Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
Guest091813
Account Disabled

User ID: 2752
My ECCIE Reviews

yes..well here's the deal..they checked out the guns..the kid was legal in purchasing them.
so now what..let's let folks grieve before the gun law issues start flooding in...

the kid went about and got them legally..last i heard....they were legally registered to him...

now i havent turned on the news since 5 this evening..so things may have changed since then..however i doubt it.
schools..
in this day and age..regardless the school..every single one of them need to have metal detectors at every door..
and amped up security at every single door checking every single person that goes through that door.....

you wanna keep your kids safe..then spend the money to do it..it only makes sense..

cutting down on guns is not the answer..regardless what the gov is goin to implement..
folks gonna sell them whether they are legal or not..and folks gonna buy them whether they are legal or not...

all you can do is control the area's people have access too...
Guest091813 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
AlbanyBlonde
Account Disabled

User ID: 17144
My ECCIE Reviews

I feel for the Authorities who have seen the aftermath, and those who went inside to retrieve the dead. Something that they will be greatly impacted by for the rest of their lives.
AlbanyBlonde is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #18
FreeToChoose
Gaining Momentum

We were talking about this at work. Why so many acts of mass murder now in comparison to 20 or 30 years ago. Most compelling thought is that this type of horror has come to be an acknowledged piece of modern American life. Thank you to the internet instantaneous news everywhere world. The cork is out of the bottle and now those, who in years past would have Lead lives of quiet desperation, have a role to emulate. And they achieve their 15 minutes of glory and acceptance.

I am not a NRA fan but, for those who commit this type of crime, I lean toward the "beer for my horses" response.
FreeToChoose is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #19
cowboy8055
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita germane View Post
cutting down on guns is not the answer..regardless what the gov is goin to implement..
folks gonna sell them whether they are legal or not..and folks gonna buy them whether they are legal or not....
Isn't that the truth. If a lunatic is set on going on a killing spree he will get a gun regardless of whatever restrictions there may be. Tighter gun restrictions only create more hassle for law abiding citizens. They will have little effect on criminals who aren't likely to register a gun in the first place.
cowboy8055 is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #20
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
folks gonna sell them whether they are legal or not..and folks gonna buy them whether they are legal or not...

all you can do is control the area's people have access too...
Really? The answer is to control where they have access to? So the guy goes to a Toys-R-Us or a Chuck-E Cheese instead of a school. What'd that accomplish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy8055 View Post
Isn't that the truth. If a lunatic is set on going on a killing spree he will get a gun regardless of whatever restrictions there may be. Tighter gun restrictions only create more hassle for law abiding citizens. They will have little effect on criminals who aren't likely to register a gun in the first place.
You're guessing. Just like i'm guessing when i say that stricter gun control laws will alleviate (though not eliminate) the problem. But my guess is based on the fact that civilized countries with much stricter gun control laws tend to have "murder by gun" numbers in the double digits per year while ours is typically over 10,000/yr. You need to run away from that in making your guess.

Either way, what i do know, and feel pretty confident in claiming, is that stricter gun control laws won't make the problem any worse than it already is.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #21
Guest091813
Account Disabled

User ID: 2752
My ECCIE Reviews

Doove...

im saying...schools..
in this day and age..regardless the school..every single one of them need to have metal detectors at every door..
and amped up security at every single door checking every single person that goes through that door.....
you wanna keep your kids safe..then spend the money to do it..it only makes sense..

we have control over this..as we can go to the school board meetings and petition for this sort of thing being we are parents..

since you use chucky cheese and toys are us as an example i would think that would be up to the folks that are on the board
of directors for those two companies to institute that sort of security in their stores...i have no controle over that as
im not a stockholder in those companies and i do not shop or hang at either of those venues.
.have you tried the pizza at chucky cheese? And the prices of the merchandise at toys are
us are just outlandish!

.. I was reffing to...

schools..and only schools..... i have been to schools that have metal detectors and amped up security in their schools..it works...
you might not know this..im not originally from rochester..Ima transplant to this town... Ive lived in cities 6 to 8 times larger than this
town.....thats how they handle their schools there..security and metal detectors at the doors..
*fyi*not only their schools..but club and bar venues as well..

and i dont believe stricter gun laws are gonna make it harder for those that cant get a automatic handgun..
if some one wants one or two or three.. bad enough..there are sources for them to go through...
Guest091813 is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #22
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBALLS View Post
leave to the president to start bringing up gun control already...shocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Deal with it.
nothing to deal with, it was predictable..lol

thats usually why people add "shocker" to the end of a sarcastic sentence,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfengshui View Post
Don't worry. With the NRA and this country's gun fetish, your right to own an unlimited number of assault weapons of mass destruction is safe.
or theyll just end up in the hands of criminals via Eric Holder, your hero,

easier access that way sadly

liberal hypocrisy...SHOCKER!! LOL
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #23
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1

JB, I repeat. You win, and you can have as many assault weapons of mass destruction as you want

I reserve my right to consider that insanity.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #24
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

A sorry and sad incident. I can't say the thought behind it, can't empathize, can't imagine the grief.

I believe the right to bear arms is granted us so that we can protect ourselves from those that have guns, be that a government, foreign or domestic, or an individual. I advocate less to no gun control. I don't carry and won't during normal circumstances but I hope I would have the strength to hold this belief should I or a loved one be shot repeatedly.

I believe a long hard look needs to be taken at the violent video games entitled, undisciplined confused young people get massive exposure to. I cannot believe these games don't affect their development. Right now, playing Black Ops, tens of thousands of people are slaughtering each other in virtual recreation. We're humans; what we imagine, we do.

Every time this happens, I wonder, "would this have happened of the perp could have gone to the corner brothel and gotten blown for $40?" I wonder if loneliness was part of his problem. That isn't always the answer, but I do think sometimes it is. I feel the answer is not in locking more doors and installing more metal detectors and security checks, but rather in opening more doors, and watching out for each other.

Address the why, not the how. With a why one can create a how. Address the why.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #25
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
leave to the president to start bringing up gun control already...shocker
Quote:
nothing to deal with, it was predictable..lol

thats usually why people add "shocker" to the end of a sarcastic sentence,,
How's about you tell us exactly what the President said yesterday that got your panties in such a bunch.

Go ahead.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #26
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfengshui View Post
JB, I repeat. You win, and you can have as many assault weapons of mass destruction as you want

I reserve my right to consider that insanity.
I dont have any , you have an unrealistic view of reality and make untrue assumptions
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #27
Guest121613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 24

It is terrible situation. Ironically, I think over-media coverage (I am not saying to not report it) spurs on others who are mentally ill. What I mean to say, is that some sicko identifies with the murderer, and fantasizes about doing the same thing. The sickos are frequently anti-social, and may have been bullied, or even abused, or chemical imbalances, and gives the perp his moment of fame. The sicko see the murderer as a hero.

The media covering every speculation prior to getting the facts is very annoying.
Guest121613 is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #28
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

The media Machine is made up of insatiable maggots. Did you see the one lady reporting in the flowery purple Kentucky derby hat? So inappropriate.

They are wildly inaccurate and will bombard us with news for two weeks then move on unconcerned for the wreckage or the lessons to be learned. Doubt not the media's sole interest: themselves, their image, their wallet.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #29
AlbanyBlonde
Account Disabled

User ID: 17144
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Straight to the point.

I couldn't agree more!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (68.0 KB, 54 views)
AlbanyBlonde is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #30
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
since you use chucky cheese and toys are us as an example i would think that would be up to the folks that are on the board
of directors for those two companies to institute that sort of security in their stores.
Now you're being ridiculous. I could have just as easily used a parking lot at a Friday night high school football game as an example.

Quote:
schools..and only schools..... i have been to schools that have metal detectors and amped up security in their schools..it works...
you might not know this..im not originally from rochester..Ima transplant to this town... Ive lived in cities 6 to 8 times larger than this
town.....thats how they handle their schools there..security and metal detectors at the doors..
*fyi*not only their schools..but club and bar venues as well..
All well and good, but this will do nothing but prevent the accidental shootings from kids bringing guns to schools. Or the shooting where some kid gets in a fight with another student and shoots him simply because he has a gun in his pocket.

I find it more than a little ironic that you'll suggest that, no matter the level of gun control, if someone wants to get a gun they'll get it, while at the same time ignoring the fact that if someone wants to shoot up 20 kids in an elementary school, they'll find a way to do it.

I heard this kid entered the school through a window. Even ignoring that fact of how he could evade the metal detector, there's no doubt he would have simply killed the guard standing at the metal detector if he had to go through one.

Gun control may or may not be the answer....but i'm quite sure that putting metal detectors everywhere a danger exists ain't gonna accomplish squat.

Quote:
and i dont believe stricter gun laws are gonna make it harder for those that cant get a automatic handgun..
You can "don't believe" all you want. Right now, that's based on little more than your faith that you think you're right. All i know is that relatively easy access to guns allowed a bugged out maniac to kill 20 kids in an elementary school. I'm just glad my side isn't in the position of having to defend the system that allowed that to happen.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women