Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47585
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35412
Mojojo33117

Old 07-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #16
Kshunter
Premium Access

Encounters: 99

Dipper, you're going to spend some really frustrated times over the next year and a half or so....
Kshunter is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

SOTF how did you get so smart? Why aren't you running for office?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #18
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default History

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnipdipper View Post
What did Jesus Say........................

He said many things. 1. was to advise never to have anal sex. That is in Leviticus somewhere.

2. Was to suggest caring from the poor regardless of the source of the help. His teachings helped spawn the Robin Hood craze and the idea that everyone gets to wet your beak just don't be greedy. That part is in Ephesians 6

3. Avoid the elderly males among you that entreat and entice the young and virginal and pure of heart by offering gifts and pleasantries. All ye women if ye give it up to these men maketh them giveth most of whateth they have in earthly possessions and let them live in the warehouses of the poor and unclean in Wichita.
Catnipper,

You just made this stuff up. Some of us had to read the bible when we were young. It is required reading for every educated person in western society.

By the way, the comment Jesus had on homosexual behavior was indirect. When he was asked to comment on Sodom and Gomorrah (See the Book of Genesis for the story of S&G and google it for recent discoveries on finding evidence about how they were distroyed) his answer (I don't have time to look it up again to refresh my memory) was that the problem was they did not care for the children, they were only concerned with their own pleasure.

If you look it up, with commentary, read it carefully. He did not condemn pleasure. He commented that they did not care for the children (and by reference, their family). It was the concept of family and the Jewish tribe that set the Jewish people apart from their neighbors.

Enough history lessons for now.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #19
Seomon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Cute Old Guy said something very sensible in one of his posts... I wish he would repost the link - hopefully, that'll help everyone understand how sensible MOST of us are and how unreasonable a few of us are being.
Seomon is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #20
Starry69
Valued Poster

Quote:
Lastly, I'm pretty sure "whateth" is not a real word
I don't think so either, but that was some funny stuff!
Starry69 is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Seomon ALL of my posts say something reasonable! LOL! You'll have to be more specific.

Stacy, you get more attractive all the time. We will discuss the Fair Tax sometime soon. In person.

Catnip, ah, Whateth ever.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #22
Seomon
Valued Poster

@ Cute Old Guy. Ask and you shal receive:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=245808

A smart and reasonable post.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Ah, yes. That one will be in my "Best of COG" thread.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #24
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default As information

I am a confirmed Lutheran. That means I spent the greater part of my youth in Sunday School, Saturday Study, Summer Bible Camp and required attendance at church. I also had to write a thesis to be confirmed.

Then I went to a 4 year Presbeterian College that had old and new testament, religious philosophy. mandatory chapel and much more.

Some folks have no humor. Anal sex was meant by me to speak against Greek or the number 6 cause of hemmoroids in the U.S.

Whateth, whicheth, whereveerth, and howeth are all legit in the Ozarks and in those religions that involve snake handling.

Now I will never ever get how if you cut spending to stimulate the economy how that works when you could be removing 8-10% of the GDP at one time. I guess after you overcome that then you begin to catch up out of the hole?

In a business you make no money on a customer you don't have. You don't win a poker hand when you don't ante. You have to play to win and we need a jolt not a bunch of foolish cuts.

"Yea verily I say unto the selfish sinners that have cast out the middle to keep the spoils for themselves, woe unto you whenevereth the unclean and hungry find your home, a plague upon and a pox upon your accounts for they shall be taken and spread among the needy. You shall be cast out and an R imprinted upon thy brow to mark you as unclean and uncaring."

Copernicious 6, verse 12
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #25
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Come ye forward and I shall endeavor to enlighten you. Business hates uncertainty, any uncertainty. The tax code, the debt, regulations, foreign affairs all give business the willies (that is a business specific term).
Spending is out of control. Acknowledge that as true. Business looks at Greece and wonders if that is where the US is heading. Uncertainty! There are two ways out of debt, raising money or cutting spending. Who will win the debate? The White House or Congress? Uncertainty! If taxes are raised then people in general will have less income to spend on items that business is selling. If taxes are raised on the rich then big ticket items not being purchased will cost the jobs for regular people who build, ship, and sell those items. If taxes are raised on business only then that cuts right to job creation. New equipment which creates jobs is paid for with profits that the White House wants to tax. More uncertainty!

It is more sensible to cut spending and easier. With all the reports of waste the Congress could mandate an across the board cut of 10% yearly not over 10 years. This Congress cannot dictate what the next Congress will do. That is a canard that has been played for years. Yes, even defense could be cut but remember that dollars spent are lives saved. The executive branch (the White House) is responsible for appointing the managers of the money. If a manager chooses to give huge, unearned bonuses instead of paying for basic needs that manager needs to be shown the door with prejudice. That means no pension or benefits, FIRED!
Congress has been responsible for looking the other way on the off chance that one of them may end up in an administration. This administration is particular has wasted billions of dollars replenishing union pension funds and paying off cronies.
How many of you have called their representatives this week?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #26
Seomon
Valued Poster

JD no business is wondering if we are turning into Greece. That's sheer hyperbole.

The tax code, foreign affairs, et al, business can handle. They have been for centuries with no problems. Good businesses rise above uncertainty.

And turning this debt ceiling debate into a conversation over business uncertainty is a bit of a stretch. Spending DOES need to be cut - the Dems and the Reps both agree; it's just how and that's where it gets messy. And I don't think SENSIBLE people are asking for the burden of tax increases to be only on the middle class or the wealthy. As COG stated, it's got to be mutual sacrifice.

Some people are opposed to a tax increase regardless of our priorities. For instance, Bush fought terrorists and NO ONE, I mean NO ONE (Dem or Rep) sought to pay (raise revenues) for something that most Americans deem vitally important. That's the equivalent of an individual demanding something expensive (like healthcare) and refusing to pay for it. Simply asinine and stupid.

Now, it's time to pay AND cut. This means raising revenues (raise taxes) for things like fighting terrorists, and cutting things like waste and non-essential programs and/or entitlements. You have to do BOTH, not one or the other. And EVERYONE must share the burden because the terrorists are willing to kill middle class and wealthy folks alike (despite the fact that the wealthy are likelier to create jobs).

And don't tell me about firing people over unearned bonuses because many (AND I MEAN MANY) of the jerks who significantly contributed to our economic malaise (namely bank executives, ratings agencies,FANNIE MAE/FREDDIE MAC and many in the real estate industry), got bonuses, got paid, and kept their jobs even though they FUBARed everything. Incompetence exists everywhere, and it gets paid just as well in private industry as it does in government. Believe me, I've seen it first-hand in both places.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #27
BottomFeederKC
Tequila?

Encounters: 177

Im confused. Are we talking about 19 year old girls? :0~
BottomFeederKC is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #28
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Seomon, I must take issue with you. I'm as incompetent as anybody, but I'm STILL broke!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #29
Seomon
Valued Poster

@Bottomfeeder and @ COG Brilliant gentlemen, simply brilliant.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #30
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Default Stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnipdipper View Post
Copernicious 6, verse 12
You think you are funny, don't you. Your made up quotes are just sick. Not because you are making fun of religion. They are sick because it is a lie. I have no respect for someone who intentionally lies. It is not a joke when you make up stuff just to talk.

Copernicious ??? WTF, that is just stupid. I know the story of science and religion better than most. This is not funny, just stupid.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women