Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70440
biomed160778
Yssup Rider60136
gman4452954
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47648
pyramider46370
bambino40371
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35499
Mojojo33117

Old 12-17-2017, 05:14 AM   #16
LexusLover
Valued Poster

"Health Premiums"?

It just occurred to me that now that "sexual harassment" accusations are no longer of value in defeating a candidate are we now back to health care issues?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #17
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

With out the tax penalty people can buy the policy they want and avoid the tax

seems cheaper to me

The Issue is pre-existing conditions where obamacare premiums will go up in the individual market as people buy or not buy what they want and all the subsidy cases and preexisting cases languish
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:56 AM   #18
StandinStraight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
With out the tax penalty people can buy the policy they want and avoid the tax

seems cheaper to me

The Issue is pre-existing conditions where obamacare premiums will go up in the individual market as people buy or not buy what they want and all the subsidy cases and preexisting cases languish
No it’s not cheaper and it has nothing to do with policy choice it has to do with the simple fact that if less people participate in the insurance pool rates go up. The mandate was incentive to participate, now it’s gone, rates will increase. It’s that simple. If car insurance wasn’t mandatory your auto insurance rates would go up for the same reason. Don’t be such a block head and think for once and it will make sense to you !
StandinStraight is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #19
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandinStraight View Post
No it’s not cheaper and it has nothing to do with policy choice it has to do with the simple fact that if less people participate in the insurance pool rates go up. The mandate was incentive to participate, now it’s gone, ....
Have you ever explained how a $1200 annual fee is an "incentive" to spend $12,000 annually?

I'm still looking for your explanation, PROFESSOR!
Old 12-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #20
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
No it’s not cheaper and it has nothing to do with policy choice it has to do with the simple fact that if less people participate in the insurance pool rates go up. The mandate was incentive to participate, now it’s gone, rates will increase. It’s that simple. If car insurance wasn’t mandatory your auto insurance rates would go up for the same reason. Don’t be such a block head and think for once and it will make sense to you !
Hey trollboy, premiums were already increasing at double-digit annual rates both BEFORE and AFTER odumbocare was passed in 2010. The ACA is a colossal failure. Buying insurance in the individual marketplace is now as costly as a home mortgage. Fully 45% of all counties in the US have either one or zero insurers currently offering coverage. The dim-retards who crafted the ACA refused to allow interstate competition by insurers or put a cap on lawsuit awards - two provisions that would have pushed down premiums. They also forced insurers to cover a long list of "essential benefits" whether consumers need them or not, thereby driving up costs and making it impossible to pick and choose your coverage.

So guess what, asshole - it's not "that simple" at all. There are many factors at play here, but you're too much of an ignorant partisan hack to discuss anything more complicated than your fucking belly button.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #21
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
StandingInShit's Party still hasn't offered any option.
They have, its called single payer!!!
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #22
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Can you read?

You merely restated what I said but in a disagreeable manner

I said people will now buy what they want and the subsidy cases and pre existing cases will be left in the Obamacare (cess) pool

Yes left to languish in an ever increasing death spiral
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #23
gnadfly
Account Disabled

How will I tell the difference? My monthly premium has tripled in the past 7 years. This coming year is the lowest increase both as an amount and a percent.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:35 AM   #24
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
No it’s not cheaper and it has nothing to do with policy choice ...
Just because it doesn't for you doesn't mean the same for everyone else ..... there are a lot of choices people can make that will reduce their monthly premiums.

You seem to believe everyone has to have health insurance, also.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:06 AM   #25
StandinStraight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Just because it doesn't for you doesn't mean the same for everyone else ..... there are a lot of choices people can make that will reduce their monthly premiums.

You seem to believe everyone has to have health insurance, also.
No not everyone has to have health insurance but if you did not you were subject to a fine, that was the mandate. Rather than pay the fine most people purchased the insurance and made the risk pool larger. When the mandate is gone so Is the incentive to insure yourself, now these same people will choose to go without insurance. The risk pool decreases and insurance rates increase.
The ACA also made sure that policies sold by insurance companies were not crappy policies that offered little in protection, the attraction being lower premiums. The problem is if you had one of these policies and became ill you lost everything. The insurance companies are not on your side, they want zero claims, they want to sell you garbage policies that put them at minimal risk. If allowed all policies will have a max benefit that will be way under what is necessary to avoid catastrophic health costs. So understand where we are headed under republican plans for your health insurance, lower cost crappy policies that are designed by the insurer to minimize claims and increase profits. Consumer protections would be stripped away and we would all be one illness away from financial ruin. No consumer that understands this would want it to happen, that is why Trump depends on the uneducated to pass bad laws.
StandinStraight is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:26 AM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
No not everyone has to have health insurance but if you did not you were subject to a fine, that was the mandate.
Wrong again! The mandate is not a "fine"! It's a tax. Remember?

I wish you could see the nonlogic of charging a tax that is less money out of pocket than if one does the something that costs more if one doesn't pay the tax.

Let me explain it AGAIN in math...

Why would anyone feel FORCED to pay $12,000 a year by a $1,200 tax?

Now Liberals like yourself would?

But that's why Gruber laughed at you! And still is laughing.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:33 AM   #27
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:

The ACA also made sure that policies sold by insurance companies were not crappy policies that offered little in protection, the attraction being lower premiums.
You also have this wrong.

Major medical policies are not "crappy policies."

And if you don't believe me ... do some research and look at all the EXEMPTIONS issued by the Obaminable Administration ... "health services" Secretary ... AKA "The Secretary" in the ACA.

You conveniently forget that the ALLEGED original purpose of the ACA was to assure that those who didn't have insurance, but wanted insurance, could "afford" insurance that provided them with basic health care coverage. That number, after correcting the data, boiled down to about 11 million people from the over-estimation of "50 million" and even the most generous computations put it at around 30 million.

And you are a "professor" ...? You should be teaching facts! Not bullshit.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #28
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Nope Obama promised that. Low premiums, high as fuck deductibles and co-pays, Provisional coverage for preexisting conditions, selective treatment. Like anything else some will win, some will lose. Nothing special about it. Trumpcare might have a few tweaks but not much better, it is what it is. Stop trying to underscore Republicans. The Democrats aren't doing any better in terms of Healthcare reform.

Jim
He's to stupid to know better
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #29
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Insurance premiums are going up regardless of any tax reform. I fail to see the connection.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #30
goodolboy
Looking for my ATF

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Yea it's been great, before Obamacare I paid $350 a month and a $2 K deductible for a family of 3. Today, since Obama's "affordable" care act I pay $1,350 a month and a $5K deductible. I am sure glad all those people bought insurance and made my premiums go down $2,200 a year like Obama promised.

Supposedly Obama added tens of millions onto the health insurance roles, so why has my insurance rates gone up about 400% under Obamacare with so many more people in the "pool"?

{"Originally Posted by StandinStraight

The ACA also made sure that policies sold by insurance companies were not crappy policies that offered little in protection, the attraction being lower premiums."}

Yea, because it's real important that older people have maternity coverage and free birth control. Lots of 60 + YO people having baby's and need maternity coverage.
goodolboy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women