Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70486
biomed161095
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453050
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47791
pyramider46370
bambino40454
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #16
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Encounters: 116
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjaguar View Post
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but, I can assure you if he had an AR-15 single fire only, the carnage could have been just as bad...
You make some good points, (but man, add some paragraph breaks!)

We can keep the 2nd amendment alive without making it far too easy for mass murder. Other developed countries do a far far better job than we do. Even with the challenges in regards to enforcement, I hope you recognize that something different needs to be attempted and implemented now.
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:54 AM   #17
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

The heart of the issue is not inanimate objects.

The libs are going to go ape shit over this, but some HIPAA rights are going to have to be given up. Criminal background checks are no longer enough. Histories of mental illness treatment and psychotropic drug use must be taken into consideration before a purchase can be made.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:53 AM   #18
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjaguar View Post
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but, I can assure you if he had an AR-15 single fire only, the carnage could have been just as bad. I'd say the the same for a fully auto M-16. Why? The bump stock he used allows for a high cyclic rate of fire but very little accuracy. Same for a fully auto M-16.
I don't disagree on the accuracy part but when you are firing into a dense crowd of people you don't need accuracy. Whether or not a person with an AR-15 single fire only could have done the same amount of damage is debatable.

I am happy to see that many in congress seem to be seriously looking at some type of ban on the bump stock. The NRA SEEMS to be supporting a ban, although the wording of their statement is somewhat vague. I was surprised that many in congress, including Paul Ryan, were clueless as to what a bump stock was. Even I, who has never owned a gun, knew of it.

This is the first time in my life that I have supported a law that would restrict gun owner's rights. I do not like some of the gun laws on the books and some proposed ones, but I have accepted them. In this case, I see absolutely no reason why a bump stock should be available to citizens.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:56 AM   #19
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
The heart of the issue is not inanimate objects.

The libs are going to go ape shit over this, but some HIPAA rights are going to have to be given up. Criminal background checks are no longer enough. Histories of mental illness treatment and psychotropic drug use must be taken into consideration before a purchase can be made.

Well actually you wouldn't violate HIPAA if all you asked was that psychiatrists disclose patients they believe would endanger the public if they had access to guns. It's actually accepted practice with their "duty to protect". So if all a reasonable person is asking is that we add some extra protection for people deemed a possible treat to themselves or others by their psychiatrists, that's not too much.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:02 AM   #20
gfejunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
The NRA SEEMS to be supporting a ban, although the wording of their statement is somewhat vague.
You and dimretards like you can try to demonize the NRA all you want to, but you'll look like an idiot if you do. That jig is up and, if you'll forgive the pun, that dog won't hunt. Everybody knows that nobody does more to promote gun safety and protect law abiding citizens' rights to "keep and bear arms" for sport and self defense and for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals than the NRA. Certainly more than the ACLU, the NAACP, and renegade liberal judges like the ones they have in Chicago who ignore sentencing guidelines for those convicted of crimes committed with firearms.

The NRA does not promote mass shootings. To say they do is asinine.
I've seen the dimretards do it and they do look pretty stupid.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:28 AM   #21
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
You and dimretards like you can try to demonize the NRA all you want to, but you'll look like an idiot if you do. That jig is up and, if you'll forgive the pun, that dog won't hunt. Everybody knows that nobody does more to promote gun safety and protect law abiding citizens' rights to "keep and bear arms" for sport and self defense and for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals than the NRA. Certainly more than the ACLU, the NAACP, and renegade liberal judges like the ones they have in Chicago who ignore sentencing guidelines for crimes committed with firearms.

The NRA certainly does some good but in my OPINION they go overboard in some cases in "protecting" gun owner's rights. For instance, the NRA supports constitutional carry. I don't. All I was saying is that this is the FIRST time I remember the NRA supporting anything that in anyway would restrict gun owner's rights.

Of course the NRA does not promote mass shootings. But here is their chance to stand up and do something that might stop future mass shootings. If they support the ban of bump stocks I will applaud them.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:07 AM   #22
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
You and dimretards like you can try to demonize the NRA all you want to, but you'll look like an idiot if you do. That jig is up and, if you'll forgive the pun, that dog won't hunt. Everybody knows that nobody does more to promote gun safety and protect law abiding citizens' rights to "keep and bear arms" for sport and self defense and for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals than the NRA. Certainly more than the ACLU, the NAACP, and renegade liberal judges like the ones they have in Chicago who ignore sentencing guidelines for those convicted of crimes committed with firearms.

I've seen the dimretards do it and they do look pretty stupid.

My god do you bigot conservatives have anything to say other than Chicago. Some one says police brutality, and it's what about Chicago and black-on-black crime. Some one says mass murders and what about Chicago. Add that to the fact you had to throw the NAACP in there when talking about guns. You might want to watch out, you're showing where your true heart lies.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:16 AM   #23
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
The NRA certainly does some good but in my OPINION they go overboard in some cases in "protecting" gun owner's rights. For instance, the NRA supports constitutional carry. I don't. All I was saying is that this is the FIRST time I remember the NRA supporting anything that in anyway would restrict gun owner's rights.

Of course the NRA does not promote mass shootings. But here is their chance to stand up and do something that might stop future mass shootings. If they support the ban of bump stocks I will applaud them.
You should go back and listen to what has been said. They were lose with their words. There isn't talk of banning the bump stock, just regulating it. That's why people went out and bought them up recently. So sadly, in theory, someone who wants a repeat of what just happen could have gotten their hands on one already.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #24
Smpslt7
Premium Access

Encounters: 18

LOL GFE you need to get over yourself. Nobody will go apeshit over anything you have to say.
Smpslt7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #25
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

A case can be made that his access to guns may have lowered the casualty count and not increased it. Look at what happened in Barcelona. How many more people would have been killed if he had driven a semi tractor/trailer into that crowd? Look at what Tim McVeigh did in Oklahoma City. How many more people would have been killed if he had driven a truck full of fertilizer into the crowd and set it off?

We should be happy his "gun culture" led him to use mere bullets and not "weapons of mass destruction."
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #26
Treetop78759
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Stop blaming the fork for obesity.
Whispers and 10 other old fat white dudes won a class action lawsuit against Oneida.
Treetop78759 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #27
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
A case can be made that his access to guns may have lowered the casualty count and not increased it. Look at what happened in Barcelona. How many more people would have been killed if he had driven a semi tractor/trailer into that crowd? Look at what Tim McVeigh did in Oklahoma City. How many more people would have been killed if he had driven a truck full of fertilizer into the crowd and set it off?

We should be happy his "gun culture" led him to use mere bullets and not "weapons of mass destruction."

What crazy logic is that? A case could be made that had no one gotten to him, with the arsenal he had, he would have killed hundreds of people. I find it hilarious that you used quotations around gun culture and WMD but didn't use it around mere bullets. Since when has it ever been a mere bullet, tell you want, let me have a guy take a gun and shoot you with a "mere bullet" and you tell me how that feels if he doesn't shoot you in your stupid fucking face. The stupidity to say mere bullet when we are talking about people losing lives. Yeah people can use a car to hurt people. People can use a bomb. But here in this nation, and not in Barcelona, most mass murders are being carried out with guns. Sorry we are not all bulletproof like you, bullets are mere things to us.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #28
gfejunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
My god do you bigot conservatives have anything to say other than Chicago. Some one says police brutality, and it's what about Chicago and black-on-black crime. Some one says mass murders and what about Chicago. Add that to the fact you had to throw the NAACP in there when talking about guns. You might want to watch out, you're showing where your true heart lies.
Can't be helped. They're such shining examples of liberalism's destruction of society.
If black lives really matter then you would begin to care that many more thousands of blacks have died at the hands of other blacks than have died because of white cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
"weapons of mass destruction."
You mean like the kind the Russians make when a certain Secretary of State approves the sale of 25% of the US's weapons grade uranium to them? That put a target on all of our backs.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #29
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
You should go back and listen to what has been said. They were lose with their words. There isn't talk of banning the bump stock, just regulating it. That's why people went out and bought them up recently. So sadly, in theory, someone who wants a repeat of what just happen could have gotten their hands on one already.
I know EXACTLY what the NRA said which is why, in my first post, I said the NRA SEEMS to be supporting a ban. Just today they are saying they would not support a ban on the bump stocks. I doubt they supported the ban on the M-16 and AK-47 either. Yes, sadly, people went out and bought out the supplies of available bump stocks.

I still say I am very happy that politicians on BOTH sides are looking at the issue rather than just saying how sad they are that so many people were killed and wounded. We'll see what happens.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #30
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Can't be helped. They're such shining examples of liberalism's destruction of society.
If black lives really matter then you would begin to care that many more thousands of blacks have died at the hands of other blacks than have died because of white cops.

That's the thing a bigot like you wouldn't know. There are actually more rallies and marches to combat black-on-black crime than there are for police killings. You just wouldn't know because you don't know people in the communities that are fighting it and it's not shown on the news. Maybe educate yourself on things before speaking dumb ass. Black-on-black crime doesn't lessen the overwhelming percentage of Africans Americans killed by police officers. Two things can be a problem at the same time. So yeah we are in the communities trying to combat black-on-black crime, what are you doing to combat the needless killings of African Americans? Nothing right.

Also, more white people have died at the hands of white people since you kill people closest to you. But for some reason white people are more afraid of a black teen in a hoodie or a 12 yr old with a toy gun than people who look like them.

And the NAACP is an example of the destruction of society? Why because their goal is to push for the advancement of minorities? The horror.

Oh and to put the if in front of black lives matter, you are making it seem as though it's a question. Do you not believe they matter? If so, maybe go with since or yes as the opening word. But a person like you probably doesn't think they matter.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women