Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70486
biomed161081
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453050
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47791
pyramider46370
bambino40453
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Where do you stand on the IRS scandal?
What scandal? I am too busy watching Game of Thrones to watch the news. 1 2.44%
This scandal is an assault on the American people. Everyone found guilty should go to prison. 26 63.41%
This is a serious scandal and requires that someone in charge be punished. 5 12.20%
A typical DC scandal which will be resolved when some low ranking asses get canned. 2 4.88%
Not much of a scandal. The Tea Party is unAmerican for opposing our first black president. 2 4.88%
This is a phony scandal cooked up the GOP to take down a sitting democratic president. 4 9.76%
I don't know what to think about this. I haven't gotten my email response yet. 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #16
RedLeg505
Oral Aficionado

Encounters: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Yep. Just look at the House of Representatives.
Are you trying to claim the Democrats in the Senate don't vote in lockstep with what Harry Reid tells them?
RedLeg505 is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Who was on the receiving end of those emails? Did their hard drives crash, too?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #18
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Who was on the receiving end of those emails? Did their hard drives crash, too?
What government official actually has their emails stored on the hard drive of THEIR networked office computer? If that were the case, Petraeus' affair wouldn't have been revealed.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 AM   #19
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeg505 View Post
Are you trying to claim the Democrats in the Senate don't vote in lockstep with what Harry Reid tells them?
Read what I said redleg. That is precisely what I said.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #20
papadee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Why is it a scandal to make sure the 501's were legitimate? Do you know how many Tea Party 501's there were before President Obama's election? The number grew to over 700 by 2010. It's the IRS job to make sure they were all legit.

After 9/11, the IRS, along with the FBI, CIA, etc investigated Islamic non-profits to check connection/funding of terrorist groups. After natural disasters like Katrina, there's always an increase of bogus "non-profit charities". The same goes for "war veterans" bogus charities. So yes, I think the IRS was just doing its job in investigating the legitimacy of these groups after the dramatic increase in their numbers
papadee is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #21
lustylad
BANNED

Default Will Someone Tell the IRS What "Foliation of Evidence" Means? Duh!

Watch the creepily robotic IRS Commissioner John Koskinen (a former Dem fund-raiser) get his ass handed to him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXHfZ_qgzHA
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #22
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadee View Post
Why is it a scandal to make sure the 501's were legitimate? Do you know how many Tea Party 501's there were before President Obama's election? The number grew to over 700 by 2010. It's the IRS job to make sure they were all legit.

After 9/11, the IRS, along with the FBI, CIA, etc investigated Islamic non-profits to check connection/funding of terrorist groups. After natural disasters like Katrina, there's always an increase of bogus "non-profit charities". The same goes for "war veterans" bogus charities. So yes, I think the IRS was just doing its job in investigating the legitimacy of these groups after the dramatic increase in their numbers
The IRS failed to remain apolitical, papadee. Its illegitimate, partisan scrutiny of groups it perceived to be "conservative" was more universal and protracted than any scrutiny it gave to other groups.

BTW, papadee, do you or can you sign into your office (or personal) email account from both your place of business and your home using two different computers (or other device(s))?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #23
papadee
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The IRS failed to remain apolitical, papadee. Its illegitimate, partisan scrutiny of groups it perceived to be "conservative" was more universal and protracted than any scrutiny it gave to other groups....
So the IRS's scrutiny of Islamic groups after 9/11 wasn't legitimate, it was religious partisanship?

The scrutiny was "universal & protracted" because most, if not all of the groups sprung up literally overnight. Find out how many TP groups there were before 2009 & compare that to today. If that type of exponential growth shouldn't raise a flag to possible fraud or misuse of 501c4 status, and therefore more scrutiny, then the IRS weren't doing their job.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #24
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadee View Post
So the IRS's scrutiny of Islamic groups after 9/11 wasn't legitimate, it was religious partisanship?

The scrutiny was "universal & protracted" because most, if not all of the groups sprung up literally overnight. Find out how many TP groups there were before 2009 & compare that to today. If that type of exponential growth shouldn't raise a flag to possible fraud or misuse of 501c4 status, and therefore more scrutiny, then the IRS weren't doing their job.
First off, papadee, you significantly didn't answer -- or even acknowledge -- the question: "Do you or can you sign into your office (or personal) email account from both your place of business and your home using two different computers (or other device(s))?"

Second point, papadee, if these organizations were so obviously 'illegitimate', why is it that their applications weren't examined and denied out of hand? Why is it these applications were put into the bureaucratic mill and passed around for two or three years while liberal organizations were cleared in just a few months, papadee? That doesn't sound like 'efficiency', papadee. That sounds like deceitful obfuscation and purposeful procrastination, papadee. Also, why is it the IRS didn't demand the same documentation from liberal organizations that it did those it perceived to be conservative, papadee? Isn't that unequal treatment before the law, papadee? Isn't unequal treatment before the law in fact "illegal", papadee?

Will you now answer the question or continue, by your silence, to recognize that the IRS' excuse that "her computer broke" is bogus BS from the IRS and the Odumbo administration which are engaged in a cover-up to hide their illegal activities, papadee?
Old 06-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #25
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

What...no "it is a racist conspiracy to discredit the 1st black president" option ????????????
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #26
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
First off, papadee, you significantly didn't answer -- or even acknowledge -- the question: "Do you or can you sign into your office (or personal) email account from both your place of business and your home using two different computers (or other device(s))?"

Second point, papadee, if these organizations were so obviously 'illegitimate', why is it that their applications weren't examined and denied out of hand? Why is it these applications were put into the bureaucratic mill and passed around for two or three years while liberal organizations were cleared in just a few months, papadee? That doesn't sound like 'efficiency', papadee. That sounds like deceitful obfuscation and purposeful procrastination, papadee. Also, why is it the IRS didn't demand the same documentation from liberal organizations that it did those it perceived to be conservative, papadee? Isn't that unequal treatment before the law, papadee? Isn't unequal treatment before the law in fact "illegal", papadee?

Will you now answer the question or continue, by your silence, to recognize that the IRS' excuse that "her computer broke" is bogus BS from the IRS and the Odumbo administration which are engaged in a cover-up to hide their illegal activities, papadee?

Rude, argumentative, uninformed and brusque. How many times do you have to use someone's handle in a post (you said "papadee" eight fucking times in that post) before you start acting condescending (which coming from you is fucking hilarious)?

No wonder you're such a frustrated little closet queen!

Old 06-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #27
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Here's another point, papadee -

If the problem was too many tea party groups applying all at once, the IRS should have assigned more staff to the problem. Don't give us some bullshit story about how the IRS needed to stop potential fraud or abuse. Just apply the SAME STANDARDS to new applications as you did BEFORE the tea parties came flooding in. They either qualify or they don't. Either way, they deserve a timely response, not a deliberate drip drip drip request for more info more info more info dragging on for 3 years until the next election is over and the damage is done because all the potential donors and volunteers gave up and moved on...

P.S. You're not really naive enough to believe there was no targeting, are you?

Old 06-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #28
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

The only place where they fly the gay stars and bars is outside the Enfield drugstore in Clarksville TX so assup doesn't get lost trying to find it.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:54 PM   #29
papadee
Valued Poster

Quote:

1st point - I ignored that question because it doesn't pertain to the issue of why the IRS targeted these groups. I didn't comment on this subject to talk about the "cover-up/scandal". I just wanted to give my opinion on why these groups were "targeted".

2nd Point - I never said they were illegitimate. I said because there was an increase in applications, they were singled out to make sure they were legitimate. Guess what? Most of them were. Just because the approval was delayed, doesn't mean conspiracy. And actually some of the first TP applicants were cleared in a few months. But when the IRS saw the applications snowballing, yes, they put them on a slower track for a more thorough look.

3rd Point - Government efficient? You & I both know that's not happening. So why bring it up?

4th Point - Is unequal treatment before the law illegal? Honestly, I don't know. But I do know that people have been treated unequally under the law for over 200 years here and it hasn't stopped yet. Laws have been passed to treat people unequally, Presidents have signed the laws, and the SC has upheld those laws, so having one more example of unfair treatment is just, well, one more example. Does it hurt more because a cause you care about was affected by unfair treatment?

And no, I will not answer your question about the email.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #30
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
The only place where they fly the gay stars and bars is outside the Enfield drugstore in Clarksville TX so assup doesn't get lost trying to find it.
Brilliant, IBJunior! You're a maniac on the floor...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women