Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > ECCIE International > Central & South America > Costa Rica - Discussions/Reviews
Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70490
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47795
pyramider46370
bambino40457
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #16
Dragon77
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 40

Also if anyone knows of the best options for cellular communication down there as well. It would be much appreciated.
Dragon77 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #17
Ronin3
Premium Access

Encounters: 124

I used lucky dogg. Was very happy with them
Ronin3 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:20 PM   #18
greektime
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

So whats the plan here? everyone just going to meet up for drinks and mongering? share a condo? I'm in either way.
greektime is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #19
Dragon77
Gaining Momentum

Another couple of quick questions for anyone out there. Do you have to convert all your U.S. cash into local currency? Or is local currency just for dining and going out. Do the ticas prefer it one way or the other? Thanks again for the assistance.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #20
Ronin3
Premium Access

USD is fine. Most places will give you CR change back. Rate is roughly 500:1. It was 529 when I was there. But 500 males for easy math. Double whatever number is on the CR note and that's USD value. Example 10,000 is marked 10mil. Double the 10= 20USD
Old 03-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #21
dfrm65
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

USD works fine but a lot of places will screw you on the exchange. I always convert to colones
dfrm65 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:56 AM   #22
MinnesotaTommy
Registered Member

Default Just got back!!!

I just got back from 4 nights in Jaco at Cocal and 3 nights in San Jose at the Sportsmen. I went with Don at One Lucky Dog and he made all the room reservations and carted my ass around. He is the way to go!! It helps to have an insider make the arrangements for you.
MinnesotaTommy is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:24 AM   #23
CaptainMastPole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

I dont think OLD is as good as it use to be.

1. The new guy does not know what his website is offering. I asked about a trip out of San Jose. He told me the trip was intended to leave out of Jaco. I told him that is not what the website says. A couple of times he tried to pair me up with some golfing tour or something that was not what I asked about. I understand that I was a lone traveler and that if there were not other doing what I wanted to do it probably would not happen, but don't try to send me off on something I did not want.

2. I had an airport transfer set up thru them. I was met by a guy that barely spoke english. He told me he had to call the driver. I told him I needed to go to departures to exchange money. He told me that was not necessary, that the Hotels give the same exchange rate. I told him they did not and told him to tell the driver to meet me at departures. I got 530 in departures, Sportsman offers 510, not the same by far.

3. I make my change and head out. The same guy then calls the driver. It take about 10 minutes until the van arrives. The driver who is not Don (but is suppose to be his number 1 man) is on the phone. No offer of drink, no hello, no nothing. He gets off the phone and it seems like we are going to talk, his phone rings again and he tells me to hold on. He is on the phone for 2/3 of the trip to San Jose.

4. We were suppose to do a little refresher course of the important parts of San Jose. The driver says to me, "are you the one that wanted to do something in San Jose?" At this point I just want to get away from this guy. I tell him I did but not anymore. We get to the Sportsman Don told me the airport transfer was 35, with the tour it would be 42. No tour so I payed 35. The driver seemed confused. It appears that the rates differ. Of course I have made other contact now where I get the services OLD offered for less and it appears, for me at least, more reliable.

I miss Sid.

I am not saying OLD is bad, I am just telling you what my experience is with the NEW OLD and why I will not use them again.
CaptainMastPole is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #24
Mako113
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17
Default OLD

I have been an OLD supporter on this site and on CRT, and while it pains me to say it I agree with most of what you said. When I went last Spring it was still Sid and I had no complaints, fantastic service, and a beers in the cooler for the ride into town. And Sid was very interesting and entertaining to converse with.

I used OLD again in the Fall with Don at the helm. All my dealings with him personally were fine, exactly what I expected. When I arrived the driver was there and ready (not Don, though). I told him I needed to head up to departures for cash exchange and departure tax. He rolled his eyes and gave an equivalent response to "whatever". I wanted to leave my bag with him while I ran upstairs but I didn't even understand his response when I asked so I took it with me. Afterwards jumped in the vehicle, was never offered a drink of any kind and as you said he was on the phone the entire ride in.

My ride back to the airport was much better, Don himself provided transport, arrived early and was a cool guy and I enjoyed swapping CR stories with him. So in summary I am not saying I will not use or recommend OLD's services again, but I am at least willing to sample the competition which I would not have considered prior to my Fall trip.
Mako113 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #25
Dragon77
Gaining Momentum

Cool

Thanks again IXinerVI and everyone else for the advice. My friend and I have already booked our hotels already unfortunately. I wonder if OLD would just do transportation for us though...

My buddy and I intend to do a bit of sight seeing during the day since it is a bit slower than the evenings, so I at least would love to meet up and share a few drinks with all the great guys that contribute here. The odds of us meeting stateside is pretty slim. The first round is on me. PM me when when and where you guys intend to show up. We are staying @ Morgan's Cove since it is both close to Cocal, is Tica friendly, and we can get some peace and quiet when we need it.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #26
Ronin3
Premium Access

I plan on heading back in early May
Old 03-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #27
MinnesotaTommy
Registered Member

Default One Lucky Dog

I had Don himself at O.L.D. pick me up and take me to the Cocal in Jaco for 4 nights. He was great and had a cooler of beer and pop. I never experienced Sid (the old owner) so I can't comment there. Don knew the people at Cocal well, and I had a great room (reserved by him) and then Don himself picked me up and took me to the Sportsmen's for 3 nights. Again, he arranged the room (it was great), and picked me up and took me to the airport at the end.
He only charges for the rides and he gets a percentage from the hotels he books you in. He doesn't charge anything for reserving rooms and he can get rooms when we ourselves can't.. He has had trouble hiring competent help if he himself can't fit you in his schedule. Remember, the Ticos down there are on 'Tico time'. So Don has to do his own legwork and it's tough to be two places at the same time. I suggested that he hire a Tica or two as drivers. The Tica's have more of a work ethic than the Ticos in my opinion. But if you are a Chicago Cub fan, he may drop you off real close to see the Crocodiles on the road to Jaco. Real close..... as he is a die-hard St Louis Cardinal fan.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #28
MinnesotaTommy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon77 View Post
Thanks again IXinerVI and everyone else for the advice. My friend and I have already booked our hotels already unfortunately. I wonder if OLD would just do transportation for us though...

My buddy and I intend to do a bit of sight seeing during the day since it is a bit slower than the evenings, so I at least would love to meet up and share a few drinks with all the great guys that contribute here. The odds of us meeting stateside is pretty slim. The first round is on me. PM me when when and where you guys intend to show up. We are staying @ Morgan's Cove since it is both close to Cocal, is Tica friendly, and we can get some peace and quiet when we need it.
Ask Don. I am sure he will transport you!!!
Old 03-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #29
Dragon77
Gaining Momentum

Cool

Thanks again guys. I guess all that I have to do is contact Don through Lucky Dog then.

I should have my international T-Mobile phone by the first week of May. I'll post the phone number here for anyone who wants to me up for a drink in CR later.

I'll only use it for CR trips, and probably let it discontinue until my next trip. So no worries on spam messages.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:55 AM   #30
dfrm65
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

any of you guys still going in early may?
dfrm65 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women