Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 01-25-2013, 02:44 AM   #16
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. In 1860 the southern states seceded from the union. They did not declare war on the north. South Carolina fired on the fort when Lincoln tried to resupply it and add more troops. Up until then relations were fairly civil. The soldiers went into Charleston to buy food at the markets. Firing on the fort was a PR mistake. It gave Lincoln the moral authority to send troops into the south. That is the history.

The modern version (as I have written many times) is not about leaving the US. It is about the states putting force the idea that the states are independent of the federal government as enumerated in the Constitution. There would be a war only if the occupant of the White House wanted one. Otherwise the states would do their thing, stop sending their tax money to DC, and stop listening to federal laws that violate the Constitution. I imagine if one state started the ball rolling several other states would join. Once again (so that you understand this simple thing) there would only be a war if Barry wanted one.

And by definition secession has nothing to do with leaving the country like so many liberals threaten but never do.
You never get it right.

When and where have liberals "threatened" to leave the country? What state?

If you can't answer the question, just do what you normally do.

Lie, crawl away, or both.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #17
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Heh, ol' Cornyhole has been in the floor stripper fumes again. Our local Kommunitee Kollege janitor who stands in the hallway and listens in on a few classes can't get much right because he argues backwards from his "conclusions" instead of starting with a premise and moving forward. Typical Teawipe snob.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #18
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Yeah, quit your constant bitching or get the fuck out!

It's gonna be at least 12 years before you matter again as an ideology, so pack up your shut and go somewhere where you'll feel safer ... Argentina has been know to harbor bitter old Fascists!

Hasta la vista motherfuckers!

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
The modern version (as I have written many times) is not about leaving the US. It is about the states putting force the idea that the states are independent of the federal government as enumerated in the Constitution. There would be a war only if the occupant of the White House wanted one. Otherwise the states would do their thing, stop sending their tax money to DC, and stop listening to federal laws that violate the Constitution. I imagine if one state started the ball rolling several other states would join. Once again (so that you understand this simple thing) there would only be a war if Barry wanted one.
The Constitution does NOT enumerate that the states are independent of the federal government. To the contrary, the Constitution enumerates specific powers that the federal government has. To the extent a federal power conflicts with a state power, per the Supremacy Clause, the federal power wins. That's hardly an enumeration of independence for the states.

And states don't send tax money to DC. People and businesses do. Are you proposing that states PREVENT businesses from sending income tax, payroll tax, FICA, etc. to the Treasury?

Stop listening to laws that violate the Constitution? Who makes THAT determination? Ricky Perry? Andrew Cuomo?

The states don't have the option to stop listening. The feds have their own laws, police force, and courts. The states can sue in court and let the Supreme Court decide.

What happens if the Supreme Court decides that the federal government DOES have the power to make marijuana sales illegal? What does Colorado do then? Ignore the Supreme Court and have the state police arrest DEA agents with they raid pot dispensaries?

The "modern version" as you call it isn't any smarter than the "slavery preservation version" of the 19th century.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
It's gonna be at least 12 years before you matter again as an ideology...
12 years?

"I call that bold talk for a one-eye fat man."

You think Biden or Hillary is a shoo-in? If Obama doesn't get the economy moving and soon, the Dems are toast in 2016.

They might have inherited a bad economy, but they will have had 8 years to fix it. If the economy still sucks in 2015 and all we have done is treble (or worse) the national debt, the Dems will lose BIG.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
12 years?

"I call that bold talk for a one-eye fat man."

You think Biden or Hillary is a shoo-in? If Obama doesn't get the economy moving and soon, the Dems are toast in 2016.

They might have inherited a bad economy, but they will have had 8 years to fix it. If the economy still sucks in 2015 and all we have done is treble (or worse) the national debt, the Dems will lose BIG.
True Grit!! The Duke...best movie ever!! (The original, not the remake done by those pissant libtards.)
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

The original statements:

Eddie Vedder - "I'm moving to a different country if little Damien II gets elected."

Alec Baldwin - was never quoted directly, but reportedly made a statement to his wife Kim Basinger, who was later quoted in Focus magazine saying that Alec "might leave the country if Bush is elected president ... and then I'd probably have to go too."

Barbara Streisand - "I don't think you'll see me around here for at least four years."

Robert Altman - "If George Bush is elected president, I'm leaving for France."

Pierre Salinger - "If Bush wins, I'm going to leave the country and spend the rest of my life in France."

You can kiss my ass now.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #23
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

On February 1, 1861, the state of Texas declared its secession from the United States. Just an FYI.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #24
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

So did a lot of states back then, IBCrying. Civil war and all, you know. What's your point?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #25
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Who the hell keeps track of the secession anniversaries of Confederate states?

Oh, that's right. Folks longing for the good old days. Just an FYI.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #26
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Who the hell keeps track of the secession anniversaries of Confederate states?

Oh, that's right. Folks longing for the good old days. Just an FYI.
The History Channel, and other folks who know something about history! Just an FYI.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post
True Grit!! The Duke...best movie ever!! (The original, not the remake done by those pissant libtards.)

what about the piss ant libatards that made the first one?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women