Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47751
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-02-2018, 08:43 PM   #16
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Please! Fellas, I’m not insulting you personally, by name or even by ideology. I don’t constantly complain about “lib-tards” or “the left” or whatever you’re calling most Americans these days.

Lighten up.

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:35 AM   #17
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Hi, Jack!

I like sausage egg mcmuffins the best.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #18
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Hi, Jack!
Are you accusing me of misconduct?
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #19
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Hijacking the thread. Nothing new. And yes I am.

Seems to be the new strategy around here.

Far easier than making excuses for the erratic and often criminal behavior of your leader.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #20
gnadfly
Account Disabled

In looking at the documents he took off the table, wouldn't Presidential privilege apply? Even though it was GWB's presidency, I don't see a lot of documents being made public of other President's confidential conversations with underlings.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #21
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
friday night document massacre????

really Chuckie, is that the best wailing you can come up with?

And were they not whining a few weeks back of having TOO MANY DOcuments to go through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
So much for kicking Trump out of office!

Hopefully, the Governor will make his decision based upon expediency and political reality and not emotions.

I can imagine "the Mrs" being vindictive.

I also agree, let's hope he doesn't just appoint Ms Mccain, just for expediency..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:19 PM   #22
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Hijacking the thread. Nothing new. And yes I am.

Seems to be the new strategy around here.

Far easier than making excuses for the erratic and often criminal behavior of your leader.
I reject your characterization. If you were a gentleman, you would retract it.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #23
Yssup Rider
BANNED

If you were a gentleman, you wouldn’t hijack the thread.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:34 PM   #24
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Why would the Trump administration do such a thing?

How is this “the most transparent administration ever.”

Maybe Congress will have grounds to subpoena these documents and the Orange Sphincter as well.

Or maybe he’ll show up to a press conference with a pallet ful” of blank pages, like he did before?

Stinks to high heaven, for a change.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/01/polit...nts/index.html

Trump admin withholds 100,000-plus pages of Kavanaugh docs

(CNN) — The Trump administration will hold back more than 100,000 pages of documents related to Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's service because the White House and the Department of Justice have determined they are protected by constitutional privilege, according to a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

William Burck, a lawyer charged by former President George W. Bush with reviewing the documents housed in the presidential library, disclosed the exemptions in a letter to Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley on Friday. Burck explained that, in all, he received just under 664,000 pages of documents and that Bush had directed him to "proceed expeditiously" and "err as much as appropriate on the side of transparency and disclosure."
Burck said he has given the committee "every reviewable" document that he received except those that fell into exemptions that included "presidential records protected by constitutional privilege."

The disclosure comes days before Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings, which are slated to begin Tuesday, and intensifies a battle between Grassley, who says he has produced a record number of documents, and Senate democrats who question the review being led by lawyers for the Trump administration and Bush. Democratic senators argue that Grassley is refusing to produce documents from Kavanaugh's years serving as staff secretary in the White House from 2003 to 2006.

Where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh stands on key issues
Senate Minority leader Chuck Schumer called the decision to withhold the documents a "Friday night document massacre."

"President Trump's decision to step in at the last moment and hide 100,000 pages of Judge Kavanaugh's records from the American public is not only unprecedented in the history of Supreme Court nominations, it has all the makings of a cover up," he said in a statement.

Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee countered that Burck's letter provided a "full accounting" of Kavanaugh's records and that Grassley has expanded access to confidential material beyond that for any other Supreme Court nominee. In a release, the committee pointed out that Grassley had promised to facilitate the release of another set of documents, currently available only to members, if senators keep their requests targeted to specific documents.

White House principal deputy press secretary Raj Shah responded on Twitter to Schumer by saying that the Senate Judiciary Committee requested access to "non privileged" presidential records. "That has been satisfied to the tune of over 440,000 pages of executive branch documents, more than what was produced for the past five #Scotus nominees combined," he wrote.
Kavanaugh's confirmation is complicated by the sheer number of emails that exist during his years in the White House. In 2005, for instance, Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, a Democrat who was then in the minority, requested documents from then-chief justice nominee John Robert's service in the Office of Solicitor General during Robert's confirmation battle.

Then-Assistant Attorney General William E. Moschella wrote back that the department had determined that documents pertaining to "internal discussions" among lawyers were covered by both "deliberative process privilege" and "attorney-client privilege." But the privilege was never formally asserted.

When Starr, Kavanaugh were worried about a Clinton pardon
In his letter, Burck defined the withheld documents as those that "reflect deliberations and candid advice concerning the selection of judicial candidates" as well as advice submitted directly to Bush, substantive communications between White House staff about discussions with the President and "substantive deliberative discussions relating to or about executive orders or legislation considered by the Executive Office."
Suck it up butter cup...he's going to get confirmed and ain't a dam thing you on the left can do about it
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #25
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:

going off topic (hijacking) in a thread is nothing new in case you haven't noticed.

they are common as bed bugs.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:40 PM   #26
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Diverting the discussion to the subject of "hijacking" is itself a form of hijacking the thread.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #27
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Diverting the discussion to the subject of "hijacking" is itself a form of hijacking the thread.
I'm delighted to discuss the original subject, IBH. Others here, including you now, aren't.

I think this move is in and of itself not particularly outrageous, except for the fact that it's yet another action committed against transparency by the hypocritical regime, which of course parallel's his repeated claim that his administration is the most transparent ever.

It's another example of the Trump regime trying to control or stymie the flow of information -- except in this case it's evidence. And likely will be in yet another investigation or legal action against this corrupt and criminal enterprise.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #28
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm delighted to discuss the original subject, IBH. Others here, including you now, aren't.

I think this move is in and of itself not particularly outrageous, except for the fact that it's yet another action committed against transparency by the hypocritical regime, which of course parallel's his repeated claim that his administration is the most transparent ever.

It's another example of the Trump regime trying to control or stymie the flow of information -- except in this case it's evidence. And likely will be in yet another investigation or legal action against this corrupt and criminal enterprise.
It's all for not...HE IS GOING TO GET CONFIRMED!!
I thought it was ODUMBER regime that was the most transparent??
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:22 PM   #29
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Cut the crap. I discussed the original subject. I directly refuted your phony dimotard talking point in my posts #9 and #10. Cryin' Chucky Schumer's bogus whining is an obvious stalling tactic. The dims want to delay a vote on Kavanaugh until after the midterms. They know full well they are getting access to over 80% of the Bush Library documents (plus a lot more), and those Bush docs are largely irrelevant to any evaluation of the nominee's judicial views anyway.

You are incapable of starting a thread and advancing any debate when challenged. That's why you lie and accuse others of not addressing the subject in the first place, when in fact your original talking point has been chewed up and spit out, and you don't have a clue how to respond.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:22 PM   #30
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Stop responding to each other in that manner, or points will be issued...
Wakeup is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women