Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161122
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40460
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #16
scorpioseventy7
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
Yeah it was great meeting you also Scorpio.

But I would also say that Barry Sanders was the greatest "PURE" running back of all time. His offensive line was crap. He never had a descent wide receiver or quarterback.

Some say "Jim Brown" was the greatest, including Barry Sander's own father.

My favorite to watch however was...

It was a pleasure meeting you as well DM, we definitely have to hang out again soon my man. As far as the G.O.A.T. runningback, I have to agree with you that it was Walter "Sweetness" Payton. R.I.P.
scorpioseventy7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #17
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
You're delusional. What made Emmit Smith so good is he ran behind the greatest offensive line in the history of the NFL. If you don't believe me, google "greatest offensive line in the history of the NFL." Everybody's list has the early to mid 90's Cowboy line in the top, uh, one. OK, most have them listed as #1, everyone has them in the top 5.

What was one of the Cowboy's big need area this past season? Offensive line. Is a young version of Erik Williams, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Larry Allen, etc available? Draft them. But Jerry won't because he's fallen in love with the "Triplet" philosophy.

On the other hand, a thread similar to your came up after the 2010 regular season and I suggested the Texans get Nnamdi Asomugha also. So you aren't totally delusional.

By the way, I was born and raised in Oak Cliff.
He also ran behind a line that once went 1-15. Oh, wait. It was the same OL. Interesting.

Geez, Emmitt haters. Get a new argument.

I won't quote post #4 (too long) but it was killer. Everywhere he's played he's a great rusher, so this nonsensical argument about the 'greatest OL ever' doesn't fly. I get so tired of hearing and reading it.
Randall Creed is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #18
Bluntman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

for me its the Miami Dolphins. I am not sure who I want them to draft. They need a good QB and I just hope they dont get Ryan Mallett since all I have heard is negative when people talk about his mental attributes and I dont want Ryan Leaf 2.0 on my team. I wouldnt mind Ingram on the Fins

I am just really bored with the complete lack of any offense my team has had recently.

and if the strike continues and we arent playing in Sept I will just watch college football. Hook'em Horns
Bluntman is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #19
scorpioseventy7
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntman View Post
and if the strike continues and we arent playing in Sept I will just watch college football. Hook'em Horns
Go Horns!!
scorpioseventy7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #20
gman44

Encounters: 203

IMO the cowboys just need to keep Romo healthy
gman44 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #21
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambro Creed View Post
He also ran behind a line that once went 1-15. Oh, wait. It was the same OL. Interesting.

I won't quote post #4 (too long) but it was killer. Everywhere he's played he's a great rusher, so this nonsensical argument about the 'greatest OL ever' doesn't fly. I get so tired of hearing and reading it.
Playa, get your facts straight. The line that went 1-15 was in 1989 didn't have Erik Williams and Mark Stepnoski starting. Daryl Johnston was just a rookie. Larry Allen didn't come along until 1994.

Emmit had a very good High School and College career. So did many, many other running backs that failed in the NFL. Why is Emmit different? He had the greatest line in history of football. He ran thru huge holes. He didn't have take the punishment and it showed by having a long career. When he went to the Cardinals with their crappy OL, admittedly at the end of his career, he was mediocre runner.

I think the original poster needs to go back and re-read his original post and my response as well as Jusadude's. The OP asked what player their favorite team needs to pick up. Obviously the OL of the Cowboys is a problem. Why not pick up OL help? How is using a number one pick on a RB going to help when there are no holes? Isn't Fred Jones a first round pick?

This is Jerry Jones' Triplet Philosophy that will doom the Cowboys to never be a contender again. Unfortunately too many Dallas Fans have bought into it. You've got Miles Austin and Jason Witten, why spend big bucks to get Roy Williams and use a 2nd round pick on Marcellus Bennett? Because Jerry thinks he has to a have a big name superstar at each skill position. You have 3 serviceable RBs in Barber, Jones and Choice. Spend another 1st round pick on another RB? Why when your O-line needs upgrading?

This is why Bellicik and the Patriot organization is always going to be near the top. They aren't overvaluing a single player except for Brady and are willing to eject a star player when they become a financial liability or their best days are behind them. Jerry falls in love with certain players and signs them to long term deals that drains the salary cap and hurts the teams performance. Also, his star QB is a pretty boy choke artist.

Don't get me wrong, of all three HOF triplets, Emmitt is the most deserving. However, none would be there without that line.

Look at the size of that hole! Must have been a trick play.

Erik Williams, pro bowler 1993, 1996, 1997 and 1999
Mark Stepnoski, pro bowler 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
Nate Newton pro bowler 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
Mark Tunei Pro Bowler 1994, 1995
Larry Allen Pro Bowler 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998. 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003,2004, 2005, 2006
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #22
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

Quote:

Ok, Like mentioned before...... you're facts are wrong there, but before the Emmitt lovers fall all over themselves because we are not all ready to drop to our knees and suck him off as the greatest of all times...... Let me interject some realness on you all from a guy who probably could not be a bigger Emmitt hater (guy was a complete ass to me the 2 times I met him, and I am an avid Cowboy hater to boot)...... but here is the truth of it........

Emmitt was a GREAT back! No denying it. To find a guy who was just fucking solid across the board as he was is hard to find (Running, catching the ball out of the backfield and one of the best blockers ever from a superstar position) and the fact that he had a Gehrig type career of fucking lacing them up and tottin the rock 25+ times a game says he was a tough fucker...... That being said, if you gave me a choice of picking who is the best ever, he's not on top..... He MIGHT make top 10....... That's not a knock..... its just the truth.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
But I would also say that Barry Sanders was the greatest "PURE" running back of all time. His offensive line was crap. He never had a descent wide receiver or quarterback.

Some say "Jim Brown" was the greatest, including Barry Sander's own father.
Barry was just so fun to watch, and the fact that he was just a little fucker was fun too...... Hard to say if his style would have translated in what Smith did w/the 90's Cowboys, but it woulda been fun to see in fantasy land! .........but Jim Brown is IMHO the best football player in NFL history..... Not just the best RB...... the phrase "Man Amungst Boys" comes to mind........ Check the guys numbers when they only played 14 games a season, and its just sick! Guy played 9 seasons and rushed for over 1200 yds when EVERYONE in the stadium knew he was getting the ball and still dropped over 5yds a carry for his career!

There will be football this year...... even if the owners can drag it out to the last preseason game..... there is 9 Billion dollars out there that nobody can cash if they don't...... fuckers are greedy, but not so greedy as to let that chunk of change go bye without cashing the check......... but it will make for a very interesting draft and free agency........ teams will have no choice but show their hand after the draft in regards to free agency.......

JaD
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #23
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone2u View Post
The cigar was fantastic btw
Don't forget the name Avo #2 or #3. I think you had a #3 which is a little "stronger"??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CI-AVO-2N-400.jpg (15.3 KB, 116 views)
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #24
Satin
Valued Poster

JAD, man you're the smartest dude ever...lol

....as soon as my Lakers win the title again, I can't wait for football!!!
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #25
carkido45
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Hate CowBoys
carkido45 is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #26
DickEmDown
Trick

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
What made Emmit Smith so good is he ran behind the greatest offensive line in the history of the NFL.
SS7, you cool and all bro but I'm gonna have to agree with gnadfly on this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude View Post

Being I am a Houstonian AND A STEELER FAN, my dislike for the Cowboys is great, so seeing them make moves like that makes me happy and I look forward to them shitting the bed this draft season too........

Nnamdi is most likely going to Green Bay to be with his friend/mentor Charles Woodson (who they plan to move to saftey when he does) and I would be SHOCKED if he went elsewhere........
Fixed that first one for ya JaD...

JaD..if the Pack get Nnamdi I will be C'mon man, isn't beating us in the SB enough!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioseventy7 View Post
Go Cowboys, ya dig?
No...I don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Foster View Post
Any fan of the Cowboys...is a friend of mine
WTF!!!! You just made my DNS list honey, unless you wear that Dez Bryant jersey and let me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
Damn tbone...some of us would die without football.

Bbkid....I see you feel the same way about football that I feel about baseball..lol. The only sport I could care less about ...

DM, I feel exactly the same way you do on the whole running back deal. Good post bro...."Sweetness" was the man....
As usual I agree with everything the Strip club King said

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkido45 View Post
Hate CowBoys
Nuff said CK45 and loving the pic
th_steelers.jpg
DickEmDown is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #27
Guest062124
Account Disabled

User ID: 34
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickEmDown View Post
WTF!!!! You just made my DNS list honey, unless you wear that Dez Bryant jersey and let me....
Let you.....you know I let you do WHATEVER.

I have Dez and a Bradie James jersey, take your pick. Or perhaps my Romo jersey....so maybe some of your ...umm what's the word... will rub off on him.

Don't be a hater. I can love my Cowboys and still give it to you the way you want You might even be able to convince me to be a Steelers fan, if you hit it right.
Guest062124 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:35 AM   #28
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Dude, Emmitt in AZ had 900 yards while SHARING A BACKFIELD, not to mention being 36 years old (ancient for a RB). Imagine if he was 28. Some RBs just know how to run better than others, just as some QBs are better than others. So on and so forth.

On the rare occasions Emmitt missed a game in Dallas NO ONE ELSE had any great rushing stats in his absence. Apparently ONLY Emmitt could run behind it. What does that tell you.

If he had it so easy, running supposedly untouched through these gargantuan holes, why was his body so beat up at the end? Why didn't he avg something crazy like 8 yards a carry?

I'm not in the mood to even hear this bullshit anymore.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #29
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Dude, Emmitt in AZ had 900 yards while SHARING A BACKFIELD, not to mention being 36 years old (ancient for a RB). Imagine if he was 28. Some RBs just know how to run better than others, just as some QBs are better than others. So on and so forth.

On the rare occasions Emmitt missed a game in Dallas NO ONE ELSE had any great rushing stats in his absence. Apparently ONLY Emmitt could run behind it. What does that tell you.

If he had it so easy, running supposedly untouched through these gargantuan holes, why was his body so beat up at the end? Why didn't he avg something crazy like 8 yards a carry?

I'm not in the mood to even hear this bullshit anymore.
C'mon now! Lets not do this...... I hate it when those pesky FACTS get in the way....... but here we go....... check your history RC...... the reason NOBODY ran for great rushing stats in his absense is because he totted the rock 300-375 times a year..... but if you MUST know there were several years that Shermin Williams, Kevin Williams and Chris Warren all had as good and most time better yd per carry average...... Not that ANY of them were nearly as good of a back as Emmitt..... and while he was "sharing" the backfield in AZ the year he got 900 yds he had 250+ carries.... and the year before he ran for a HUGH 256 yds with a killer average of 2.8 yd per carry....... again... damn facts! Re-read what I posted above..... Emmitt was a great Running back on an all time great team..... If you want to tell me how valuable he was to that team, I will absolutely agree with you (see the year he held out), and he was beat to hell because he carried the ball 300 times a year, and at some point he was getting tackled by big dudes... Great RB But IMHO not the greatest of all time by a bit......

Let me know if you boys need any more knowledge dropped on you.......

DeD... Sad to say it, but GB is gonna get him..... I'm not excited about it either being a Vikes fan and all....... The LAST thing the league wants to see is that, and Woodson to be moved to safety...... think Rod Woodson at safety, but taller and faster...... Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Foster View Post
Let you.....you know I let you do WHATEVER.
Wow! How long did it take for your phone to ring after THAT one?!?

JaD
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #30
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Doesn't matter how much 'knowlegde' you drop, saying that he got what he got because of the OL he had, and that he wouldn't have done it behind a 'lesser' OL, and that other RBs would've gotten a bazillion yards behind that OL, is PURE SPECULATION. The reason all that is pure speculation because it CANNOT be proven. Just accept the fact that Emmitt is the greatest ever and call it a day.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women