Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47602
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 03-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Yeah, make things illegal...kind of like we have with drugs. That'll fix it. Everyone will end up in jail.
Well you can't have it one way and then the other. Looks like instead it's better to just let them die I guess..

By the way I was making a point in the legalize drug comment and you are misconstruing, twisting what my points were in this debate by posting one comment.

In the scheme of things it is either "have government / state funded rescue's to save lives, and complain about the cost, or abandon helping people in these situations and just let them die (because they knew the risk).. or try to find a solution, like the extreme I mentioned and make it illegal, or require training, certification and pay fines, or whatever.

In any case something has to be done, but keeping it in perspective these types of dramatic rescues really do not happen as often as the media portrays. So you have to ask yourself how much of this is knee jerking to the media reports..?

My comment about legalizing drugs was facetious and was meant to make a point...
Bebe Le Strange is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Saving these people is like voting for politicians. You're just encouraging the bastards. Right PJ?
Exactly!

http://www.groveatlantic.com/default...n9780802119605
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #18
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Just another example of the nanny State run amuck.

Lets hear it for the Darwin Awards that "commemorate those who assist natural selection by removing themselves from the gene pool... Darwin Awards are given to honor those who do their best to ensure that the next generation is smarter--by one. These heroes sacrifice their very lives to give our children a better future..."
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #19
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Some gene pools need a better filter.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #20
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
First of all, government funded rescue should be left to those scenarios for which they were intended: natural disasters (tornadoes, hurricanes, flooding, earthquakes, etc.), fires, explosions, MVAs, and the like.

Devoting these resources to "sports" is wrong. If anyone supports these rescue missions, it should be the sport. Let them fund any rescue attempts.

]
I agree. it should be sports funded and paid for by the people doing that sports. As to jet skis, if they are dangerous to nature, why surf there? YOU know you risk your life? If i do stupid things then i have to at least be responsible. Surfing isn`t necessary. Its a luxury.
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #21
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Some gene pools need a better filter.
This one needs chlorine "shocking"
Old 03-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #22
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
This one needs chlorine "shocking"
Dayum, PJ! I thought the only person in your household that knew about chlorine shocking would be your poolboy (or girl, as the case may be). Maybe just your in-house servants.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #23
pjorourke
Valued Poster

I have shocked my share of pools -- in my distant youth.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #24
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
I have shocked my share of pools -- in my distant youth.
Translation: PJ liked to skinny dip when he was young.

(You didn't really think he was referring to manual labor, did you?)
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #25
pjorourke
Valued Poster

I wasn't always a rich famous author.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #26
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Is it society's (i.e. government services) obligation to take care of someone who rides a bike without a helmet and has an accident? Is it society's obligation to take care of someone who uses drugs? Is it society's obligation to take care of those folks who engage in poor health activities? Is it society's obligation to take care of those folks who like to live life on the edge? The list goes on and on.

It always amazes me that the same folks who think it is society's obligation to take care of all these folks...also believe that society should have very little role in regulating their participation in the activity. That just seems counterintuitive to me. Personal responsibility fosters individual freedom...and (it seems to me) vice-versa.
you make a really really good point here. ANd lets not forget the countries where no one can save you . In Austria we have the same issues with skiers going outside marked territory and then getting buried under avalanches. Sometimes the rescuers ( as PJ pointed out) risk their lives as well.

In Austria we have certain standards where society (ah insurance) will pay and when not.
Even if you try to commit suicide and survive they send you the bill (not that i ever tried......:-)......because its against the law to try to commit suicide...(lol)....)
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #27
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:

It always amazes me that the same folks who think it is society's obligation to take care of all these folks...also believe that society should have very little role in regulating their participation in the activity. That just seems counterintuitive to me. Personal responsibility fosters individual freedom...and (it seems to me) vice-versa.
I'm a little bit confused with this statement. Take seat belts and motorcycle helmets. It seems to me that those who believe it is society's obligation to take care of folks who get injured because they weren't wearing them are also typically the ones who support the laws that require them.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #28
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
In Austria we have certain standards where society (ah insurance) will pay and when not.
Even if you try to commit suicide and survive they send you the bill (not that i ever tried......:-)......because its against the law to try to commit suicide...(lol)....)
I have a friend whose brother recently died in a sporting accident. His estate got a bill for about 4 grand for the helicopter that came to life-flight him -- even though he was dead when it arrived.

This was out in California -- a state that is broke and has to charge for those services.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #29
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
I have a friend whose brother recently died in a sporting accident. His estate got a bill for about 4 grand for the helicopter that came to life-flight him -- even though he was dead when it arrived.

This was out in California -- a state that is broke and has to charge for those services.
Actually, most "ambulance" services of which I am aware charge the patient. Insurance may cover a portion or all. In the case of an uninsured person, if they are judgment proof, the ambulance company normally writes it off.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #30
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

A little off subject I know, but Falcon Heene’s—the “Balloon Boy”—parents were presented a bill of $36,000 for the full rescue operations costs in 2009.

To my knowledge, the costs for rescue operations are normally charged to the person or persons being rescued (when not a natural disaster). That does not mean those fees are collected, however. In the situation that Mazo is presenting, the choice is not “yes” and “no.” It’s “sometimes yes” and “sometimes no.” The government provides rescuers part of the time, so the surfers need to get on board (no pun intended) and accept what the government is offering; otherwise, the risk is entirely their own.

I read this yesterday and thought about this thread. The decision of many local governments was to ban this extreme sport.

The Early, Deadly Days of Motorcycle Racing

It was in 1911 that a livery worker named Ashley Franklin Van Order moved from Illinois to Southern California so he could ride his motorcycle year-round. Van Order took a job selling Harley-Davidsons and began riding competitively, but his racing career was cut short soon afterward by an accident, followed by an ultimatum. “His wife, Lilly, told him that if he ever rode again, she was out of there,” says Van Order’s grandson . . .

The races must have been spectacular for people who were accustomed to thinking of horsepower in terms of actual horses. The bikes were designed to run fast, and that was about it: they had to be towed behind other motorcycles to get them started, and they had no brakes. The tracks, called motordromes, came in various sizes—a circuit of a mile and a quarter occupied the current site of the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills—and were made of lengths of 2-by-2 and 2-by-4 lumber with rough-cut surfaces. The turns were severely banked, allowing riders to reach speeds of more than 100 miles an hour. Crashes were frequent and horrific—riders who went down faced being impaled by splinters—and often fatal. Spectators shared in the risk: at many motordromes, they peered down from the lip of the track, in harm’s way. On one particularly lethal day in 1912, several observers—from four to six, accounts vary—were killed along with Eddie Hasha and another rider at a motordrome in Newark, New Jersey, when Hasha lost control of his bike and slammed into the crowd.

. . . . By the mid-‘20s, the sport began to lose its appeal. Perhaps the novelty wore off; certainly the carnage was appalling. Newspapers began referring to motordromes as “murderdromes,” and local governments closed some tracks. . . .

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-c...le-Racing.html
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women