Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162649
Yssup Rider60408
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48454
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41655
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36042
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #16
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default COG

You are seriously pulling my chain.

1959 lets see a U2 was shot down and wrecked a summitt. The plans were laid for the Bay of Pigs. Fins on cars were radical and stupid looking.

We did trade weapons for hostages and did it backdoor so Carter would not get the satisfaction. Then we sent them to Contra Rebels so they could shoot nuns. We set up the Panamanian president as a drug fighter and then later invaded the country to get him out.

Your post is borderline hysterical and lately I am frankly worried about you. Are you posting late in the evening after another night of no sex and drinking cheap liquor?

I had hoped that you did not live in one of those places that only opened from the outside with a code.

Any impeachment talk should have been done on waterboarding and we all know the folks that allowed that.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

This guy promised "change". He was going to be "different". Even the most "transparent" administration in history. In defense of him, all you are offering is that "he is no different than anyone else."

Sorry, doesn't cut it in my book. He may not have known about the operation, but he knows about the cover up. That caused Nixon to resign, Clinton to be impeached, and should have led to the impeachment of Reagan and Bush II.

The only reason President Obama will not be impeached is because we have lowered our standards and expectations of the caliber of person we allow to be POTUS. It's sad, but you are right. We need to expect corruption, cover up, and lies from our leaders. God Bless America!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default 2 of us

Ok yesterday I was accused of being a dreamer and having illusions. Now you join me however in a much more cynical fashion.

I am repeating again that what is happening is in reaction to the scenario he inherited at the time.

I believe in universal health care. I respect that he is the only President in anyone's lifetime to get legislation that will be beneficial over the long haul. Modified and enhanced over time ..............why yes of course.

What the once in a lifetime opportunity did was divert the focus from jobs. Tough choice to make for America and we got the one we did and now have to do the other.

I blame the Republicans for lack of jobs. With all the negativity and uncertainty and political selfishness they produce I would not run out and hire either.

In my opinion the GOP will fracture and be defeated. It will fall victim to forced pledges(read m lips) and now social litmus tests too(sanctity of marriage pledge) by the right.

The majority in the house will be reversed or reduced significantly as people learn that they were phonies and ill equipped to accept the responsibilities and produced nothing but gridlock.

Rope a bunch of Dopes
Old 07-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Ah, catnip. You still believe there is a fundamental difference between Democrats and Republicans. The differences are only cosmetic, and for show. Look behind either party and you see the same faces, the same donors, and the same result.

We need new leadership across the board. But that would take Americans out of their secure little comfort zone. Yes, I'm cynical, but cynical with a smile! I still love life, and except for brief moments when government stupidity exceeds even the bounds we've come to expect, I'm enjoying the ride.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #20
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default COG

The only person with the balls to go dramatically forward is in the White House. Everyone else is talking about burning, cutting, slashing, repealing, signing loyalty oaths, stopping immigrants, showing I.D. when stopped, taking a woman's privacy and freedom, killing the arts, disbelieving global warming and worshipping at the corporate and Koch troughs. This sets us on a path of
going hell bent backwards to 195fucking9.

No vision, no guts, and sadly no glory from the pasty white boys in the horned rim glasses and 1st lieutenant haircuts.

They bitch that we used to be something and that we were leaders and now they are trying for the biggest U fucking turn in our history.

If you wanna do girls in poodle skirts then wait for Halloween or invite someone to dress up in the privacy of your home.

I am only cynical when I see good people deluded and negative from the propoganda fed by the right wing nabobs.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

God love ya, Catnip! If you're happy in your world, go for it! One of us is delusional, and I am fully aware that it could be me. Still, I think having a beer with you would be fun, but I will wear a helmet!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:55 AM   #22
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

ATFE should be part of the FBI, not Justice. Then if could get the power it needs to do it's job. A "gun walk" is low tech. The ATFE's hands are tied by the NRA lobby and that's all they can do. So people die. Blame the NRA lobbyists for that.

The NRA wants to keep the ATFE alive but weak. Weak gets you dead border agents. Hope you're happy with that.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:01 AM   #23
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Now it appears the Justice Department under the able leadership of John Mitchell, er, that is, Eric Holder, is impeding the investigation. Can you say "Nixon?" The only difference here is that no one died at the Watergate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...est=latestnews
Can you see how things would be different if the ATFE was part of the FBI instead of part of Justice?

(this is where you tell me I'm right again)
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #24
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
ATFE should be part of the FBI, not Justice. Then if could get the power it needs to do it's job. A "gun walk" is low tech. The ATFE's hands are tied by the NRA lobby and that's all they can do. So people die. Blame the NRA lobbyists for that.

The NRA wants to keep the ATFE alive but weak. Weak gets you dead border agents. Hope you're happy with that.
LM please illustrate this connection please. How is the NRA tying the ATF's hands. I understand that your anti gun, but you may be reaching on this connection.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #25
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
Can you see how things would be different if the ATFE was part of the FBI instead of part of Justice?

(this is where you tell me I'm right again)
LM, the FBI, ATFE, ICE, DEA all fall under DOJ control. The FBI is not a stand alone entity. ALL Federal LE falls under DOJ control. You speak as if the FBI is an organization that does not fuck shit up. You are very misguided in that belief my friend.

The problem with this whole situation is that we have to do it, what we should be doing it putting pressure on the countrys from which these violent organization thrive to deal with their own problems, but once again we are the worlds policemen. What I dont understand about the operation is why we were concerned with following the trail to begin with. Our jurisdiction ends at the border, we should have just be concerned with the law breakers on our side.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #26
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

The NRA? ROFLMAO!!!! Yeah, like the NRA would have a "no shoot" policy. Longer, you're hysterical!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #27
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Sorry, I've been away for a few days.
Iran-Contra had two components; Iran and the Nicaraugan guerrillas. The democratically controlled Congress had passed the Boland amendment which made it illegal for the president (Ronald Reagan) to perform his constitutionally mandated job which is foreign policy. The US was supporting the anti-communists Contras against Daniel Ortega and with the power to send funds was cut off the White House found other means. (Footnote: the Boland amendment has been declared unconstitutional by many scholars but it has never been challenged since you can never know how the Supreme Court will go. No one wants to take the chance that the court will go against them.)
There were hostages being held in Lebanon and Reagan wanted them back. Marine Colonel Higgins had been brutalized and hung by the terrorists. His body was dumped outside the US embassy and photos sent to the press. According to his testimony Lt. Colonel Oliver North was tasked with getting the hostages back any way possible. We had a number of weapons that had been purchased by the Shah of Iran that had never been delivered to Iran. Oliver North cut a complicated deal where Iran would pay again for the weapons (that were pretty much obsolete and without black boxes) and money from Iran would be diverted to the Contras in Central America. Iran would put pressure on the terrorists in Lebanon to release our hostages alive. North testified that he made the decision and Reagan was only informed after the fact. Reagan went on primetime TV and told the nation that after an investigation he had unknowingly traded arms for hostages. Oliver North did not go to prison. Anyone killed by those weapons would have been Iraqi soldiers in the Iraq-Iranian war. Iran was not known for killing civilians unlike Iraq.
Reagan was not impeached, nor was a legitimate attempt ever made as it would call into question the Boland amendment. The House and Senate were controlled by the democratic party so do the math. They knew they had no case merely something to bellyache about.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #28
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Sorry, I've been away for a few days.
Iran-Contra had two components; Iran and the Nicaraugan guerrillas. The democratically controlled Congress had passed the Boland amendment which made it illegal for the president (Ronald Reagan) to perform his constitutionally mandated job which is foreign policy. The US was supporting the anti-communists Contras against Daniel Ortega and with the power to send funds was cut off the White House found other means. (Footnote: the Boland amendment has been declared unconstitutional by many scholars but it has never been challenged since you can never know how the Supreme Court will go. No one wants to take the chance that the court will go against them.)
There were hostages being held in Lebanon and Reagan wanted them back. Marine Colonel Higgins had been brutalized and hung by the terrorists. His body was dumped outside the US embassy and photos sent to the press. According to his testimony Lt. Colonel Oliver North was tasked with getting the hostages back any way possible. We had a number of weapons that had been purchased by the Shah of Iran that had never been delivered to Iran. Oliver North cut a complicated deal where Iran would pay again for the weapons (that were pretty much obsolete and without black boxes) and money from Iran would be diverted to the Contras in Central America. Iran would put pressure on the terrorists in Lebanon to release our hostages alive. North testified that he made the decision and Reagan was only informed after the fact. Reagan went on primetime TV and told the nation that after an investigation he had unknowingly traded arms for hostages. Oliver North did not go to prison. Anyone killed by those weapons would have been Iraqi soldiers in the Iraq-Iranian war. Iran was not known for killing civilians unlike Iraq.
Reagan was not impeached, nor was a legitimate attempt ever made as it would call into question the Boland amendment. The House and Senate were controlled by the democratic party so do the math. They knew they had no case merely something to bellyache about.
John I have missed you. Please don't go away like that again and at the very least, please check in before you leave. We were worried.

I must have missed it in your post, but if the Boland amendment was so horrible and restrictive to the executive branch, why did Reagan sign it? Reagan was quite the diplomat though, which could be why he signed it. If you don't believe me about how diplomatic he was, just remember he was the last U.S. President to negotiate with terrorists.

John, I miss the days you were so easy to read, but with your posts blaming the Dems for everything while conveniently forgetting a GOP executive branch had to sign the law, it has made it much easier. You just cannot help yourself can you?
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

JD, you got it exactly right, except in my opinion the President is responsible for what his staff does, whether he knows it or not. Had the Democrats had the balls, they would have started impeachment proceedings. However, since the President didn't actually know about the deal, it would make sense he would sign the Boland amendment. He intended to comply with it.

Don't bother to get into it with Papa. No Democrat ever even farted, let alone commit an error. He doesn't even believe that Nancy Pelosi has bowel movements. Much too pure for that.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women