Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47728
pyramider46370
bambino40433
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #16
jsparrow
Valued Poster

Agreed. In the beginning it's very egocentric. Not sure she's enjoying any of the "games" but she clearly likes pushing her own boundaries and experiencing verboten pleasures. It will be interesting to see if she becomes more outer directed as the memoir unfolds.
jsparrow is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #17
Meeshee
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13979

I am the founder of "Ellexir, The All Women's Wine & Cheese Book Club" with chapters in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa. The first Miami book club read, "Tickle His Pickle". You can imagine. There were even demos and prizes. Go! Miami chicks.

Ft. Lauderdale read ''The Art of Seduction" for their first book. A little different, but quite beguiling.

I really like the idea of an online bookclub. If you'd like to get it going, let me know. I'd be happy to participate!
Meeshee is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #18
ztonk

Encounters: 21

I'm reading it on my Kindle, so I'm not exactly sure what "page" I'm at, but I've just finished reading about her first session.

As a guy, I found her description as she was growing up of suddenly finding herself the object of every guy's attentions particularly poignant. It's sad and unfortunate that our culture has us guys objectifying women at such an early age.
ztonk is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #19
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshee View Post
I am the founder of "Ellexir, The All Women's Wine & Cheese Book Club" with chapters in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa. The first Miami book club read, "Tickle His Pickle". You can imagine. There were even demos and prizes. Go! Miami chicks.

Ft. Lauderdale read ''The Art of Seduction" for their first book. A little different, but quite beguiling.

I really like the idea of an online bookclub. If you'd like to get it going, let me know. I'd be happy to participate!
Hey Meeshee!

How are you doing? Glad to see you here! We would love to have an artist in residence and offering her opinion!

I've read "Tickle His Pickle" and what I find funny about the book is there are several things in there that are just wrong. But I don't exactly remember what those "things" were! I just remember discussing it with my working roomie and we went back and forth about the techniques listed. It would have been fun to see the reactions of the ladies reading it! Prizes! Cute!

With "The Art of Seduction", well I have it (in storage) but it's difficult reading. Having to decide what personality type a person is (if I remember the book correctly) and the ways to seduce was scholarly, heck it was a Penguin Press book, but it wasn't fluid reading and I never finished it. How did you like it?

What we're reading now is "Whip Smart" by Melisa Febos.

The discussion has barely started and it's our virgin voyage with regard to our online book club ... would love your input!!!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth

P.S. And of course, I still just love your photos!!!
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #20
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztonk View Post
I'm reading it on my Kindle, so I'm not exactly sure what "page" I'm at, but I've just finished reading about her first session.

As a guy, I found her description as she was growing up of suddenly finding herself the object of every guy's attentions particularly poignant. It's sad and unfortunate that our culture has us guys objectifying women at such an early age.
See, that part I really don't find poignant as much as arrogant. She sees herself being a sexual focus of men a source of power. Or perhaps I misread it.

I'm plodding along but I'm still not getting a good feeling for her. She's still stuck in completely being focused on her own pleasure from whatever source it presents itself with moments of self-reflection.

At this point of my reading, there is starting to have little breaks of the absolute reality of where she is and what she is doing. Still reading, though.

Wish I had more to contribute. One more thing, her sexuality IS interesting. I haven't quite figured out if she is truly bisexual or prefers women overall. Much is mentioned of her playing around with women but I'm not seeing much with regard to boyfriends. Some, though.

Anyone?

Elisabeth
Old 03-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #21
TaylorMaiden29
Account Disabled

User ID: 2703
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm so behind! But I'm hot on your heels and the book is in the mail!
TaylorMaiden29 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 AM   #22
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaiden29 View Post
I'm so behind! But I'm hot on your heels and the book is in the mail!
Yeah! That's great, Taylor! I'm so glad that this book club is shaping up so well. Now, I have to start reading again!

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Old 03-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #23
tramp76137
Valued Poster

EW...should any of this require recreation...I am available on fairly short notice!
tramp76137 is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 AM   #24
Guest061511-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 6596
My ECCIE Reviews

I am ordering Whip Smart tonight. What other books would you guys/gals recommend as must haves in regards to bdsm?
Guest061511-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:25 AM   #25
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritneyBangs View Post
I am ordering Whip Smart tonight. What other books would you guys/gals recommend as must haves in regards to bdsm?
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=20049

This is a start. Since this thread is over 30 days old, feel free to start another one. I did get "Venus in Furs" and it is fantastic!!!

Welcome to our book club!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Old 03-23-2010, 06:13 AM   #26
Meeshee
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13979

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritneyBangs View Post
I'm not sure if this book fits in the picture here, but The Story of O is an amazing book about dominance and S&M. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a classic. It was so controversial at the time that it was released that it was banned. You can get it online.

It's shockingly real and the detail is delicious. I highly recommend it.

I'm going to chime in on the next read. If Miss Sophie Bella or Elisabeth could keep me posted on the next read so I can buy the book in advance, that would be awesome.

Also, when the thread expires, how do I know where it picks up?
Meeshee is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #27
jsparrow
Valued Poster

Keep reading. She brings some new perspectives and insights after she gives up the drugs. The nature of it all is depressing, albeit understandable.....but maybe she'll bring us to an epiphany. Haven't finished the book yet.

Sophie Bella...where are your comments??? You started all this!!!
jsparrow is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #28
Miss Sophie Bella
Account Disabled

User ID: 6378

Sorry! I know, Jsparrow, I've been negligent. I put in a very hours-heavy week at the office finishing a project this week, but promise to catch up on my reading this weekend now that I have a bit of down time. I'll post my thoughts ASAP.

Have a wonderful Friday!
Miss Sophie Bella is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #29
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsparrow View Post
Keep reading. She brings some new perspectives and insights after she gives up the drugs. The nature of it all is depressing, albeit understandable.....but maybe she'll bring us to an epiphany. Haven't finished the book yet.

Sophie Bella...where are your comments??? You started all this!!!
I'm being rather negligent with finishing the book as well. One of the reasons why I believe the book is like wading through mud for me to finish, is I'm IN this business and so a lot of it is familiar. I would imagine if someone is reading it and they haven't had any experience with it, then the interest level would skyrocket.

Also, "technically" we're not allowed to discuss drugs or drug use on this board. BUT, her drug addiction is really a pivotal point of the story. So, I believe that we can bend that rule slightly so if there are points to be taken with her addictions and with the relevance to the book, and it's important to discuss, then let's go there.

Personally, I'm looking forward to getting past that to see if she has any moments of gut-wrenching clarity. My last paragraph that I read this weekend was she was taking her last shot of heroin. So it's my hope that the rest of the book starts opening up a bit more with regard to the personal changes in her life, etc.

Any more ideas or thoughts from the folks still reading?

Elisabeth
Old 03-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #30
ztonk

Encounters: 21

Things do pick up (for the better!) after the drugs are out of the picture. I'm liking her personality a bit more, too, but I'm still anxious to see how the story turns out.
ztonk is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women