Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 252
Top Posters
DallasRain70467
biomed160975
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453025
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47741
pyramider46370
bambino40443
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

So, let's get to your nitty gritty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
If I had just seven minutes with the POTUS, I certainly wouldn’t let him take up time stating incorrect facts. I may not have rolled my eyes at him, but I sure would have corrected his loss by a few points. Actually, his loss was less than any other Democrats since 1996, about 12 years. Democrats eat shit in TX, and based on previous performance, he did pretty well for a Democrat.

Why do I give a fuck where the shuttle goes? I’ll tell you why. It seems that Mr. Obama has a direct hatred for Texas. Well, BO stated that it was not his decision, but done by a "process" with a commission. What do you have to refute that. First, he shuts down deep water drilling and dramatically affected the economy in one of the only healthy economies in the world because of BP’s bad business practices. Yeah, well, before that happened, he was in the process of opening up more. Then came the spill. And it affected more than just Texas. And you can't seriously contend that any President, no matter his/her stripe, would stop production on the allegations of negligence that were floating around at that time. Secondly, the Continental / United “merger” has been trying to go through for years. Suddenly, we have an alleged Chicagoan come in to office and BAM more jobs lost here and moved to his home base. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you will) but Continental/United is now by far the largest airline in the world. I think the jobs decision is made by corporate leadership. Thirdly, the price of gas is based off of speculation. Exxon doesn’t by gas futures; they by on the open market at spot. We shouldn’t be speculating on something as vital to national security as fuel. And the price of gas is unique to Texas? Is that how he hates Texas? What I pay at the pump is based largely on what events are going on in the world (such as Japan & Middle East). And I'm sure BO soooo hates TX that he spends all his waking moments trying to find ways to tweak its nose.

charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #17
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

A: So what that he did better than previous losers, he lost by double digits and he tried to spin it. He better get used to the "new" press. They aren't going to give him a bye this time around. Now that he actually has a record, he’s going to get ripped.

B: Yes, but you see Charles, I don’t believe him about the space shuttle.

C: The merger has always been cut off at the knees by the feds. If it is the largest, I don’t care. Houston’s loosing the headquarters and jobs. Yeah, great for Chicago!!

D: No, gas prices are driven by speculators. They drive up the price sometimes with regard to world events but not always. You brought up gas prices not me.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #18
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
D: No, gas prices are driven by speculators. They drive up the price sometimes with regard to world events but not always. You brought up gas prices not me.
Can you pls show me where???? I thought you brought it up..
Old 04-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
D: No, gas prices are driven by speculators.
Long-term you are both wrong -- its supply and demand. Speculators and world events only impact price in the short-term.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #20
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Uhhh, if you only have seven minutes, are you seriously going to get into personality issues when the US is faced with such huge problems? And really, when you're trying to eke out a living in these days, and gas is headed to $4/gal, do you really give a fuck about where retired old mothballed space shuttles go?

Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Long-term you are both wrong -- its supply and demand. Speculators and world events only impact price in the short-term.
Yes, I agree it is supply and demand. I wasn’t clear what I was addressing. I was speaking to Charles rant about gas prices headed to $4 / gallon. A spike that high, even in summer is artificially driven by speculators. Ordinary demand of summer will drive price, but not to inflate it from around $3.29 (What I was paying for premium.) to the big spike we are seeing now and will see during summer.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #21
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
I’ll tell you why. It seems that Mr. Obama has a direct hatred for Texas [maybe all of the Gulf States]. First, he shuts down deep water drilling and dramatically affected the economy in one of the only healthy economies in the world because of BP’s bad business practices.

+1
Governor of Mississippi Haley Babour (R) possible presidential candidate; Governor of Louisiana Governor Bobbie Jindal (R) possible presidential candidate; Governor of Texas Rick Perry (R); and Governors of Florida Charlie Crist (R) and Rick Scott (R). Makes you wonder why only ten permits have been issued since April 2010; yet, the U.S. has loaned billions to Brazil, Colombia and Mexico to drill and refine oil. These policies certainly haven’t helped employment in the Gulf States.

I inadvertently omitted Alabama’s two Republican governors: Governors Bob Riley and Robert J. Bentley.

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #22
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
If it were up to me, we'd change the Constitution to make the US a true democracy instead of merely a republic.
So much for individual rights. A "true democracy" is considered to be one of the most tyrannical forms of government. I'm not sure even most of the Libs would support you on that one. The first "true democracy" election might be to kick you to the curb.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #23
Chainsaw Anthropologist
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Can you pls show me where???? I thought you brought it up..
These are selected columns from Business Week. Select any or all you see that include oil, gasoline or prices for your reading edification. If that isn't sufficient irritation, look at the ones mentioning ethanol.

http://www.insideautomotive.com/bizweek-columns.htm
Chainsaw Anthropologist is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #24
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
If it were up to me, we'd change the Constitution to make the US a true democracy instead of merely a republic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
So much for individual rights. A "true democracy" is considered to be one of the most tyrannical forms of government. I'm not sure even most of the Libs would support you on that one. The first "true democracy" election might be to kick you to the curb.
Maybe we should demonstrate that principle here. We could have a poll and vote Chuckie off the island.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #25
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist View Post
If that isn't sufficient irritation,
Sufficient irritation is looking at the corner gas station.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #26
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Sufficient irritation is looking at the corner gas station.
I think he wants it for free...Big Surprise.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #27
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Speaking of Gov. Secession-Boy.....

"Potential Presidential Candidate" Rick Perry has asked for all but two counties of Texas to be declared a federal disaster area due to the recent and ongiong fires. Instead of taking this opportunity to "walk-the-walk" about how independent and self-reliant Texas is, he weenies out and goes running for federal dollars instead of fanning secessionist flames...(must be the cheerleading training)...LOL. I suppose that he hasn't made enough money from his dippy little book to pitch those dollars in towards covering the overtime and other expenses incurred in fighting the fires. This is typical of the usual list of right-wing macho men (ever so much present here in Lone Star Land as well as this forum) of which Gov. Haircut fancies himself to be among the leaders. Hope he doesn't blow his face off talkikng out of both sides of his mouth.

I point this out not because I am opposed to federal disaster relief for counties that actually have been hurt by the fires (I'm for it - "Big Government" does this well) but merely to point out how full of prunes Perry and many of you others who run around spouting similar horseradish - fact is, none can really hack it when the going gets real and very tough (not to mention expensive). I would expect more from the "pay-as-you-go / pull your own weight" crowd. However, they are probably busy trying to figure out how they can tax the elderly and poor to cover these unexpected costs. Don't laugh too loudly about that idea, I can't wait to hear what things will have to be cut to cover these expenses.

Aaaaannnnnddddd, with regards to the infamous shuttle tempest -- to borrow and ever so slightly modify a line from Ray Wylie Hubbard -- "f*ck you, you're from Texas" -- LOLOLOL. Guess Brother Perry maybe shouldn't have acted like the arsewhole he evidently is the last time the Prez came to Texas. Looks like the short-term chicken-livered stunt he pulled is going to have some long-term ramifications. Do tell.....actions have consequences.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #28
davec.0121
Gaining Momentum

Obama doesn't hate Texas (and LA and MI and AL). However, he knows that he (and the Democrats) have absolutely no chance of carrying any of them in the next election. So, he knows that he can take all sorts of actions, such as those Olivia mentioned, that will play well with his base and with many independent voters without any fear of political repercussions. To use an example: the offshore drilling permits. It is common knowledge that BP cut corners, particularly operationally, in order to hold down costs but other operators are more responsible. Maybe a moratorium was in order, although not of the length it was in effect. But even after it was 'lifted', permits were very slow to be issued (months after the moratorium was ended). This demonstration of 'environmental awareness' plays very well with his base, particularly those opposed to all drilling, and also plays well in Florida. Since he has nothing to lose politically in the Gulf states, he didn't have to worry about the effects on peoples' lives and well-being, and the subsequent political consequences. It was the same with the airline merger: it creates more jobs, but in Chicago (a potential Democratic state), not Houston. The effect on Houston is inconsequential in the calculations, since there is no practical political loss. And with the shuttle locations: Houston has been more intimately involved with the program than any other city. However, New York and Los Angeles got them because there is potential political gain while there was no potential political loss in not sending one to Houston. It's not hatred of the Gulf states, including Texas, it's just political expediency and cynicism.
davec.0121 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #29
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec.0121 View Post
................. It's not hatred of the Gulf states, including Texas, it's just political expediency and cynicism.

And that scares me even more!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #30
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
C: The merger has always been cut off at the knees by the feds. If it is the largest, I don’t care. Houston’s loosing the headquarters and jobs. Yeah, great for Chicago!!
You elected a governor who talks about seceding from the union. Why should anyone give a shit what happens to Texas?

Boo hoo, Texas might lose some jobs, boo hoo hoo. I wonder how many jobs are currently in Texas.....that used to be in other states.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women