Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47596
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 09-01-2023, 06:22 AM   #16
El-mo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Sure I have solutions, but, I'm not taking the time to respond here, because none of you have the open mindedness to even consider a reasonable solution, its just another thing to attack me, or anyone else.
I’m open minded. I’d like to hear any solution you may have. I’m just trying to get a feel for where you guys are in this issue.
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 06:42 AM   #17
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
I am no expert, but this seems off topic. How would you address the homeless situation?

Not off topic imo elmo

We are spending billions on the millions, not thousands of illegals that have flooded our country in the past 3 years

You take care of Americans first. Many changes need done

1. Mental health laws.... many homeless have severe mental problems that need to be addressed. Many need to be in mental institutions but today's. Laws prevent that. Certainly not a subject that can be answered in a post here

2. The system today is broke. 33 trillion in debt but let's take care of millions flooding our borders?
The country can't survive that. In the end u have to take care of those here first

Give the homeless a roof over their head and help BUT MAKE THEM WORK. SAME AS WELFARE change the laws. Noone should be able to live their life on welfare. If they are able to work
And make no mistake, the majority if people on welfare can
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 08:17 AM   #18
El-mo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
Not off topic imo elmo

We are spending billions on the millions, not thousands of illegals that have flooded our country in the past 3 years
It's absolutely off-topic, because no one asked which government expenditures you found wasteful. This is just as off topic as mentioning aid to Ukraine.

Quote:

1. Mental health laws.... many homeless have severe mental problems that need to be addressed. Many need to be in mental institutions but today's. Laws prevent that. Certainly not a subject that can be answered in a post here
Okay, now we're getting somewhere. You'd like to institutionalize the mentally ill. I think this is a reasonable point. I think we should all be willing to agree this should only apply to those with psychosis or severe illnesses like unmanaged schizophrenia, right? I don't know if you are aware, but depression and PTSD are categorized as severe and persistent mental illnesses, when they're providing stats about mental illness in homeless communities. The number of homeless people who have a mental illness that would prevent them from living a relatively normal life, if they had housing, is very small. They're just the most noticeable.

Quote:
2. The system today is broke. 33 trillion in debt but let's take care of millions flooding our borders?
The country can't survive that. In the end u have to take care of those here first
This isn't a proposal for what you would do for our most vulnerable citizens. This is deflection and scapegoating.

Quote:
Give the homeless a roof over their head and help BUT MAKE THEM WORK. SAME AS WELFARE change the laws. Noone should be able to live their life on welfare. If they are able to work
This is a reasonable policy proposal. I don't agree with it, but we don't have to agree. I just want to hear honest beliefs. I also don't expect anyone to have all the answers. It sound like you believe in some sort of public housing, or voucher program, with a work requirement. I don't believe it's feasible to limit the amount of time people participate, because wages have not kept up with housing costs. It's too easy for the gainfully employed to make too little to afford market-rate housing.
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:11 AM   #19
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Quote:
It's a great idea. Then take people who have been gutting the welfare system for years and .ake their lazy asses get a job.

Welfare was meant to be a life.long thing, it started as a stop gap but of coarse people abuse it and make it their way of life.
There are a lot more white people in America who are homeless and/or on welfare than any other class of people. And this mindless trope that it's just a "Democrat city" thing is so far off-base, it barely deserves conversation.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:19 AM   #20
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:

You take care of Americans first. Many changes need done

Interesting, seems like our healthcare system is partly to blame here since "institutions" have become the pariah of todays' society. We actually feel bad and blame a society that wants to institutionalize ppl vs. pushing them into society and watch them fail due to not being mentally capable or stable enough to actually thrive. Note- not all homeless ppl are drug addicts or suffer from severe mental issues, but it is a population that has a higher % of ppl who resort to those / evolve toward mental health due to being forced into living in a unforgiving way. Are there some who scam or are just dropping out of society to get a freebie- well I doubt it, but there likely could be a few out there who do, and likely live in southerly climates that are either warm or atleast have large social nets for homeless ppl.

So, a system that is broke, as state above due to billions spent on migrants...Nope. Billions is what is spent on propping up other governments, and the military who at last count, couldn't not account for 220 BILLION dollars in gear, with the estimate being much higher. Wanna get some extra billions to take care of the blight in America- Make the military account for the spend on equipment. It's not like the spend is on salaries, cause they pay enlisted men and women peanuts for risking their lives.

How about Government earmarks and over spend, or tax incentives that benefit only the top 2%? What about pork projects like bridges to no-where, or pie in the sky ideas.

Oh the energy independence group-- remember the time when we were supposedly energy independent? Well it was during the covid lockdowns, no need for gasoline and prices fell to a point where even oil companies and retailers lost their asses. If nobody was driving, of course the price fell below 2.00. But fast forward to a thriving economy and ppl getting back to normal and gasoline and oil has too. How many well owners, or drillers went out of business due to the huge over production days, and get rich on natural gas days? Again, more normalized now, but those companies will never make that same mistake twice,..mostly cause 1/2 of them went under or were bought for pennies on the dollar by competitors. No Trump policies or Biden policies will change how a company spends millions to drill a hole in the ground, when there is plenty of production to meet demands.

Funny- Seems we haven't run out of gas, or gasoline. So literally it's a matter of we have plenty- it's just we ran out of the 2.00 gasoline and now we have the 3.84 gasoline that's available. Same gas,....different price.

Who's to blame for that?

I'll give you a hint----it's not any administration, either for the pro or the con. It's the Oil companies who sell it on an open market, here or abroad.

Its supply and demand at work.

Now back to those pesky homeless ppl. What I heard so far is that Money will fix the problem. Sadly that won't do it either. THere needs to be social services available. (boots on the ground). You know all those shitty degree'd ppl who have jobs with a background in social sciences. Those same ppl who borrowed money to get a 4 yr degree, but can't get a job that pays more than 40k. It's those ppl who would be able to find solutions. Based in empathy and care, and results. Back when religion wasn't a good paying job, (now it's a gold rush), but when they actually did the right thing, for sake of doing the right thing. Not the political right thing; You know the old WWJD?

He surely wouldn't tell ppl to fuck off and get off his lawn. Or kick the can down the street. He wouldn't make them criminals. He'd likely embrace those who were weak and hence we even created a public shrine to welcome those once upon a time.

Even on the statue of liberty there is a little ditty below:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the HOMELESS, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:28 AM   #21
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Now back to those pesky homeless ppl. What I heard so far is that Money will fix the problem. Sadly that won't do it either. THere needs to be social services available. (boots on the ground). You know all those shitty degree'd ppl who have jobs with a background in social sciences. Those same ppl who borrowed money to get a 4 yr degree, but can't get a job that pays more than 40k. It's those ppl who would be able to find solutions. Based in empathy and care, and results. Back when religion wasn't a good paying job, (now it's a gold rush), but when they actually did the right thing, for sake of doing the right thing. Not the political right thing; You know the old WWJD?

He surely wouldn't tell ppl to fuck off and get off his lawn. Or kick the can down the street. He wouldn't make them criminals. He'd likely embrace those who were weak and hence we even created a public shrine to welcome those once upon a time.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Today's conservatives have almost zero interest in the teachings of Jesus or what America has actually stood for for over 200 years. All they want is money and power for they themselves, and nobody else.
Old 09-01-2023, 10:47 AM   #22
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

We could just abort all the homeless, post birth abortion is legal in New York isn't it?

I mean, we kill off hundreds of thousands of kids every year, Soylent green them after taking them to the suicide booths, and feed the Homeless Soylent to the illegals, solve two problems with one solution.

At the rate we're going, cannabilism can't be far behind, If you can't eat foie gras, in NYC, how about the homeless?
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:22 PM   #23
tommy156
BANNED

In other words, and to repeat, conservatives have no solutions. Only white grievance.
Old 09-01-2023, 01:46 PM   #24
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
There are a lot more white people in America who are homeless and/or on welfare than any other class of people. And this mindless trope that it's just a "Democrat city" thing is so far off-base, it barely deserves conversation.

Wtf does my post have to do with race and where did I discuss democratic cities ?

Gee elmo is his post off topic? Guess since he isn't right of center its okay....
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:57 PM   #25
El-mo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Wtf does my post have to do with race and where did I discuss democratic cities ?

Gee elmo is his post off topic? Guess since he isn't right of center its okay....

I’m sorry, I haven’t read any of his replies. I didn’t come here to engage with anyone left of center. I wanted people on the right to tell me, in their own words, how they thought our society could address these problems. I’m not interested in what anyone else has to say about the subject, because I’m not playing partisan politics. This is born out of a genuine curiosity about what you guys actually believe.
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 02:25 PM   #26
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
We could just abort all the homeless, post birth abortion is legal in New York isn't it?

I mean, we kill off hundreds of thousands of kids every year, Soylent green them after taking them to the suicide booths, and feed the Homeless Soylent to the illegals, solve two problems with one solution.

At the rate we're going, cannabilism can't be far behind, If you can't eat foie gras, in NYC, how about the homeless?

So your solution is for us to eat the homeless? C'mon man, how about not mixing abortion into the topic and provide some thoughtful solutions.

Something from the heart n soul of Devo?
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 04:09 PM   #27
Iceman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
You know the old WWJD?

Jesus could work miracles, I don't know anyone who can today.

When that inscription was written on the statue of liberty, we had plenty of space and resources to accommodate more people.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 05:55 PM   #28
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

What would I do about homelessness?

Nothing. Much lile Eccie’s point system taking care of problems one way or another so would simply treating the homeless like any other person.
Break laws? Prison.
Illegal alien? Deported.
After that the problem will sort itself out one way or another.
Giving them free food and shelter and supplies only encourages them to continue their behavior. So do nothing and let Darwin handle it.
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 09:28 PM   #29
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Good question. Obviously not a simple answer. One thing we can’t allow is for homeless to sleep, shit, piss and loiter any damn place they feel like.
Most are addicts or mentally challenged. It’s hard to relate how they got to the point of living on a city sidewalk.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 12:47 PM   #30
Devo
Valued Poster

Why not just make being homeless illegal?

Another law, seems to work for every other problem we have, just pass another law, and the homeless will comply.

Have any of you heard the term "Poor rates"?

Do some research, see the problems that occurred centuries ago with abusing "Welfare", and how nothing, not one damn thing has changed today, with the exception our "Poor rates" cost a hell of a lot more, and the number of people who abuse it, and far higher.

We can't take care of the homeless, because we are broke, we can't print enough money to solve the problem, likely NEVER will the homeless problem end, until those among us who pay the bills can't, when our money buys bread like they did in the Weimar Republic after WW1, and our entire economy collapes.

Bluntly, nothing we say here is going to help.
Devo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women