Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59988
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47592
pyramider46370
bambino40334
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
timpage
Account Disabled

You mean he will honor the date by traveling to Europe to commemorate the anniversary of the invasion? Like President Obama and his family did in 2009?

And I guess Romney's pride and patriotism was on vacation during the Vietnam War when he got all those draft deferments allowing him to avoid military service, eh? Apparently he wasn't proud or patriotic enough to hump a ruck in Vietnam....or anywhere else. I think Romney was in France part of that time. Yep....France.

By the way, did you see Obama is leading Romney in Ohio, Florida and Virginia? Whod'a thunk it in this economy?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/p...132519583.html
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #17
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

D-day isn't/wasn't just "somthing" that happened. You might want to go back and edit your post while you still have the chance. A shitstorm is headed your way.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You're right. D-Day is no more than National Pancake Day. Can't commemorate everything.

Hey Timmy! And you're right, since Romney ignored D-Day, it's OK for the President of the United States to ignore one of our most important military advances in history.

Glad to see you're holding the President to the same standards as Romney. We shouldn't expect any better from our President.

And Romney is an idiot, too. If you haven't noticed. But he's not President.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #19
timpage
Account Disabled

Most of the population doesn't give a shit about D-Day Whirly-gig....they don't even know what it is. Happened almost 70 years ago and it has nothing to do with Twitter, Facebook or video games....except Call of Duty, of course. Average kid on the street probably couldn't tell you when WW2 occurred.

I care about it. You care about it. But, the Walmart shoppers and most of the youngsters don't....that's a shame but it's the truth.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #20
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You're right. D-Day is no more than National Pancake Day. Can't commemorate everything.

Hey Timmy! And you're right, since Romney ignored D-Day, it's OK for the President of the United States to ignore one of our most important military advances in history.

Glad to see you're holding the President to the same standards as Romney. We shouldn't expect any better from our President.

And Romney is an idiot, too. If you haven't noticed. But he's not President.
Hey COG! In case you haven't heard, this Romney fellow wants to be President....so how he commemorates D-Day is up for evaluation, the same as Obama....at least by your pitiful logic.

The point is that your criticisms of Obama are silly and unfair because he treats the D-Day anniversary about the same as other recent previous presidents.

Now, how about those draft deferments? And remember....Romney is that fellow running for President.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #21
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
For the third straight year, President Obama has ignored the passage of D-Day, the turning point of WWII in Europe. Close to 5000 men lost their lives that day in our march to rid the world of Nazism. This is an outrage to their bravery and memory.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...memorate-dday/

God Bless the memory of those brave men, and God Bless all those who stormed the beach that day.

Just curious what did you do to observe it?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #22
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
what is Romney doing to observe it?
Not sure what he is doing but The President of the United States may be inclined to say something. Just a little thank you to the men and women. My father was one of those people over there and I thank him to this day. He may not be able to hear me but he eraned it and I reap the rewards of him doing so.

I served in Iraq and I hear all the time people thanking me. I am not used to it and almost blush. My father would have as well.

So on behalf of all of those that bicker and bitch about saying thank you. I want to say Thank you. They may not know what they are missing because they havent missed it yet and i hope they never do.

Thank you men of D-Day yo have no idea what you did but i know you did it for us.
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #23
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Most of the population doesn't give a shit about D-Day ...
That may be true, but so what? For God's sake, I expect the President of the United States to be doing something a bit more dignified than grubbing for money on the anniversary of D-Day. But then again, the first chance he had to address a Memorial Day event as POTUS, he botched it by confusing it with Veteran's Day. And he doesn't know how to pronounce "corpsman." How many more times do we need to be reminded that that piece of shit occupying the Oval Office doesn't give a shit about our history, our values, or our traditions, much less our military.

And it doesn't matter one fuck what Romney was doing on D-Day. He's not the President of the United States. He's not Commander in Chief.

And all those draft deferments Romney got don't mean shit. If you can excuse Bill Clinton for his duplicitous behavior during Vietnam, and even his writing in a letter at the time that he "loathed" the military, then surely you should be able to do the same for Romney. Romney spent his prime teens/early 20s bettering himself. The current POS POTUS spend the same portion of his life (if you believe his autobiography) wallowing in drugs and alcohol. So, so much more admirable than dodging the draft, wouldn't you say?
mastermind238 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #24
CJ7
Valued Poster

every vet was honored on Memorial day, a national holiday

do any politicians mention Hamburger Hill ... fuck no.

as for Romney, no he's not the potus, but for someone that wants to be he should have stepped up and at least mentioned D Day ... puts him in the same league with everyone that didnt.

see if you idgets cant find something more mundane to whine about.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #25
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I shouldn't haven't to remind you that Romney is not the president (commander in chief) yet. There is no procedure for regular people to follow for any anniversary like D-day or the Battle of the Bulge (which Obama also missed). Maybe it is just enough that we remember and tell others about the heroism shone. It has to be better than having a mattress sale or a BBQ.
The President by virtue of his (or her) position is held to a higher standard. They set the tone for the country. Congress as well. If we can set a aside a day for Twinkies then we can recognize the exploits of our veterans. Next year at this time you, and we, can criticize Romney for his presidential failings.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #26
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
every vet was honored on Memorial day, a national holiday
You might think so, but you are wrong.
http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

There's a DIFFERENT holiday to honor all vets, and I already mentioned it: Veteran's Day.

Whether Romney did or didn't commemorate Memorial Day has nothing whatsoever to do with whether it's appropriate for the Commander in Chief of US Armed Forces to honor the war dead on their designated national holiday.

THE SUBJECT IS: The current POS POTUS was out grubbing for money from his degenerate Hollywood friends when he should have been doing his JOB and laying a wreath. So typical of libs who can't stay on topic or who have to change the subject when they're losing.
mastermind238 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #27
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I did not know that Romney had won the election or did Obama already concede the duties of the office to him.

I agree that President Romney will not ignore the great actions of our soldiers.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
CJ7
Valued Poster

whine lil children whine ... lol
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I'm not defending Romney's lack of attention to D-Day. It's deplorable as well. But as of yet, he is NOT the President. It's not his duty to honor the soldiers involved in that campaign. Their Commander in Chief has that duty. If Romney becomes President, and ignores D-Day, I will question his leadership, as well.

As far as the draft deferments go, it's my understanding that he received the deferments because he was a Mormon missionary at the time. I don't know why that qualified for a deferment, or why he took the deferment.

As it is, he spent the same amount of time in the military that Obama did. As far as I know, neither one volunteered either.

And for the record, I volunteered, but was rejected due to some childhood illnesses.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #30
CJ7
Valued Poster

cant find anything more mundane to carp about huh?

didnt think so ............
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women