Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47582
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #17
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Default Man handed life sentence in Toronto crossbow killing of abusive father

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4517661/
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #18
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Tragic

This story is tragic.

It did not have to happen, but it did and does much too often.

. . . Youth is indeed wasted on the young.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #19
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
I can shoot another person from at least 10 feet away. Very quick, very easy, no contact with the victim. With a knife I have to come within arm's length of the victim which gives the victim the chance, however small it might be, of protecting him or herself. Plus, that extra added time it takes to use a knife instead of a handgun might allow the perpetrator to consider the consequences of such an action and realize how stupid it is.

And FWIW, I am not at all advocating an increase in gun control based on this event.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #20
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I can shoot another person from at least 10 feet away. Very quick, very easy, no contact with the victim. With a knife I have to come within arm's length of the victim which gives the victim the chance, however small it might be, of protecting him or herself. Plus, that extra added time it takes to use a knife instead of a handgun might allow the perpetrator to consider the consequences of such an action and realize how stupid it is.

And FWIW, I am not at all advocating an increase in gun control based on this event.
FWIW, in a fit of rage (and 'fits of rage' are not known as times for contemplative or reflective thought), most NFL football players wouldn't need a weapon to kill an average American female.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Jovan Belcher was a murderer. He did what murderers do. He murdered. The implement was not the cause. The cause was that Belcher wanted to murder. He did.

He deserves no tribute, or respect. Like any other murderer, he deserves nothing.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #22
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:

I can kill my victim from 10 miles away very conveniently, very easily with a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Jovan Belcher was a murderer. He did what murderers do. He murdered. The implement was not the cause. The cause was that Belcher wanted to murder. He did.

He deserves no tribute, or respect. Like any other murderer, he deserves nothing.
The guy had a degree in "Family Relations" from University of Maine. An institution needs to rethink its degree plan.

This is the story that needed to get national attention:
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/J...eaded-his-wife
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #23
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Probably why some use bombs much more impersonal.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #24
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
FWIW, in a fit of rage (and 'fits of rage' are not known as times for contemplative or reflective thought), most NFL football players wouldn't need a weapon to kill an average American female.
Still doesn't matter. Without a gun, killing makes it much more difficult on so many levels. He probably had the gun in close proximity when he killed her. Anger overtook him and he reacted. If he had had ANY time at all to think about the consequences of his actions, he may have reacted differently.We'll never know because he had a gun.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #25
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Too bad she didn't have a gun to defend herself.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #26
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Still doesn't matter. Without a gun, killing makes it much more difficult on so many levels. He probably had the gun in close proximity when he killed her. Anger overtook him and he reacted. If he had had ANY time at all to think about the consequences of his actions, he may have reacted differently.We'll never know because he had a gun.
Blecher all but emptied a clip -- nine shots -- into the woman. He meant to kill her, and he had the strength to kill her with his bare hands if there had been no weapon available. Costas -- and the rest of the knee-jerk liberal antigun crew -- want to ignore man's intent to kill the woman, and they want to quibble over how he did it.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #27
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Complex

Really? Well, it's actually much more complex.

Maybe such a simple answer is enough for a simple mind like yours, but it leaves much unsaid and much unknown to those who can ponder that far.

. . . The man suffered enough to do such a terrible thing and he hardly needs your judgment on top of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #28
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Blecher all but emptied a clip -- nine shots -- into the woman. He meant to kill her, and he had the strength to kill her with his bare hands if there had been no weapon available. Costas -- and the rest of the knee-jerk liberal antigun crew -- want to ignore man's intent to kill the woman, and they want to quibble over how he did it.
He certainly meant to kill her -- at that specific point in time. Had he had even a few seconds to think about the consequences of his actions, he might have realized how wrong it was. With a gun, you don't usually have that few seconds. It is obvious from his actions at the stadium with the coaches that his he was very remorseful about what he had done. Too late.

And please point out what Costas said that implied that he wanted to impinge on your Second Amendment rights? As many have pointed out -- NOTHING.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #29
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
He certainly meant to kill her -- at that specific point in time. Had he had even a few seconds to think about the consequences of his actions, he might have realized how wrong it was. With a gun, you don't usually have that few seconds. It is obvious from his actions at the stadium with the coaches that his he was very remorseful about what he had done. Too late.

And please point out what Costas said that implied that he wanted to impinge on your Second Amendment rights? As many have pointed out -- NOTHING.
Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” as he sought out and retrieved is pistol: but he didn’t.

Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” before he pulled the trigger the first time: but he didn’t. Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” before he pulled the trigger the second time: but he didn’t. Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” before he pulled the trigger the third time: but he didn’t. Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” before he pulled the trigger the forth time: but he didn’t. Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” before he pulled the trigger the fifth time: but he didn’t. Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” before he pulled the trigger the sixth time: but he didn’t. Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” before he pulled the trigger the seventh time: but he didn’t. Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” before he pulled the trigger the eighth time: but he didn’t. Belcher could have had a “reflective moment” before he pulled the trigger the ninth time: but he didn’t.

Even before he started, Belcher knew it could only end one way, and that is why he got down on his knees and pulled the trigger for the tenth and final time.

As the saying goes about opinions, each of us has one. And here's one more: If Kasandra Perkins had possessed a gun, she might still be alive today.

BTW, point out where “Second Amendment rights” were mentioned! Chirp! Chirp!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #30
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:

As the saying goes about opinions, each of us has one. And here's one more: If Kasandra Perkins had possessed a gun, she might still be alive today.

You can't seriously believe that. If she owned a gun, she would have had to go get it before he pulled his on her and fired. Or, if she had it on her at all times, she would have drawn when he drew and they both would have been shooting at each other.

The answer to guns, isn't more guns. More guns doesn't stop people from getting shot, it actually means MORE people get shot.

Guns making killing WAAAY to easy imo.

Sure, he could have killed her without the gun, but it wouldn't have been as easy. That's a fact jack.
markroxny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women