Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60015
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47615
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 06-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #16
Doglegg
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10
Default Hard-wired

I have three PB mixes, two sisters from the same litter, and another that is 4 yrs younger.

The two older ones act as velociraptors upon cats, small dogs, and critters.

The smaller of the two is extremely shy and on her own will not approach people or animals.

The larger of the two has chewed through a steel wire (horse-style mesh) fence when two neighbor dogs got into a fight. It seems she likes a good party.
There is no back down in this particular dog. It is like a light switch, normally the light is off, but when it gets flipped on, IT IS ON.

Neither dog has ever shown aggression towards humans, but I will not leave my two grandchildren alone with them.

I too had always thought that aggressive Pits had to do with training, rearing, environment, but with these two I have had to realize that sometimes it is in the dog and no amount of training will take the fighter instinct out.

This is really a damn shame because I really do love dogs and I too have had a lot of success with aggressive dogs, but this time I found it is 'hard-wired' in some dogs.
Doglegg is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #17
Mz 3D
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 246795

Wow- as an American- anyone willing to hand over control of anything to the government(guns, dogs, smoking, insurance, parenting, nutrition...)- if you hand over your rights than don't look for respect or protection from me!
I do not personally care for guns- they are noisy + messy
I do not smoke or do drugs- very seldom drink
do not have children nor want any
BUT I believe and stand behind rights as Americans-
I stand behind your rights to live freely whether I agree or not- I DO KNOW HOW TO WALK AWAY.
If you do not like my dog and I'm not personally in your space- either walk away or allow me to.
I vote also, and honorably served for the right- think about it before you hand over more control.
I'm very sorry for this child, the dog is rightly destroyed- are the parents? Why was this little girl EVER in harms way? YOUR BLAMING THE WRONG END OF THE LEASH.
Thank you for reading....
Mz 3D
Mz 3D is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #18
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

User ID: 118368

^^^^. No, in this case, the dogs were not properly contained. A child should be able to play in the yard without fear of having her face and tongue ripped off.
Guest062114-5 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #19
Mz 3D
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 246795

agreed 100%. Lack of responsibility- parenting and ownership- humans are far worse than ANY dog
Mz 3D is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #20
jdough1211
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
Most dogs like most pets generally serve a useful purpose to responsible owners.

With proper training some dogs can be trained to help blind people navigate busy streets, but then some dogs seem to be trained only to fight and do it as savagely as possible.

. . . Personally, I do not see any useful purpose for pit bulls other than to entertain people motivated by primitive urges. I would propose a federal law to sterilize all pit bulls so that the entire race is gradually eliminated. Who would miss these savage and unpredictable animals and what legitimate purpose do they really serve to society?

So you're proposing that we eradicate an entire species simply because we've bred them to be aggressive and now we're scared?

What happened to that child was definitely a tragedy, however, blaming the entire breed because we engineered them too damn well is a tragedy in and of itself.
jdough1211 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #21
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

Pit bulls shouldn't be euthanized for being pit bulls any more than lions and tigers should be killed for being lions and tigers.

Pit Bull owners complain of breed specific legislation and discrimination, when in fact they need to be better at educating other owners.

I'm not a proponent of big government, not at all. Howeve,. I'm not at all opposed to a requirement of a safety test for dog owners when they get a dog license. The penalty for not obtaining a proper license is containment of the dog until the test is passed and license issued.

In my experience, Pit Bill owners are polarized into two categories. Ones that are extremely knowledgeable and responsible, though some of these are uninformed. And people who are themselves prone to the same aggressive behavior who are absolutely ignorant or don't care of the risks.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #22
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

Oh, btw, I'm all for euthanizing irresponsible dog owners.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #23
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz 3D View Post
Wow- as an American- anyone willing to hand over control of anything to the government(guns, dogs, smoking, insurance, parenting, nutrition...)- if you hand over your rights than don't look for respect or protection from me!
I do not personally care for guns- they are noisy + messy
I do not smoke or do drugs- very seldom drink
do not have children nor want any
BUT I believe and stand behind rights as Americans-
I stand behind your rights to live freely whether I agree or not- I DO KNOW HOW TO WALK AWAY.
If you do not like my dog and I'm not personally in your space- either walk away or allow me to.
I vote also, and honorably served for the right- think about it before you hand over more control.
I'm very sorry for this child, the dog is rightly destroyed- are the parents? Why was this little girl EVER in harms way? YOUR BLAMING THE WRONG END OF THE LEASH.
Thank you for reading....
Mz 3D
That's all bullshit.

There is no right to own a dangerous animal - or ANY animal for that matter.

Animal ownership has been regulated and restricted since BEFORE the founding of the country.

Unlike a gun or a knife, a dog can think and act ON ITS OWN. It does not need a human operator to be dangerous.

NO OWNER can completely control a dog. They can ALWAYS get loose. They can ALWAYS turn vicious suddenly. Any owner who thinks otherwise is delusional about his own pet.

Now, if a poodle or a beagle gets loose or suddenly gets vicious, we don't worry much because they can only do a small amount of harm.

Not so with pit bulls. The news papers are full of stories of asshole owners making excuses for the sudden attack their dog makes. Many even try to blame the victim - "The kid musta done sumthin'. Mah dawg ain't like that."

You have no more right to own a pit bull than you do a lion or an elephant.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #24
Nicolet
Account Disabled

User ID: 22480
My ECCIE Reviews

My son recently found his dog, Knight, killed in his own yard. Yes, he was a pit. My son had his dog since he was a puppy and he trained his dog well and through the 5 years that my son's dog had lived until his death, it was clear my son was the alpha male. He was gentle around our family, including my rambunctious 2 year old grandson. When my son spoke a command, his dog went into submissive mode.
My son kept Knight tied in his yard. His irresponsible neighbors allowed their dogs to run free through the neighborhood. These dogs would enter my son's yard and yap at Knight, and Knight could not defend himself or his territory anymore than the length of his restraint. In late May, a small poodle mix came into the yard and was yapping at Knight. Knight broke free, not surprising after all the free range dogs barking and taunting him, and attacked the smaller dog. The authorities were called, police and animal control, and Knight was found to be in the RIGHT for protecting his territory. My son asked that I take Knight for a few days so things can cool off in his neighborhood, which was fine because I had asked him if I could borrow Knight about a week before all this happened so I could get off my butt and get some fresh air. I had Knight with me for a week. Less than 48 hours after I returned Knight to my son, my son came home from work at 3AM to find his back porch covered in blood and his dog laying dead at the back door, when he had left for work Knight was tied in the FRONT yard.
His front leg had a deep slice, like from a machete, and he bled out. I have no doubt in my mind that it was the owner of the small dog that did this, but we will never find out because my son doesn't have proof.
Here are some photos of Knight:

This is what he looks like now:

Nicolet is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #25
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Tragic

I am very sorry to hear about that tragic loss, Nicolet.

We sometimes forget that even though pit bulls can often cause harm to humans, it is humans that can also cause harm to pit bulls with perhaps even more mindless rage.

. . . It is still a savage world that we live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolet View Post
My son recently found his dog, Knight, killed in his own yard. Yes, he was a pit. My son had his dog since he was a puppy and he trained his dog well and through the 5 years that my son's dog had lived until his death, it was clear my son was the alpha male. He was gentle around our family, including my rambunctious 2 year old grandson. When my son spoke a command, his dog went into submissive mode.
My son kept Knight tied in his yard. His irresponsible neighbors allowed their dogs to run free through the neighborhood. These dogs would enter my son's yard and yap at Knight, and Knight could not defend himself or his territory anymore than the length of his restraint. In late May, a small poodle mix came into the yard and was yapping at Knight. Knight broke free, not surprising after all the free range dogs barking and taunting him, and attacked the smaller dog. The authorities were called, police and animal control, and Knight was found to be in the RIGHT for protecting his territory. My son asked that I take Knight for a few days so things can cool off in his neighborhood, which was fine because I had asked him if I could borrow Knight about a week before all this happened so I could get off my butt and get some fresh air. I had Knight with me for a week. Less than 48 hours after I returned Knight to my son, my son came home from work at 3AM to find his back porch covered in blood and his dog laying dead at the back door, when he had left for work Knight was tied in the FRONT yard.
His front leg had a deep slice, like from a machete, and he bled out. I have no doubt in my mind that it was the owner of the small dog that did this, but we will never find out because my son doesn't have proof.
Here are some photos of Knight:

This is what he looks like now:

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #26
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead View Post

I know that you can't judge a whole species on the actions of a few, but this is not just a few. There is a surprising amount of Pit Bull attacks and they are extremely violent. All I can say is that I will never own another Pit Bull and I am very careful when I am around one. Just my experience though.
Of the pit bulls I've known of, none have died of natural causes. The one that lived next door the police waited outside until the owner finally relinquished it to animal control after numerous calls over a period of weeks from multiple neighbors.

IMO, owners of this breed have some type of psychological problem. They've bought into a "big dog mentally" and are in denial about how unstable, potentially lethal these animals are.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:10 AM   #27
SA Angel
Account Disabled

User ID: 243824
My ECCIE Reviews

Well-bred pits would no sooner attack a human as a bird would attack a cat. I'm not arguing that they don't have aggression towards other animals but for the longest time....that was what they were bred for.

Pits used to be the the "American" dog and were considered great family pets. I have personally not met a single pit that wasn't sweet, happy, and goofy. They SHOULD be a medium sized dog that loves people, not fricking 80 pounds.

Personally, I'd be more afraid of Chows. I've owned a couple and they are very much one person dogs. They will rip your face off if you even look like you are going to attack their owner.

Yes, I'm talking to you dumb jogger that STILLS RUNS UP TO ME WHILE RAISING THEIR HAND after I made sure to be on the other side of street when I see them coming. Who I'm only calling dumb because I've REPEATEDLY told you to not run up to me and wave because it looks like an attack to the dog. Then gets up in arms about the pinching collar I use to make sure my dog does not attack your smug face.

I'm still bitter. Can you tell?
SA Angel is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #28
fragtasticator
Gaining Momentum

Default TRUTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAangel27 View Post
Well-bred pits would no sooner attack a human as a bird would attack a cat. I'm not arguing that they don't have aggression towards other animals but for the longest time....that was what they were bred for.

Pits used to be the the "American" dog and were considered great family pets. I have personally not met a single pit that wasn't sweet, happy, and goofy. They SHOULD be a medium sized dog that loves people, not fricking 80 pounds.
I have two pitt/pointer mixes. They fall somewhere between 65 and 70lbs as their weight fluctuates.

MY dogs are indoor and backyard dogs for the most part. Sometimes I take them to the dog park. They are rambunctious and high energy, but have never shown signs of violence.

They love to play fetch (frisbees and balls) and tug of war.

When I suspected that kids were coming into my yard without permission, I went to the hardware store and got padlocks for the gate to prevent someone from wandering in uninvited.

It is my belief that with dogs, as with humans, behavior is a product of a combination of nature AND nurture.

While some dogs and some people are born with certain inclinations, most of us can be trained to overcome these predilections.

Probably 80% of the Pitt breeds are not and will not be a problem...but that remaining 20% are either born or raised to violence. Perhaps as may as 15% of those troubled dogs would not turn out so bad if they had better owners, but we may never know.

When dogs are being subjected to terrible situations and abused, what chance do they have to turn out well-adjusted and friendly?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/photos/367-...image-20082505

Follow Up:
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...9984?p=1&tc=pg

Bottom line: These dogs shouldn't be discounted or destroyed because they come from a bad place. Many can be rehabilitated and learn to be good dogs - and even save your life......or your kid's:

http://www.care2.com/causes/a-hero-n...-adoption.html

TL : DR - "Putting a bullet in something may be an easy answer, but it is very rarely the right one,"
fragtasticator is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #29
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Bitter

Not to get off subject, but you know, you really should let go of that bitterness.

. . . That is an unproductive emotion that will only spiral you downward.

We now return you to the Pit Bull thread in progress.

Quote:

Personally, I'd be more afraid of Chows. I've owned a couple and they are very much one person dogs. They will rip your face off if you even look like you are going to attack their owner.

Yes, I'm talking to you dumb jogger that STILLS RUNS UP TO ME WHILE RAISING THEIR HAND after I made sure to be on the other side of street when I see them coming. Who I'm only calling dumb because I've REPEATEDLY told you to not run up to me and wave because it looks like an attack to the dog. Then gets up in arms about the pinching collar I use to make sure my dog does not attack your smug face.

I'm still bitter. Can you tell?
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #30
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Well-bred pits would no sooner attack a human as a bird would attack a cat.
Poor analogy, Angel. I've sen a bird attack a cat before, several times in fact. Mockingbirds and Bluejays are both prone to the activity. I've had a cat that refused to go outside for months because we had a mockingbird nesting nearby that would attack him whenever he went out. It attacked me on more than one occasion as well.

Point is, it's in every animal's nature to be aggressive when necessary. Unfortunately, we've bred into some dogs breed the inability to distinguish the appropriate moment.
FoulRon is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women