Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160718
Yssup Rider60059
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47629
pyramider46370
bambino40346
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35459
Mojojo33117

Old 11-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

When it comes to phones, BLACKBerries have it knocked.. once the phone is locked you have X number of tries to unlock it else it resets....
once you reset it it will download the data again.. the cops would then have to get a court order to your service provider,

PC's bit more tricky.... my cousin clued me into running a virtual machine on my laptop (virtualbox) and use it to browser etc...

here is the good deal.. the VM file can be deleted off your hard drive, but its a VM, and only able to be opened under Virtual box...

you delete the virtual machine file, un-install Virtual box... if they find the deleted file they will have to install software to read it, and the VM can have a password... which is in IT.

technical I know.. but if you make it harder for them to get to the data, you can claim they could not easily get to it thus had to modify or "tweak" the machine, which makes them look more like the planted it..

It also makes you look like you have something to hide since you took all those steps.

I am looking into cloud options since something like Amazon or Google cloud services only need a connector and that can be run on anything.

cloud data is harder to subpoena to
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #17
Alpha_Male
Premium Access

Encounters: 109

Jframe gives good advice. I loose my burn phones all the time and am getting new ones frequently. However, if I can keep one I like knowing my number and will likely not replace it on purpose. None the less, Jframe is probably right about replacing them.

Be aware despite all of this that your civilian phone can place you all sorts of places, as can your toll tag on your vehicle. There are security cams in a lot of places (almost all motels) too.

The cash that you need for this hobby is another vulnerable area. Repeated ATM visits in strange areas is just waiting for discovery by somebody.

You can't avoid all of this, but where you can: email, hobby phones, hotel rooms, maintain security.

If you ever have a provider visit you in a hotel room in your name (say out of town on business) a link can be discovered to your real identity. I am not 100% safe on this. However, I always have the girl get the room at a no-tel. If she won't then I find someone else to nail.

It also makes sense to use a fake hobby name.

Be careful out there.
Alpha_Male is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #18
Sensei
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit13 View Post
When it comes to phones, BLACKBerries have it knocked.. once the phone is locked you have X number of tries to unlock it else it resets....
once you reset it it will download the data again.. the cops would then have to get a court order to your service provider,

PC's bit more tricky.... my cousin clued me into running a virtual machine on my laptop (virtualbox) and use it to browser etc...

here is the good deal.. the VM file can be deleted off your hard drive, but its a VM, and only able to be opened under Virtual box...

you delete the virtual machine file, un-install Virtual box... if they find the deleted file they will have to install software to read it, and the VM can have a password... which is in IT.

technical I know.. but if you make it harder for them to get to the data, you can claim they could not easily get to it thus had to modify or "tweak" the machine, which makes them look more like the planted it..

It also makes you look like you have something to hide since you took all those steps.

I am looking into cloud options since something like Amazon or Google cloud services only need a connector and that can be run on anything.

cloud data is harder to subpoena to
Good advice for PC use, there are actually operating systems you can run off a thumb drive that does not save any data to your pc. And thumb drives can be secured or quickly damaged beyond repair. I have only needed this overseas but I guess if really concerned I could use it here as well.
Sensei is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
Typhon100
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Sensei, This is is in the exact type of information I was looking for from the ECCIE board and many senior members Thanks very much. I apologize for being a bit abrupt, and I took your statements out of context! Im the future: I will read your comments three times before I respond.

Jframe from your advice; you are the sage and most especially from your guidelines. All extremely good points and that as one hobbyist stated this matter; is still up in the air and coming to the Supreme Court. A throw away phone is an excellent idea. I was more concerned if a throw-away phone was confiscated upon arrest. Now the client had the evidence "goods in his hands" at the time or arrest. by LE. It seems that a throw-away phone does a person little good unless it is untraceable, or discarded/destroyed at time of arrest. Like LE would deliberately turn their eyes away at any evidence even attempted to be discarded at the scene.

Just further thoughts, and I fully agree with you! A carrier would give up a person in an instant. The saying of the needs of the many exceed the needs of the few! come to mind immediately.

I assure all; posters that I'm not just being paranoid. These issues are are well within sight in the very near future! Ergo; the Supreme Court! The recent events of LE in Texas have me going back reading what many other brothers have posted, reviewing my own security details, looking for any loopholes for both the provider and client. Many times; I play the the Devil's Advocate, sound very questions against the combined knowledge on this board. There is little doubt in my mind, that ECCIE has LE on it right now, and I'm not trying to start a panic. Who really cares, if they are or aren't, if your security is up to snuff? This is a loophole I have perceived, and has not been addressed before. I think in three scenarios in everyday life; 1) Best case 2) Middle case and finally (3 Worst Case; and this does include day-to-day decisions that I make in my own workplace, or everyday life.

In our particular situation and on these boards, (and we already know why we are here in the first place!); a hobbyist is no different and better be prepared for all three scenarios! I'm personally taking a future-thinking and/or taking a proactive versus reactive stance! Sad that many employers and our government don't think the same way. If a member is happy with the Status Quo; my sincere best wishes to them. This is their life, and live by their own personal decisions. I want the tables to be turned in my favor! I accomplish this with knowledge, logic, many other peoples personal experiences, and finally being able to ask questions when I don't know. Even though I might look or be perceived as F _ _ktard!

To all other posters;

I do apologize in being brief! I will respond in one or two days! Unfortunately! I brought my damned job to home again!

I wonder if I can hire a provider, with skills to not F _ _ k me! I was just wondering if I can hire a provider to help me with my paperwork! This ought to give Texas ISO a new uncommon twist, and brand new meaning to providing!
Typhon100 is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #20
Sensei
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon100 View Post
Sensei, This is is in the exact type of information I was looking for from the ECCIE board and many senior members Thanks very much. I apologize for being a bit abrupt, and I took your statements out of context! Im the future: I will read your comments three times before I respond.
No harm no foul, hope you find something you are comfortable with.
Sensei is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women