Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47567
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2012, 02:23 AM   #16
Guest041413-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 31

Dreams are for fucking. I can't count how many fems I've fucked in my lifetime in my dreams. LMAO!
As SNL put it, I always tend to awaken before I 'xplode' and always rush back to sleep to "capture" that moment...TFF but true! I'm a freak as hell in my dreams! Isn't that what they are for???
Guest041413-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #17
setman
Very Important Penis

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Enjoy yourself.

Be safe.

Stay cool.

Setty
setman is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

I finally caved to the SO a while back and did a sleep study. It was determined that I have Sleep Apnea. Something the SO has been telling me for years. I haven't had dreams in years.
This is what I found out.
When you go into REM sleep you have a kind of disconnect between your brain and your body. Only the functions from the Central nervous system in the brain stem remain active to control breathing and such. This disconnect allows the body to completely relax and rest. The unintended consequence of this total relaxation for some of us is that the part of the airway just above the larynx which is made up of only soft tissue can relax to the point that it will actually collapse. This can be due to many factors, Being overweight is a big one because there will be more fatty tissue in that area. Getting older and having less muscle tone in the area can cause it as well.
In the mildest cases, as a person breathes in the airway collapses even more but does not close off. Mild to severe snoring can occur. In extreme cases and what I was experiencing was when I would breathe in the tissue would collapse to the point of not allowing any air in at all. Kind of like sucking on those old paper straws. They would get weak from the liquid and eventually they would just collapse under the vacuum you created. When this happens over a certain number of times per sleep cycle it's call Sleep Apnea.

So as I would enter stage 1 - 3 sleep for example my snoring would increase as my body relaxed. But...When I hit REM sleep my airway would completely cut off and I would react just enough to exit REM sleep to a shallower level so I could breath. Thus never actually getting the proper rest needed to recover from a regular day of activity.
I was always tired, had no energy and could easily fall asleep at my desk during the day. It caused me to be irritable and I believe even contributed to some other health issues like AFIB.

To get back to the OP, I have since been put on CPAP and it has changed my world. Two things I noticed right away was I stopped having to take a piss every night in the middle of the night and I started dreaming. At first the dreams were very stressful such as working at a job where I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing or driving a vehicle I was unfamiliar with in heavy traffic. Slowly I have been having less stressful dreams so in a way I think that I am having to learn how to dream again. It's been an interesting ride so far but I feel so much better.
If you don't dream or have been told you snore badly or appear to stop breathing I urge you to get it checked out. You'll be glad you did.

Sorry for the long story and getting a bit off track but I just want to let guys know that if you have sleep apnea you can get help and you'll feel so much better.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #19
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

@boardman - my SO insists I have SA, but I don't sleep with her. My snoring keeps her awake so I moved to another bedroom. No big deal, we don't have sex and I like sleeping alone.

Sometimes, during the day I feel just fine, other times I do feel tired at work. My brother uses a CPAP machine, but he's a lot bigger boned than I am and carries a lot more weight.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind, how much did the sleep study cost and did insurance cover any part of it or the machine?
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #20
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
I finally caved to the SO a while back and did a sleep study. It was determined that I have Sleep Apnea. Something the SO has been telling me for years. I haven't had dreams in years.
This is what I found out.
When you go into REM sleep you have a kind of disconnect between your brain and your body. Only the functions from the Central nervous system in the brain stem remain active to control breathing and such. This disconnect allows the body to completely relax and rest. The unintended consequence of this total relaxation for some of us is that the part of the airway just above the larynx which is made up of only soft tissue can relax to the point that it will actually collapse. This can be due to many factors, Being overweight is a big one because there will be more fatty tissue in that area. Getting older and having less muscle tone in the area can cause it as well.
In the mildest cases, as a person breathes in the airway collapses even more but does not close off. Mild to severe snoring can occur. In extreme cases and what I was experiencing was when I would breathe in the tissue would collapse to the point of not allowing any air in at all. Kind of like sucking on those old paper straws. They would get weak from the liquid and eventually they would just collapse under the vacuum you created. When this happens over a certain number of times per sleep cycle it's call Sleep Apnea.

So as I would enter stage 1 - 3 sleep for example my snoring would increase as my body relaxed. But...When I hit REM sleep my airway would completely cut off and I would react just enough to exit REM sleep to a shallower level so I could breath. Thus never actually getting the proper rest needed to recover from a regular day of activity.
I was always tired, had no energy and could easily fall asleep at my desk during the day. It caused me to be irritable and I believe even contributed to some other health issues like AFIB.

To get back to the OP, I have since been put on CPAP and it has changed my world. Two things I noticed right away was I stopped having to take a piss every night in the middle of the night and I started dreaming. At first the dreams were very stressful such as working at a job where I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing or driving a vehicle I was unfamiliar with in heavy traffic. Slowly I have been having less stressful dreams so in a way I think that I am having to learn how to dream again. It's been an interesting ride so far but I feel so much better.
If you don't dream or have been told you snore badly or appear to stop breathing I urge you to get it checked out. You'll be glad you did.

Sorry for the long story and getting a bit off track but I just want to let guys know that if you have sleep apnea you can get help and you'll feel so much better.
Very interesting Boardman! This also explains the Canadians! LOL
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
@boardman - my SO insists I have SA, but I don't sleep with her. My snoring keeps her awake so I moved to another bedroom. No big deal, we don't have sex and I like sleeping alone.

Sometimes, during the day I feel just fine, other times I do feel tired at work. My brother uses a CPAP machine, but he's a lot bigger boned than I am and carries a lot more weight.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind, how much did the sleep study cost and did insurance cover any part of it or the machine?
Sleep studies run about $1500-2000, If you go into Apnea soon enough during the initial one they can start treating you right away and you only have to do one. I had to do two because I had a hard time falling asleep with all the wires and shit connected to me.(Not uncommon).

Insurance did apply to the sleep study and CPAP and supplies for the CPAP.

The next step you need to take is get a referral from your PCP or schedule directly with a Pulmonologist (MD). He/she will take it from there and schedule the sleep studies and help you order your equipment. It was really pretty painless as far as any kind of hassle goes.

CPAPs come in all different styles and the headgear is lightweight, not cumbersome at all and relatively easy to get used to. I went through Sleep Med. That's who my dr. recommended. They filed all the insurance paperwork for the equipment and sent me a bill for my share once they got all the insurance payments sorted out.

If you are having any other(posssibly unexplained) symptoms especially symptoms that would commonly be blamed on stress(heart, digestion, depression or other emotional issues) and have been told by someone that your snoring is bad I would recommend getting a sleep study. It really has made a big difference for me.

Good luck.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #22
canuckvic
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Looking View Post
Very interesting Boardman! This also explains the Canadians! LOL
Jealousy will get you no where!! If you want to know Shayla doesn't have SA - she hogs the bed like crazy - shit better shut up or she's going to kick me..... again
canuckvic is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #23
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Chuck, insurance covered my sleep study and equipment 100%.

Do zombies wake up with morning wood?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #24
Still Looking
BANNED

Talking

I use to dream of the beautiful ladies I met hobbying! For some reason, now all dream about is cats? WTF?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #25
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
I use to dream of the beautiful ladies I met hobbying! For some reason, now all dream about is cats? WTF?

I found your cat
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 AM   #26
Still Looking
BANNED

Talking

Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #27
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
I use to dream of the beautiful ladies I met hobbying! For some reason, now all dream about is pussies? WTF?

TFTFY!!!
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women