Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70716
biomed162672
Yssup Rider60409
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48456
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41675
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36061
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #16
quickie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

What he say....add the lezbo mayor
quickie is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #17
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

HPD has been fucked up for the last 10 years or more. From what I hear Houston is a great place to commit a homicide because the current chance of getting caught is about one out of ten.
Older police officers are fed up and counting the days until they retire.
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #18
Guest121014
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar789 View Post
Speaking of education. Really Obama said everything is fine? I could swear he's saying the opposite about gun violence. smdh
Too bad people believe that gun violence is actually on the rise and is a top most issue needing legislation. Considering the gun violence rate has been going DOWNWARD since 1993 coupled with the fact that the city with the MOST gun control laws in the country saw 60 people shot over the 4th of July weekend, its a false argument....but sheeple, by definition, dont think for themselves.
Guest121014 is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #19
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_JD View Post
Too bad people believe that gun violence is actually on the rise and is a top most issue needing legislation. Considering the gun violence rate has been going DOWNWARD since 1993 coupled with the fact that the city with the MOST gun control laws in the country saw 60 people shot over the 4th of July weekend, its a false argument....but sheeple, by definition, dont think for themselves.
Yep. Tell that to the parents of the kids being gun down at schools and other public places. Laws for violent criminals should be harsher but legislation is still needed. Let the NRA cling to their guns and religion while those prudent thinkers amongst us focus on bullet control.
Guest051115 is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #20
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Violent crime has been on the decline in Houston for some time. If you wan to get something stolen though then this city is a pretty good place for it to happen.

If you guys want to get all up in some serious crime than Chicago is the place you need to be.....

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-gun-vi...232254390.html

Quote:
Yep. Tell that to the parents of the kids being gun down at schools and other public places. Laws for violent criminals should be harsher but legislation is still needed. Let the NRA cling to their guns and religion while those prudent thinkers amongst us focus on bullet control.
The laws are plenty harsh. The liberal courts just need to enforce them.

A gun is not a dangerous device. The person operating can make it one ...much like a vehicle. Maybe we should outlaw cars...or maybe gasoline. That way everyone could be safe and live forever.
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #21
Guest121014
Account Disabled

Quote:
There isnt a single gun control law (in-place, or envisioned) that will prevent a school shooting. None.

Gun control laws dont stop crime, and they dont stop criminals. "Ahh man, they made that new law that says its automatic jailtime if you bring a gun on school property, I guess I wont shoot up the school after all" said no one ever.

We have plenty of legislation in place, and we have plenty of laws in place. They need to be strictly enforced; but you also have know that even that wont stop it all, if harsh penalties stopped crime, there would be no murders of any sort.

Guns are not the problem, people are the problem. I currently do not even own a gun, but its my RIGHT to do so, and Ill be damned if I am going to have that taken from me under the guise of protecting innocent people - thats utter BS. You could outlaw ALL guns in the US, and it wouldnt significantly effect the gun crime / murder numbers, because criminals are already breaking laws to use those guns currently. As they say, when you make it a crime to own a gun, only criminals will carry guns.

I dont have any issue with background checks or waiting periods. In fact, both of the handguns I have purchased from retailers I had to wait a week to get, due to past issues, and I was fine with that, because I wasnt buying a handgun to go use it the next day in a crime. I DO have a problem with trying to increase the background checks to include psychological pieces, and I have an issue with the proposed laws in multiple states allowing the state to come confiscate guns if they decide you are no longer fit, due to the slippery slope and the potential to abuse such a system.

Honestly, which scenario makes you feel safer, if youre sitting in a coffee shop and a guy comes in with a gun, not to rob the place, but because his ex-girlfriend is there and he plans on taking her out and maybe others....

The US implements the strictest gun laws ever seen, requires waiting periods, full background checks including mental health, magazine size restrictions, and so on and so on. Penalties are harsh, guns are hard to buy from retailers. Hes going to prison for a very long time and never getting out.

OR

3 people in that coffee shop are armed and have concealed carry permits.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #22
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Is hooking part of those statistics?
Take that out of the non-violent tables and we probably look like fucking Disney World.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #23
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:

If gun control works why does Chicago have so many gun related deaths? Remember Chicago has strict gun control laws.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #24
tbone77494
Premium Access

Encounters: 103

Mental note - meeting tx_jd for coffee is safe.

The reason school shootings happen is mostly tied to a breakdown of mental health care. We used to put the bat-shit crazy people in institutions. Now we give them Ritalin, an xbox to practice shooting, and then send his classmates to an anti-bullying class lest we hurt the little bastard's feelings.

Still, the chance if getting blown away in a school is unbelievably low. Just when it does happen it is 24/7 news on a dozen channels for a month.

Now, go to the liberal democratic stronghold of Chicago, and your odds of getting capped are pretty high. Oh wait, handguns are illegal there so lets see - I know, let's have more handgun laws cause if the ones now aren't working, clearly the answer is to have more of them.

This is simple- commit a crime with a gun, go to federal prison for a long time, no exceptions. Then, put crazy fuckers in an locked up mental health facility. Many can be helped or at least managed. Finally, expand concealed carry. Stories where a licensed concealed carry holder accidentally shoots an innocent people are very hard to find.
tbone77494 is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #25
SpiceItUp
Ambassador

Encounters: 37

A study by the Texas Department of Public Safety determined that in 2011, Concealed Handgun License holders committed just .19% of all crimes in Texas. Why restrict licensed carry at all?

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL...Report2011.pdf

I'm with tbone, expanded concealed carry and the corresponding training and education that should come with it is more likely the solution rather than additional restrictions.

How many less school shootings would there be if the would-be shooter didn't know for a fact that none of the faculty/students were carrying? How many deaths could be prevented if, in the event of a shooting, the shooter was not the only one armed on the premises?
SpiceItUp is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #26
tbone77494
Premium Access

Encounters: 103

Same as the shootings in military bases where shockingly the employees can't carry. A fact of course known by the shooters.
tbone77494 is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
Guest121014
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone77494 View Post
Mental note - meeting tx_jd for coffee is safe.

The reason school shootings happen is mostly tied to a breakdown of mental health care. We used to put the bat-shit crazy people in institutions. Now we give them Ritalin, an xbox to practice shooting, and then send his classmates to an anti-bullying class lest we hurt the little bastard's feelings.

Still, the chance if getting blown away in a school is unbelievably low. Just when it does happen it is 24/7 news on a dozen channels for a month.

Now, go to the liberal democratic stronghold of Chicago, and your odds of getting capped are pretty high. Oh wait, handguns are illegal there so lets see - I know, let's have more handgun laws cause if the ones now aren't working, clearly the answer is to have more of them.

This is simple- commit a crime with a gun, go to federal prison for a long time, no exceptions. Then, put crazy fuckers in an locked up mental health facility. Many can be helped or at least managed. Finally, expand concealed carry. Stories where a licensed concealed carry holder accidentally shoots an innocent people are very hard to find.

LOL

The only issue I have is your "no exceptions", because zero tolerance means zero common sense. I had a buddy that worked on the road (traveling100 miles a day building out AT&Ts new fiber network) and one of the other guys was going back home for a week. He asked my buddy if he could leave his gun with him until he got back, and my buddy said sure. Kept it in the back of the truck. He got pulled over outside of chicago (joilette) and when the officer asked if he had anything in the car (after stating he thought there was drugs and he pulled him over for having 2 air fresheners hanging from the mirror which he said only people that smoke weed and drive do) my buddy told him yes that he had an unloaded firearm in the back. He was pulled out of the truck, truck torn apart, and cited for carrying a gun in an area where it wasnt allowed (I dont remember the exact citation reason.) While my buddy probably should have been smart enough to not risk carrying a co-workers gun, the cop also should have been smart enough to see he was in a company truck, with out of state plates and license, and known that he likely had NO idea about the law, and he was just driving through the area. But instead he spent a night in jail and months traveling back there for court. We just need SOME balance.

And not only to your mental health point, its everything in how kids are coddled these days. They are never told no or really punished, and everyone is a winner no matter what place they finish. Then after years of being told they are the most special in the world, they find out they arent shit and the world doesnt work that way, and since they have never had to deal with any adversity, they have no idea how to deal with this rejection in a normal way. And once again, we get back to the fact that its not the guns, its the people around the guns causing problems!!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #28
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_JD View Post
There isnt a single gun control law (in-place, or envisioned) that will prevent a school shooting. None.

Gun control laws dont stop crime, and they dont stop criminals. "Ahh man, they made that new law that says its automatic jailtime if you bring a gun on school property, I guess I wont shoot up the school after all" said no one ever.

We have plenty of legislation in place, and we have plenty of laws in place. They need to be strictly enforced; but you also have know that even that wont stop it all, if harsh penalties stopped crime, there would be no murders of any sort.

Guns are not the problem, people are the problem. I currently do not even own a gun, but its my RIGHT to do so, and Ill be damned if I am going to have that taken from me under the guise of protecting innocent people - thats utter BS. You could outlaw ALL guns in the US, and it wouldnt significantly effect the gun crime / murder numbers, because criminals are already breaking laws to use those guns currently. As they say, when you make it a crime to own a gun, only criminals will carry guns.

I dont have any issue with background checks or waiting periods. In fact, both of the handguns I have purchased from retailers I had to wait a week to get, due to past issues, and I was fine with that, because I wasnt buying a handgun to go use it the next day in a crime. I DO have a problem with trying to increase the background checks to include psychological pieces, and I have an issue with the proposed laws in multiple states allowing the state to come confiscate guns if they decide you are no longer fit, due to the slippery slope and the potential to abuse such a system.

Honestly, which scenario makes you feel safer, if youre sitting in a coffee shop and a guy comes in with a gun, not to rob the place, but because his ex-girlfriend is there and he plans on taking her out and maybe others....

The US implements the strictest gun laws ever seen, requires waiting periods, full background checks including mental health, magazine size restrictions, and so on and so on. Penalties are harsh, guns are hard to buy from retailers. Hes going to prison for a very long time and never getting out.

OR

3 people in that coffee shop are armed and have concealed carry permits.
There are many elements to gun control and but more legislation along with harsher penalties for violators is a fantastic start in my view. What I find really silly with your rationale (which is the same immoral argument brought up by the NRA) is that you state guns are not the problem but rather people are but then you go on to state:

Quote:
I DO have a problem with trying to increase the background checks to include psychological pieces, and I have an issue with the proposed laws in multiple states allowing the state to come confiscate guns if they decide you are no longer fit, due to the slippery slope and the potential to abuse such a system.
So tell me if people are the problem how do we help solve the problem if you don't want exams to help determine mental stability. Anything can be a slippery slope that's why checks and balances are typically par for the course for our judicial system. Of course you're never gonna root out all gun violence but you people not only lack solid base solutions but you seem to compound that with willful ignorance.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #29
Guest051115
Account Disabled

and for the record I'm not against banning guns for responsible people (and if you break into my house you probably won't get to tell anyone about it) just think we need to tighten the rules and restrict through testing and further checks.

Note: I take pride in my tactical training and sniper like marksmanship. ;-)
Old 07-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #30
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

So not only would you have an otherwise law abiding citizen undergo a background check you would subject them to a mental evaluation also?
Would you support those same restrictions on someone wanting a voter registration?
boardman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women