Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60383
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41576
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-10-2014, 03:04 AM   #16
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
You want to ignore/deny the hospital administrators that expressed alarm over the dramatic increased ER visits....go ahead.....be an idiot.
A hospital administrator. As in one. Which is the number of extra patients per 8 hours. There's an idiot here all right

The administrators know what is going on. More people in the ER means higher costs for the hospitals and their taxpayers. Something else is going right by you. The increased patient load has insurance. Remember? That was your main point. A higher percentage of hospital er patients pay their bill because they have insurance. It also means less resources allocated to those who need ER (and other) hospital services.
The numbers in your link were 100 extra a month or 1 every 8 hour shift. 1 extra person per 8 hours. Dramatic increase? Not even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaguy729 View Post
and who pays for these extra patients going to the ER... many of which I assume are newly minted Medicaid patients?.... oh yeah, the taxpayer..... and add to the fact, that since they have medicaid, they can schedule with a normal doctor, except for the fact, as usual, leeches on the system tend to not give a fuck if they cost other people money.....
You assume all right. And forget everyone over 65 gets taxpayer money. This article was supposed to back the claim all these new people on Obamacare (1 extra a shift) are increasing the number of patients. Insured patients are paying patients. The added costs to tax payers you are bitching about are paid whether the health insurance is used or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Most of those new private health insurance policies are subsidized with taxpayer money too.

Around me the number of minor emergency centers is staggering. Literally 5 in a one mile stretch of highway. A doc told me it was to take up patient overflow from the local public hospital.
5 minor emergency centers to take up the patient flow? Right.

If a situation involving a hospital that needed 5 mecs exists, why did the article go with one that only added 1 patient per shift?
What highway? Which section? Which local public hospital?
I think the doc you talked to, your shrink, said whatever he had to keep you from blowing up. He only gets Medicaid pay for you.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:37 AM   #17
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

You ignore the facts.............Not just 1 hospital, but all across the country !
Doctors and hospitals are reporting an increase in the number of emergency room visits since Obamacare took effect in January.

Nearly half of American ER doctors responding to a recent poll by the American College of Emergency Physicians said they’ve seen more patients in their emergency rooms since Jan. 1, and nearly 90 percent expect those visits to rise in the next three years.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/09/re...#ixzz34Edpkk5J
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:38 AM   #18
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

But don't believe me; here is same reporting from the NY Times in black and white:
Supporters of President Obama’s health care law had predicted that expanding insurance coverage for the poor would reduce costly emergency room visits because people would go to primary care doctors instead. But a rigorous new experiment in Oregon has raised questions about that assumption, finding that newly insured people actually went to the emergency room a good deal more often.

The study, published in the journal Science, compared thousands of low-income people in the Portland area who were randomly selected in a 2008 lottery to get Medicaid coverage with people who entered the lottery but remained uninsured. Those who gained coverage made 40 percent more visits to the emergency room than their uninsured counterparts during their first 18 months with insurance.

The pattern was so strong that it held true across most demographic groups, times of day and types of visits, including those for conditions that were treatable in primary care settings.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/03/he...ests.html?_r=0
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #19
Pharmaguy729
Premium Access

Encounters: 141

Munchmaster....medicaid patients do not pay in anything. They take. Before, hospitals would be forced to see indigent care and write it off. I dont begrudge over 65 people because they actually contributed before they turned 65.and i assume by observable conditions having worked around the healthcare industry for a decade.
Pharmaguy729 is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #20
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Lol gnadfly....thanks for the assist in calling out the hypocritical lying sack of excrement that is ysssup....
Pharma. That is rude and uncalled for. I think you need to apologize . . . To lying sacks of excrement . . . for comparing them to AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2014.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
And sorry...i looked back..you werent subsidized. ..you took a tax credit instead of the subsidy
Pharma, in lib circles a tax credit is considered a subsidy.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #22
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Munchmaster....medicaid patients do not pay in anything. They take. Before, hospitals would be forced to see indigent care and write it off. I dont begrudge over 65 people because they actually contributed before they turned 65.and i assume by observable conditions having worked around the healthcare industry for a decade.
The point I was trying to make is adding all the people to the now-health-insured people is that now these are paying patients. Before, indigents could only go to the county hospital. They wouldn't be able to pay and the county wrote it off. Now though, these are paying patients. The county er is less crowded and they'll write fewer people's treatment off. That means less cost for taxpayers. They have stopped going to just the county hospital. They are going to other hospitals which is going to increase the patient load. The people used to go to the er all the time. It's understandable they would continue to do that at first. The article said "dramatic" increase. The hospital they used as an example said they had to convert a room to a treatment room. The increase they quote is 1 patient extra per shift. They didn't remodel for 1 extra patient per shift. The need to remodel was there before ACA kicked in.
If the 100 extra patients per month was uncommonly low, the article wouldn't have used it. They either are lazy or they used a very small sampling. Regardless, the descriptive words used are the author's choice. As is the lack of hard numbers for a real comparison.
As far as the cost for taxpayers for the whole program, of course it's going to cost more money. That was known going in. The real numbers won't be clear for a while.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #23
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
5 minor emergency centers to take up the patient flow? Right.

If a situation involving a hospital that needed 5 mecs exists, why did the article go with one that only added 1 patient per shift?
What highway? Which section? Which local public hospital?
I think the doc you talked to, your shrink, said whatever he had to keep you from blowing up. He only gets Medicaid pay for you.
Yep. The Doc is an orthopedist, takes medicare, does surgery at the local hospital that the 5 mecs are taking business away from. I am not his patient. Two are of the 5 biggers meds are literally 100 yards apart on the highway. Another two are literally across the street.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women