don't rule out that the DA may not have made a strong enough case to keep this kid locked up after the incident that Thursday. But you know what they say about hindsight...
F-Sharp is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women