Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47732
pyramider46370
bambino40438
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
Fred Garvin
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

The Pink Carter was always fun and interesting
Fred Garvin is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #17
Allie_Kat
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6154
My ECCIE Reviews

I forgot about Harlings...I used to go to that place every Fri. night. I had a little "adventure" on the roof there once. In the snow. Brrrr.
Allie_Kat is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
growler
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I had all but forgotten about the Pink Carter. That reminds me of the Harmony Inn on 38th & Main, and Miltons, a great place for a discrete meeting.....and what a record collection!
growler is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #19
Bubba
ECCIE Ambassador

Encounters: 1

I used to go to the Quaff....many years ago, before the remodeling. I always got a kick out of talking with some of the old guys. Many of them had lived in KC their entire life and like sharing their knowledge and experience!

I remember a couple of guys in particular. One guys was an ace in WWII. He had the paperwork to prove it! The other guy wasn't that old but anytime the song Elvira came on he would drape himself over the jukebox and sing along!

Joe and Newt are great guys. It has been a long time since I have been there. The last time was right after they remodeled.

Does anybody remember One Block West? I used to go there when I was 18!! There was another popular "18" bar or two on the Kansas side but I don't remember the name!

Ahhh.......the memories!!
Bubba is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #20
phun69
Registered Member

Ya'll need to get up north. Moxie Bar is hands down the best neighborhood bar up here. I don't think you can find cheaper drinks anywhere else in this city. I like it so much that it deserved to be my first eecie post!
phun69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #21
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Hey Bubba...remember a place called Pogo's on the Kansas side?
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #22
Guest121212
Account Disabled

User ID: 6416
My ECCIE Reviews

Was Pogo's that place over by Shawnee Mission Medical Center? I've heard stories. Early - mid eighties stuff.

My favorite dive bar was hands down Rando's in Topeka back in the day. Biker heaven. Of course, my sneaking in underage and winning five wet t-shirt contests there may had a lot to do with it. I will never forget the looks on the faces of EVERYONE the day I came in celebrating my 21st birthday after drinking there for four years. Oh well, I was a lush. And easy. The cherries soaked in Everclear (Cherry Bombs) for 25 cents may have had a lot to do with the easy part . . .

Kisses,

- Jackie
Guest121212 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #23
vitokc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Bubba, you're right, there were a lot of interesting folks at the Quaff. It really got interesting when the workers at local restaurants finished their shifts and came in. Many were generous with their tips and if you were lucky, they would start buying rounds for all.
I remember Pogos. I think it was in the Georgetown shops area. I only went there once. Too many 15-16 year olds with fake id's. Didn't want to wear a striped suit for several years. The Merry Go Round on SW Blvd was an interesting place. They used to have local legend Jackie Foster playing regularly.
vitokc is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:49 AM   #24
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardyBoy View Post
Rumor has it Mike's is set to reopen in April under new ownership. I don't particularly remember it turning into a "lesbian" bar at any point. More the type of place where all kinds were welcome, from street thugs to debutantes and everything in between. And The Peanut is one of my favorites as well.
Mikes has never been the same since the Renner brothers owned it. They sold it in the mid-eighties. Rich Renner then became a partner in the Twin Cities Tavern. Shortly after leaving TC, sadly, Rich passed away.

I never really considered Mike's a dive-bar, more of a neighborhood bar, where all types hung out.

Anyone remember The Ship that was downtown - off of 10th I think. Now, that was a dive. You'd always find one old wino in there asking someone to buy him a drink. You'd also find the old barflys - old, chain smoking, too tight of clothes looking for a man. Whenever I see Marge's sister on The Simpsons, I think of them.
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #25
Allie_Kat
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6154
My ECCIE Reviews

Has anyone been to the Newsroom on Broadway? It's a great little place if you want privacy. It's never packed and they have a jukebox. Or The Roxy on Metcalf and 75th? They have some hottie female bar staff.
Allie_Kat is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #26
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Yea Pogo's was the place to go in High School...espc when ya had a fake ID.
It was in the Georgetown Center off 75th. I remember after one of our High School dances it was the Pre-Party gathering place...and of course most of us were "borderline" legal age, lol. Typical Catholic boys )
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #27
jeff one086
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I used to go to the Quaff....many years ago, before the remodeling. I always got a kick out of talking with some of the old guys. Many of them had lived in KC their entire life and like sharing their knowledge and experience!

I remember a couple of guys in particular. One guys was an ace in WWII. He had the paperwork to prove it! The other guy wasn't that old but anytime the song Elvira came on he would drape himself over the jukebox and sing along!

Joe and Newt are great guys. It has been a long time since I have been there. The last time was right after they remodeled.

Does anybody remember One Block West? I used to go there when I was 18!! There was another popular "18" bar or two on the Kansas side but I don't remember the name!

Ahhh.......the memories!!
great, now you're scaring me.
i was at the quaff ALL the time before the remodel
...and after the remodel...
jeff one086 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #28
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

speaking of bars on Admiral Blvd. there was one close to where I got my first job. was talking to someone about stopping there after work and they warned against it. seems the Spano brothers had recently got shot up by Civilli and Deluna there. Can't remember the name, but last time I drove by, it was no longer there.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #29
vitokc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

KC Joe, I know which one you are talking about, but I can't remember. I'm old enough to remember it was there but too old to remember the name. Or is it I forgot what I forgot?
I do remember one thing, I think it was Spero Bros not Spano. Wouldn't that be a nightmare a forgetful hitman!!
vitokc is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #30
BiggestBest
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

The Virginian Tavern in the River Quay.

Go to http://www.americanmafia.com/cities/kansas_city.html and search for "Spero".
BiggestBest is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women