Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162725
Yssup Rider60438
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48471
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41777
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36154
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #16
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
It was a bad bill that nobody had time to review.
If nobody had time to review it, then how do you know it's a bad bill?

Oh yeah... you just swallow your spoon-fed libtard talking points. You have no critical faculties of your own.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #17
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Since I own a small Business, (Corporation, 14 employees), make a high personal income, and short form on my taxes, I will come out pretty good with this tax plan.
I think that's great. I hope many more small business owners fare as well. When you get done filling out your return this year ,roll it up and stuff it up the ass of the nearest Liberal and tell 'em I sent ya, lol.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #18
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I call this a win...
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:24 AM   #19
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
I call this a win...
It's a "win" when the final is signed by Trump, if it's close to the Senate version as far as the income tax part. There's some "riders" that were tacked on to get votes, but that is SOP ... even though wrong IMO.

Right now the Big Win for 2018 is the Dems sitting it out!

If it kicks in for 2018 ... voters will see a change in the paychecks (net pay) ... which will make the Dems liars. Those folks who don't get a change already have their minds made up anyway .... the "undecided" are in the bracket for a change.

That's why Trump won!

(Let's hope there is a 75% tax on alleged "philanthropic funds" operated for the benefit of politicians in offshore companies funded by foreign nationals!!!!!)
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:14 AM   #20
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

The corporations scored a HUGE win with the tax reform bill. The rich scored a MAJOR win with the tax reform bill. The middle class? Hard to predict at this time since the details have not been given to us and the House and Senate still have to reconcile the differences between the 2 bills.

Jackie owns a business and is high income so I would expect him to do well with the new tax plan. The rest of us? Until the details come out I can't accurately predict how I personally will do. MAYBE $100 a month better off. Not bad but not great. I'm interested in knowing how others think they will make out under the proposed plans, either one.

Whatever the end result turns out to be, assuming the tax reform package in its final state becomes law, it is a coup for the Republican party.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #21
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Anything that will keep the GDP 3-4% is good for everyone.

Now let's address the spending problems.
TheDaliLama is online now   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #22
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Anything that will keep the GDP 3-4% is good for everyone.

Now let's address the spending problems.
1. Cut the grants and supplements for "Obamacare"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #23
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

A longtime Medicare leech continues his assault on government subsidized healthcare.

That’s what a Dipshit does!

Congratulations,LLiarMan. You are the head of a nail!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #24
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
A longtime Medicare leech continues his assault on government subsidized healthcare.

That’s what a Dipshit does!

Congratulations,LLiarMan. You are the head of a nail!
DOTY!!!
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:02 PM   #25
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
We should all remember that the Democrats did not vote for this bill therefore they are against the American people receiving tax breaks and they want us to pay more taxes even The democrats are in favor of regulations and non growth agenda for our economy.
You are so full of shit. The last two Republican presidents destroyed the economy and had to have it fixed by Democrat presidents. You seem to forget that the stock market went from 7900 to 22,000 under Obama. And the American people are not getting breaks. The richest 1% and the largest corporations are
BigLouie is online now   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #26
Muy Largo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I was initially attracted to the expression, Drain the Swamp. Government corruption is concerning. Government cooperation with special (private sector) interests is concerning. Draining the Swamp was something long overdue. With this 477 page bill the swamp has not been drained, it has been deepened. The same myopic interests who have long dictated policy and legislation got what they want. The process of writing this legislation was sketchy, secretive, and rushed. That's not what we wanted when we supported the idea of Draining the Swamp. There are provisions in this measure that provide ill-advised advantages to certain specific corporate interests. There are provisions in this measure that are political and philosophical in nature. The lack of transparency is concerning. The partisanship is concerning. Reagan's important tax plan was subjected to numerous public hearings and plenty of give and take by different interests. For a financial matter that will effect the deficit and other important aspects of our government and the public the level of public input for the 2017 tax measure has been absurdly low -- nil, as a matter of fact. That's fucking disgraceful.
Muy Largo is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:28 PM   #27
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
DOTY!!!
4 TIMES !!!!
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #28
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Largo View Post
There are provisions in this measure that provide ill-advised advantages to certain specific corporate interests. There are provisions in this measure that are political and philosophical in nature. The lack of transparency is concerning.
So exactly what are those provisions you are objecting to? And how did you learn about them if there has been no transparency?

Your libtard talking points are self-contradicting. Just like assup's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Largo View Post
The partisanship is concerning.
I agree! And this explains why...

When Democrats Backed Tax Cuts

In 2001, Bush won support from a dozen of them in the Senate and 28 in the House.

By Kimberley A. Strassel
Nov. 30, 2017 7:07 p.m. ET

Democrats have a lot to say about the Republican tax-reform plan, including that it is a “middle class con job” and is going to cost the GOP its congressional majorities. That’s quite the bold claim, coming from the party that is in fact in uncharted tax-politics territory.

Americans have short political memories, which means it is no longer possible to remember a world in which Democrats didn’t hate tax cuts. And in the mainstream media - which shares the left’s penchant for class warfare -it’s also no longer possible to read an analysis that doesn’t assume Democrats are on the right side of history, that these tax cuts are “unpopular,” and that this reform holds grave political risks for Republicans.

Based on what? Democrats certainly have no modern evidence of these propositions, since they’ve never uniformly opposed tax cuts. In fact, it’s been 16 years since the party even engaged in a big tax brawl, during George W. Bush’s first year as president. What’s striking is just how many Democrats enthusiastically signed on to Mr. Bush’s tax bill, and just how far off the political rails the party has gone in the intervening years.

While the Bush tax package was hardly as sweeping as today’s reform, it contained similar provisions. It cut marginal rates across the board, even knocking nearly 5 points off the top marginal rate for the 1%. It cut capital-gains taxes and lowered the estate tax to zero in 2010, before the reductions expired. These are all cuts that House and Senate Democrats today uniformly decry as giveaways to the rich and powerful.

Yet back then, nobody doubted some Democrats would support the legislation. Republicans barely commanded a Senate majority, with just 50 Senate votes, yet the tax-cut train rolled unswervingly on. Ultimately, 12 Senate Democrats voted yes. Some of these were moderate Democrats, a species that is now all but extinct— John Breaux of Louisiana, Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Tim Johnson of South Dakota. But the ayes also included Dianne Feinstein from California and Bob Torricelli from New Jersey.

Also notable were the two Senate Democrats who voted “present” and the five who skipped the vote - presumably not wanting to upset their progressive base but equally fearing retribution from nonideological tax-cut-loving Americans. In the end, only 31 Senate Democrats voted against the cuts. In the House, 28 Democrats supported the bill, from states that included New York, California, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon and Washington. Twenty-nine House Democrats didn’t vote.

Some in the press are making the laughable argument that these “yes” votes were responsible for the 2002 Senate defeats of Georgia’s Max Cleland and Missouri’s Jean Carnahan. In reality, those races hinged on Mr. Cleland’s national-security views and Mrs. Carnahan’s inexperience. The more illustrative cases are Ms. Landrieu and Mr. Johnson, Democrats who used their tax-cut votes to hold their seats narrowly in what was otherwise a rocking year for Republicans. To the extent their votes were used against them, it was only by other Democrats who tried purging the party of moderates.

Polls show that significant majorities of Americans love the idea of tax reform in general. These are more reliable indicators of public sentiment than the recent spate of media polls that show opposition to these specific Republican plans - and that reflect a lot of bogus analysis and scare tactics. What will matter to Republicans is the money Americans will ultimately find in their pockets, and the boost tax reform will give the economy and wages and jobs. Nor should they underestimate the delight many voters will experience from a vastly simplified tax process.

In short, there is very little to suggest Democrats benefit politically from sitting out this tax debate - beyond their saying so. And they’ve certainly done themselves no favors from a policy perspective. Had they been willing to negotiate, they likely could have spared their high-tax states the new limits that are coming on state and local tax deductions. They might have limited cuts to, or bracket expansions of, the top personal rate - given that President Trump is himself squishy on that issue. They might have increased the tax penalty on companies that are repatriating money from overseas. They might have killed a provision that will finally allow drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge - included to court the vote of Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski. Instead, they’ve got bupkus.

It’s no surprise, then, that Democrats are working so hard to recast the tax narrative in their favor. Republican fortunes aside, the question is whether a modern, progressive Democratic Party just committed an epic policy and political blunder - one they’ll have to live with for a decade.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/when-de...uts-1512086850
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #29
AugustWest23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Since I own a small Business, (Corporation, 14 employees), make a high personal income, and short form on my taxes, I will come out pretty good with this tax plan.

So what kind of pay increase will your current employees be getting and many new ones will you be hiring? Honestly, I hope you will be doing both.
AugustWest23 is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:39 PM   #30
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustWest23 View Post
So what kind of pay increase will your current employees be getting and many new ones will you be hiring? Honestly, I hope you will be doing both.
Why, ya need a job? Lol.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women