Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 11-02-2022, 07:50 AM   #16
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Who is the ban caller, this is an open forum, we needn't be afraid of our words.
I received points for one of my posts here.
This is no longer an open forum.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #17
tolstoy
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
It’s something I’ve thought about. Honestly all anyone needs to do is look at the sandbox here to see what’s going on.
The political tribalism here is off the charts. And they don’t know it but counterproductive and ruining this site. At least the Pittsburgh scene.
I think the Politics section "contains" much of the Poison and Animus on this site. As long as any member avoids reading it then he/she can enjoy the rest of the site which is more civilized and "hobby-oriented"....

Charley3 makes a joke about Bambino and someone reports him and suggests Charley3 be banned? Yep, that IS lame- the guy(s) who reported Charley3. Really, would even Bambino have a problem with that joke? Too often it's the posting "tough guys" who can't stand reading any "heat" directed at them or their self-perceived allies. No, I don't think Bambino would report Charley3 for most of any sorts of posts. But apparently other guys had a problem with it. Go figure....

Whoever reported on Charley3: make a list of all the things and subjects we all CAN'T joke about. Then everyone will know what you report to the mods. It all will be useful going forward...
Old 11-02-2022, 09:23 AM   #18
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolstoy View Post
I think the Politics section "contains" much of the Poison and Animus on this site. As long as any member avoids reading it then he/she can enjoy the rest of the site which is more civilized and "hobby-oriented"....

Charley3 makes a joke about Bambino and someone reports him and suggests Charley3 be banned? Yep, that IS lame- the guy(s) who reported Charley3. Really, would even Bambino have a problem with that joke? Too often it's the posting "tough guys" who can't stand reading any "heat" directed at them or their self-perceived allies. No, I don't think Bambino would report Charley3 for most of any sorts of posts. But apparently other guys had a problem with it. Go figure....

Whoever reported on Charley3: make a list of all the things and subjects we all CAN'T joke about. Then everyone will know what you report to the mods. It all will be useful going forward...
I only report members who write posts that are 7 paragraphs long....

Seriously. Some members are thin skinned and take everything personal.
People need to grow a pair and realize this is not real life
Old 11-02-2022, 10:19 AM   #19
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Unfortunately you are correct. I’ve poked my head into the sandbox but get called things like libtard even though I’m Republican. Just not as Republican as the mob there likes. Lol.
Old 11-02-2022, 10:22 AM   #20
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

Don’t play in the Sandbox if you don’t like it there, its not that hard. If a certain member constantly gets under your skin, block them.
Old 11-02-2022, 10:43 AM   #21
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGangster View Post
Don’t play in the Sandbox if you don’t like it there, its not that hard. If a certain member constantly gets under your skin, block them.
They squeal and the mod responds. Thats what gets under my skin.

I’ve seen posts where a lot of these same guys complaint about guys hitting the report button and their the the main culprit.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:53 AM   #22
paintedbynumbers
Premium Access

Encounters: 47

Let's be real. You said Bam was dead. Wasn't a joke. If you consider calling members dead that's on you. But to cry when you receive the punishment? Come on now. What did you think would happen? I wasn't the only one pissed about your comment. I never had an issue with you prior to you making that comment. Hell, I didn't even know who you were.

You then made a lame apology post where other members again said it was a half assed apology. So what do you do? You go and make this post and somehow earn yourself more points (you admitted it yourself) so what are you trying to accomplish here? What's your end game? Nobody is squealing, half of the bans on this site I don't agree with and if you knew me or my posts you would know that.

You made a lame attempt at humor saying Bam was dead, you got called for it and did your time, you could have let it end there but you made the fake apology thread and this thread and act surprised when you earn more points.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:51 PM   #23
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedbynumbers View Post
Let's be real. You said Bam was dead. Wasn't a joke. If you consider calling members dead that's on you. But to cry when you receive the punishment? Come on now. What did you think would happen? I wasn't the only one pissed about your comment. I never had an issue with you prior to you making that comment. Hell, I didn't even know who you were.

You then made a lame apology post where other members again said it was a half assed apology. So what do you do? You go and make this post and somehow earn yourself more points (you admitted it yourself) so what are you trying to accomplish here? What's your end game? Nobody is squealing, half of the bans on this site I don't agree with and if you knew me or my posts you would know that.

You made a lame attempt at humor saying Bam was dead, you got called for it and did your time, you could have let it end there but you made the fake apology thread and this thread and act surprised when you earn more points.
What do I want? I want people to grow a pair and stop whining to mods for bans and points. You never did answer why you asked for bans for a least two other members in addition to me. Why do you do that?
Old 11-02-2022, 01:11 PM   #24
paintedbynumbers
Premium Access

Encounters: 47

Who are the 2? Paulina I asked for the post removed because she outed me. The mods felt she broke the rule and they banned her. Again we are adults, we have choices. She knew better and sadly now she is banned. You are an adult you made your choices.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:57 PM   #25
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Charley3 makes a joke about Bambino and someone reports him and suggests Charley3 be banned?
Falsely posting what he did about Bambino was no joke. It was disgusting and it was against the rules here.

If you don't want points or don't want banned, it is pretty simple, follow the rules.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:03 PM   #26
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
They squeal and the mod responds. Thats what gets under my skin.

I’ve seen posts where a lot of these same guys complaint about guys hitting the report button and their the the main culprit.
You are caring way too much about points on a hooker board. Generally speaking they people who care the least here are the happiest. Its a game, some play better than others
Old 11-02-2022, 06:03 PM   #27
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedbynumbers View Post
Also, I remember yrs back when you were a mod Devo and yes back then we didn't have to be afraid of our words but now we have to walk on egg shells praying we won't get points. It's nowhere near the same as it used to be.
I have offered once, perhaps twice to come back as a mod, I know I was declined once without even any consideration, the second I'm just not sure about.

What we are seeing is, the Texans running the Pittsburgh forums, if you can remember back to ASPD days, when it came down to closing the forums entirely, or allowing locals to mod the Pittsburgh board.

And it was all over a joke Tom McGinn made about the Texas Orangmen, that pissed off a Texas mod.

And the owner wisely put locals like us in charge, and, it worked far better with people who understood the locals, and, when to take a joke, or not.

The whole intent of the DMZ at ASPD was to be a steam blow off area, SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS TYPE OF INHERENTLY UGLY COMMENTARY, and, it was NOT treated the same as the hooker/business forums.

I have no issues with the rules of the site being enforced towards verboten things, kids, illicit substances, and I get why, but, why points are being issued over hurt feelings is beyond me, this is the BIG boy, BIG pants forum.

And its EXACTLY WHY I posted the thread about forced politeness in this forum, and got exactly two responses, other than my own.

I have gotten more points in the last year and a half than I have in the last 23 years, which is about the time ASPD jumped to a digital format, and not a text forum.

And I know that probably all of them are from Capons who don't have the set to direct their anger over my comments instead of calling me out publicly.

This tattletail shit should be put to an end, or, as in the post I made about enforced politeness, we should just do it ourselves, be big enough to stop the name calling, and if and when someone DOES do it, then, we can all be happy that discipline was given, because we have AGREED that some sense of adult civility should be GIVEN to each other here.

That's my solution.

Step up, give the mods no reason to look at us, and perhaps, they won't give us such attention if we self moderate.

Look, I love to fuck around, I'll argue both sides, just because I like to do it, but, I can also argue for real without the childish shit.

CAN YOU??????????????????????????? ??

Old 11-02-2022, 07:42 PM   #28
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I have offered once, perhaps twice to come back as a mod, I know I was declined once without even any consideration, the second I'm just not sure about.

What we are seeing is, the Texans running the Pittsburgh forums, if you can remember back to ASPD days, when it came down to closing the forums entirely, or allowing locals to mod the Pittsburgh board.

And it was all over a joke Tom McGinn made about the Texas Orangmen, that pissed off a Texas mod.

And the owner wisely put locals like us in charge, and, it worked far better with people who understood the locals, and, when to take a joke, or not.

The whole intent of the DMZ at ASPD was to be a steam blow off area, SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS TYPE OF INHERENTLY UGLY COMMENTARY, and, it was NOT treated the same as the hooker/business forums.

I have no issues with the rules of the site being enforced towards verboten things, kids, illicit substances, and I get why, but, why points are being issued over hurt feelings is beyond me, this is the BIG boy, BIG pants forum.

And its EXACTLY WHY I posted the thread about forced politeness in this forum, and got exactly two responses, other than my own.

I have gotten more points in the last year and a half than I have in the last 23 years, which is about the time ASPD jumped to a digital format, and not a text forum.

And I know that probably all of them are from Capons who don't have the set to direct their anger over my comments instead of calling me out publicly.

This tattletail shit should be put to an end, or, as in the post I made about enforced politeness, we should just do it ourselves, be big enough to stop the name calling, and if and when someone DOES do it, then, we can all be happy that discipline was given, because we have AGREED that some sense of adult civility should be GIVEN to each other here.

That's my solution.

Step up, give the mods no reason to look at us, and perhaps, they won't give us such attention if we self moderate.

Look, I love to fuck around, I'll argue both sides, just because I like to do it, but, I can also argue for real without the childish shit.

CAN YOU??????????????????????????? ??

I can’t believe I’m saying this. I agree 99.9% of this. Only I question having a local moderator.
Old 11-03-2022, 12:01 AM   #29
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:

What we are seeing is, the Texans running the Pittsburgh forums,
OMG. Glad the site owners have good common sense. Hell you yourself say in your signature

Proudly nominates as the worst (local) mod ever.....

"Sorry but Devo was the worst mod ever. Well the worst *local* mod."

And I hate to break it to you, but if I recall correctly, Dr-epg who is the main mod here is local to Western PA which last I looked is not Texas.

Bottom line, there is no banning epidemic or out of control Texas mods. I will say it again - If you don't want points or don't want banned, it is pretty simple, just follow the rules.
Old 11-03-2022, 08:08 AM   #30
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Technically the Dr is just helping here, he isn’t even listed as a mod for Pittsburgh. Thats DJ and gman, DJ is an admin and gman is from Upset NY. Technically any mod can issue points mostly site wide with some exceptions. It is my understanding that when the RTM is hit all mods see it and any can take action or dismiss it or ignore it and wait for the local mods to log on and handle it. In the case of an outing I would suspect the first mod to see it would remove it.

Some mods issue a lot of points, edit a lot of posts and close a lot of threADs others we barely know exist. Jedo is a mod and last time I saw him post he still had less than 400 total posts in his Icky life which spans many years. Gman approves a shit ton of Pittsburgh reviews but have you ever seen him post here?

The powers that be here want local mods for the reasons explained above, I have been begged to do it more than once. A group of us had to really push BSer to do it, then he left the site after a girls death. There have been open requests posted here for mod volunteers, albeit all pre Fosta that I can remember. If they don’t want Devo he must really be on their worst mod ever list
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women