Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47729
pyramider46370
bambino40433
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #16
caveman23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Nuglet, I like your idea.
caveman23 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #17
Baloney Pony
Valued Poster

Location: Undisclosed Location...where The Hobby is curiously absent
Encounters: 2
Default Barter can be...difficult.

Howdy, Folks!

I do like the *idea* of barter. It looks great on paper.

So do Multi-Level Marketing and Communism.

Let's look at some scenarios:

1. Goods for services, i.e., a portable computer for two hours of a provider's time.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Computer is handed over, time is spent. Everyone's happy.

Then, an hour later...the computer crashes. Turns out it's got a dying hard drive, shorting power supply, and the logic board's a mess of patchwork repairs where bad contacts have been jumped. It's a lemon.

BUT...

The deal was a laptop computer for two hours, and that deal WAS honored by everyone.

Is this still a good barter setup?

2. Services for Services, i.e., Hobbyist replaces an alternator in a provider's car for 90 minutes of the provider's time.

Hobbyist pulls the alternator, takes it to Auto Parts Place, gets a replacement, puts it in, tests it out; all good.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Provider provides an hour's time; services are exchanged. A week later, the alternator fails. It's not the fault of the LABOR; the part itself has failed. Another alternator needs to be installed.

The deal was an alternator replacement job for an hour, and that deal WAS honored by everyone.

3. Goods for services, i.e., Hobbyist is going to trade an unlocked smart phone for an hour of a provider's time.

Hobbyist makes the appointment, is all set up, has his smart phone ready for the trade.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Hobbyist gets a call 3 days before the appointment from the provider; she is canceling the appointment(I think 72 hours is a reasonable amount of time to call to cancel - just wanting to say this is NOT the issue, here). Reason - 2 hours after getting off the phone with the Hobbyist, the provider found the same phone online on sale, and when the provider calculates her normal hourly rate compared to the sale price, realizes it behooves her to schedule a regular paying appointment instead, as she will then be able to afford the phone AND have a significant amount of money left over. The provider does allow the Hobbyist the right of first refusal for the time slot, if he wants to pay.

The deal was an unlocked smart phone for an hour, however that deal did NOT go through as originally agreed upon. Reasonable cancellation arrangements were made, the reasons were completely logical and understandable.

~~~~~~~~~

Like I said - I do like the idea of barter. However - it can be very challenging to make it work well for everyone.

Good luck to everyone in their bartering endeavors!
Baloney Pony is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #18
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Vs hobbiest books appt..leaves cash...has fun..leaves..provider goes shopping but leaves empty handed due to the money being fake
VictoriaLyn is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #19
Baloney Pony
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn View Post
Vs hobbiest books appt..leaves cash...has fun..leaves..provider goes shopping but leaves empty handed due to the money being fake
Ask for your cash in small bills, i.e., 5s and 10s.

Decent counterfeiters aren't going to spend much time making copies of Lincoln and Hamilton. The demand just isn't there.

This should reduce the chances of dirty paper significantly.

Also - you provided an hour of your *time* for X number of dollars. That's purely on the up and up; as the cash states, "This Note is Legal Tender For All Debts, Public and Private." This was a private debt; you were paid for that debt. You accepted this cash in good faith - nothing wrong with what you've done as far as that's concerned.

The Hobbyist passed counterfeit money to you; that's a federal offense.

You've done your screening, so you know all about this fellow - call the police and report him. Put the money into a ziplock bag, and let them dust it for fingerprints; his will be on all the bills.

Case closed.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #20
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Pony.. Are you a professional wet blanket, or is this just part time gig?.. Just kiddin, honest.
I believe, sure, there'll be some transactions that don't end up as desired, but it would tend to be a very self correcting setup, since everyone is taking a bit of a chance. It wouldn't take long for the word to get around, JUST LIKE IT DOES NOW no? Some folks will screw up just by their general nature, others will actually get, or give, more than they had planned on, (in a good way). Just like when I pay with non counterfeit money for a new tv, and a week later I don't like it, or it stops working and I have no warranty. There's always going to be good and bad... whether it's barter or cash. (come to think of it, cash is bartering too) Unless of course you pay in gold. And then, fake gold will enter the scene. ah damnit.@!
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #21
Baloney Pony
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
Pony.. Are you a professional wet blanket, or is this just part time gig?.. Just kiddin, honest.
Howdy, Folks!

Nope - I'm just a realist; money talks, and bullshit walks.

I think one of the(and let's face it - there are MANY) reasons we Hobby is to reduce...COMPLICATIONS.

One must admit - bringing in a barter system does tend to introduce complications.

If the folks involved are okay with the complications, then fine.

Hey - I like to get tchotchkes off of Craigslist and eBay. It's fun, and I can save a significant amount of money(example, I got an Apple PowerBook valued at about $500 on eBay recently for $20. It was dead, and I wanted it for spare parts. Turns out, it needed a $10 part. So, I got a $500 computer for $30. Me likey).

However, some folks like simple transactions.

"My time is X $ per hour" is about as simple as it gets.

No bullshit. Just plain, straight, easy transaction.

Works for me...

[Hehehe - any ladies need an Apple PowerBook? I think we can work a deal... ]
Old 01-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #22
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

yeppers. aw c'mon, that's the easy way...
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #23
Guest061511-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 6596
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't normally barter, but if it is something valuable I really need or want then I am open to to the idea. Currently looking for a smart phone. Frequent flier miles couldn't hurt either!
Guest061511-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
missi hart
transgirl provider

User ID: 3227
My Bio Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritneyBangs View Post
I don't normally barter, but if it is something valuable I really need or want then I am open to to the idea. Currently looking for a smart phone. Frequent flier miles couldn't hurt either!
darn. my phone flunked out of high school, so it probably isn't smart enough. i knew i should have pushed it harder.
missi hart is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #25
guest021911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Baloney Pony has some legit concerns but I still like Nuglet's suggestion of having a bartering forum. It could be a "win-win" for both parties AND free up some closet space for the guys. Yes there are risks but hell,so is this business and driving down I35.
guest021911 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #26
Klepton
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by missi hart View Post
darn. my phone flunked out of high school, so it probably isn't smart enough. i knew i should have pushed it harder.
ROFLMAO!!!
Klepton is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #27
Sexy Roxanne
Account Disabled

User ID: 4139
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyOrr View Post
A few times??????? Like my number of question marks. General rule of thumb. Usually the faties who post a lot will barter for Walmart gift cards. Classyyyy!
Really??? How classy do you sound??? Because I don't really know to many "faties" or "skinnies" that will barter for a wal-mart gift card. I think most of us ladies, fat or not will barter for something of value.

Some guys due to thier situation with S/O would rather barter than pay cash, since it covers thier tracks easier.
Sexy Roxanne is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #28
Guest061511-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 6596
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepton View Post
ROFLMAO!!!

Missi is effn' hilarious; That gurl looks damn good in hose too!
Guest061511-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #29
Toya Titties
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5752
My ECCIE Reviews

I am looking for a mechanic! Anyone know squat about Infinitis?
Toya Titties is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #30
nawtybone
Account Disabled

A barter forum would be great. Sexy Roxanne and Traci can both verify that im come through with bartering new products. Well if any of you providers need electronics, please send me a message.
nawtybone is offline   Quote