Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70448
biomed160817
Yssup Rider60173
gman4452966
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47657
pyramider46370
bambino40397
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35555
Mojojo33117

Old 07-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #16
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Where are you getting your sources??? Alabama has voted Republican in every single election since 1980- Tennessee since 1980 only went DEM and both were Clinton's elections, Mississippi last voted for a Democrat in 1976- they voted GOP every election since 76. There has been 10 Presidential elections since 1976 Louisiana voted Dem in 1976, 92, and 96 and voted GOP all the other years. Florida has been the closest it's voted 4 times DEM and 6 times GOP. Pennsylvania in the last 10 elections since 76 has voted DEM 7 times and GOP 3 times- so all your data is totally incorrect. None of the states you mentioned can be flipped- only one that was wishy washy was Florida in which many of the elections have been close.

The DATA going back to 1976 is not meaningless especially if they stopped collecting data in 2008- that's 9 elections and as mentioned before most of those states in those years voted one particular way.

Here is my sources that tells you how the states mentioned have voted since 1976.:
http://www.270towin.com/states/
You are only looking at Presidential elections. That is also meaningless. A Prez candidate's personality can make a big difference. California voted for Reagan for President - at least once, maybe twice. Does that make California a red state?

Look at who held the state legislatures and the governorships. Tennessee is the home of the Gore clan. Do you really think it was red back when Gore Sr. and Gore Jr. were holding state office?

Mississippi elects more black candidates than any other state. Do you think they are red-state voters. Even the whites vote Democratic heavily. And look at the office holders from Louisiana - starting with Edwin Edwards.

The red-blue divide between conservative and liberal states is relatively new. It first became prominent in Bush-Gore 2000.

The red-blue ideological difference that we CURRENTLY experience was meaningless back in the 70s and 80s.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #17
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Buttman and Slobbrin : Both of you fucking idiots are deflecting. Big surprise. Lets see how many insults you can throw now. Hmmm ... Osimething? Cum-gobbling? Dim-retard? You guys are Quite the team!

ExNYer ... I wonder what it would show if you could calculate it post 1990. Again, I don't believe it's a partisan issue. I believe it's an issue of arrogance. Lotta Boss Hogs out there.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #18
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
I'm an incredible (D)ouchebag...
fixed that for you, DROOLY Andrews.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #19
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
You are only looking at Presidential elections. That is also meaningless. A Prez candidate's personality can make a big difference. California voted for Reagan for President - at least once, maybe twice. Does that make California a red state?

Look at who held the state legislatures and the governorships. Tennessee is the home of the Gore clan. Do you really think it was red back when Gore Sr. and Gore Jr. were holding state office?

Mississippi elects more black candidates than any other state. Do you think they are red-state voters. Even the whites vote Democratic heavily. And look at the office holders from Louisiana - starting with Edwin Edwards.

The red-blue divide between conservative and liberal states is relatively new. It first became prominent in Bush-Gore 2000.

The red-blue ideological difference that we CURRENTLY experience was meaningless back in the 70s and 80s.
I am aware it's a new, but look at the facts- what was Blue and Red in todays' terms was pretty much RED and BLUE in the 80's and 90's- also Tennessee has been Red for quite sometime- Gore lost his own state to Bush in 2000- had Gore carried his own state we wouldn't have had the Florida debacle.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #20
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I agree with ExNY, this isn't really a dem/rep issue, it is a poverty issue and a cultural issue. Having said that, notice just as with the "who gets more than they give" list, the over representation of good ol' Dixie on the list.

And IIFFy's rush to deflect the conversation from that point.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #21
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
The bitch-slap is the quickest and best way to recapture a person's attention.
Let's do that for iffy and jim, the fiery and flaming asshole streaking across the sky.

Everybody knew that would be the way he would answer the question.

Total bullshit .

Name a single terrorist who has escaped justice by being given to the civilian courts.

Name one who didn't receive his fair measure of punishment by being given to the civilian courts.

Just leave him at Gitmo until he finds Jesus?
Until Obama trades him for a truly good receiver out of the backfield for the Redskins or some shit?

Cricket sounds.

And then there was one.

No jim. It shows how stupid you are.

You're the only person to publically state that a person from a state on the 10 most corrupted states list has to be corrupted too. Basically denying them part of their Constitutional rights.

And that a person from a state not on that list can't be corrupted and should be above suspicion.

With @25000 convictions between 1976 and 2008, that leaves the vast majority, and yes even those from these "evil" states, of the every day people as just that.

Uncorrupted (at least to the degree needed for a conviction).
Get back in your suitcase chump that's where you belong. You never know what you're talking about anyway.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #22
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
I agree with ExNY, this isn't really a dem/rep issue, it is a poverty issue and a cultural issue. Having said that, notice just as with the "who gets more than they give" list, the over representation of good ol' Dixie on the list.

OLD-T W.VA is perhaps the poorest state in the Union it didn't even crack the top 30 of state's being corrupt so it isn't really about poverty- and I wouldn't classify the state of Illinois as being a poor state-yet it always had corruption.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #23
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

But your lame-ass already admitted you were in they pay line to pocket some of those Federal dollars you claim went to Dixie, didn't ya, Old-Twerp? So those dollars you took home to Ohio didn't really go to Dixie, did they, Old-Twerp? Hence, you had your lame-ass ASSumptions shoved up your ass sideways, Old-Twerp.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #24
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Here IBIdiot we IBIdiot go IBIdiot, hijacking IBIdiot the IBIdiot thread IBIdiot again IBIdiot so I idiot you IBIdiot can IBIdiot insult IBIdiot others.

Fucking idiot.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #25
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
OLD-T W.VA is perhaps the poorest state in the Union it didn't even crack the top 30 of state's being corrupt so it isn't really about poverty- and I wouldn't classify the state of Illinois as being a poor state-yet it always had corruption.
Nothing is a one-for-one cause and effect when it comes to politics and economics, but for the most part those top states for corruption do indeed contain a lot more poverty than the norm. And that is also why I said poverty and cultural.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #26
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
But your lame-ass already admitted you were in they pay line to pocket some of those Federal dollars you claim went to Dixie, didn't ya, Old-Twerp? So those dollars you took home to Ohio didn't really go to Dixie, did they, Old-Twerp? Hence, you had your lame-ass ASSumptions shoved up your ass sideways, Old-Twerp.
I have been trying to treat you, IBTheVillageIdiot, a little more kindly, but that clearly isn't working you pathetic wind bag. Since you are obviously incapable of understanding averages, correlation, and relative rank orders--to say nothing of complex math like "greater than" and "less than" I will try to explain it is simpler terms more appropriate to your reading comprehension level and mental capacity:

IB wrong. IB foolish man. Me smart. Me smarter than IB. IB think taking lots of money from others is good. IB think it good to have bad men run Dixie. He a bad man too. Bad men like IB vote for all those corrupt politicians. Dixie full of bad foolish peopl people like IB. The good people in those states suffer because of bad foolish people like IB. IB get confused. IB lie. Bad IB! IB jealous of Old-T.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:04 AM   #27
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default QUESTION: WHY ARE YOU SUCH A DUMB SHIT ?

You don't even understand what you post.

The "study" is of local politics at the state level, not how states voted in a national election. In other words you have to look at how the state legislature is controlled. The "study" doesn't affiliate corruption with how they voted in national elections (red vs. blue). That is something you wrongly inferred.

The Alabama state legislature (House and Senate) has been controlled by the Democrats for 136 years, until 2010 when the Republicans were swept into power. Alabama has been firmly entrenched by Democrat control, no surprise it is one of the most corrupted states in the union.

On the other end of the spectrum is Michigan (NOT listed in your study). That state has been largely controlled by the Republican party since the 1970s. With the exception of Detroit - by far one of the most corrupted and now bankrupted city in American. And Detroit has been decimated by the corrupt politics of their black leadership !

But if we apply your stupid inference to the least corrupted states, like Nebraska, the correlation would be that they voted mostly Republican in national elections.

FACT JACK !

And please feel free to explain to us how Obama is not the most corrupted, incompetent, and dishonest President in modern American history !

Quote:
http://fortune.com/2014/06/10/most-c...es-in-america/

Amazing 8 of the 10 are traditional RED states-

New research takes a look at decades of corruption convictions to find the crookedest states in the union.

When we think of government corruption (as one tends to do), our biased minds often gravitate to thoughts of military juntas and third world governments. But, of course, corruption is everywhere, in one form or another. And it’s costing U.S. citizens big time.

A new study from researchers at the University of Hong Kong and Indiana University estimates that corruption on the state level is costing Americans in the 10 most corrupt states an average of $1,308 per year, or 5.2% of those states’ average expenditures per year.

The researchers studied more than 25,000 convictions of public officials for violation of federal corruption laws between 1976 and 2008 as well as patterns in state spending to develop a corruption index that estimates the most and least corrupt states in the union. Based on this method, the the most corrupt states are:

1. Mississippi
2. Louisiana
3. Tennessee
4. Illinois
5. Pennsylvania
6. Alabama
7. Alaska
8. South Dakota
9. Kentucky
10. Florida
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:21 AM   #28
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

How can a corrupted state list be complete without NY?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #29
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
IB wrong. IB foolish man. Me smart. Me smarter than IB. IB think taking lots of money from others is good. IB think it good to have bad men run Dixie. He a bad man too. Bad men like IB vote for all those corrupt politicians. Dixie full of bad foolish peopl people like IB. The good people in those states suffer because of bad foolish people like IB. IB get confused. IB lie. Bad IB! IB jealous of Old-T.
That still might be too complex for IB.

You might have to dumb it down just a little more.
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #30
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
How can a corrupted state list be complete without NY?
Or New Jersey
Seedy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women