Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60030
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 12-30-2023, 01:34 PM   #16
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
According to this column, Haley’s comment weren’t a mistake, but a pattern for her. She has long avoided criticizing the Confederacy.

https://apple.news/AblvVfLJzSse6_44SARMRNw
Even though I was born in and have lived in the South my entire life, I consider myself an American above all other things.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 02:37 PM   #17
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/comme...-primary-2024/

This 2023. If a reporter asks you what was the primary cause of our “Civil Wa”, there is only one answer.

Slavery.

It makes no difference what you believe, or whether it is even true. Any other answer, especially the one she gave, is unsatisfactory.

I hope she can rebound, because I believe a Trump/Haley ticket would be a winner.
I really cringed listening to her answers. Interestingly, CNN and MSNBC are not painting her as racist for her replies. In fact, they say she believes slavery was the cause of the Civil War. Rather the entire Republican Party is racist, and this is what a candidate has to say to get the vote of the Republican base. I strongly disagree.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 03:52 PM   #18
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Slavery wasn’t the cause of the civil war. It was rich southerners wanting to maintain their farming advantage though near nonexistent labor costs. Along with being upset by tax advantages taken by the north. Also important was that southerners belief that they should have the right maintain their lifestyle. Nothing at all to do with slavery.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 06:10 PM   #19
DNinja69
BANNED

Encounters: 43

Go check out Ramaswamy trying to define WOKE and tell me Haley deserves any real smoke for her commentary. We could do a lot worse than someone like her in the White House. She gets my vote before anyone else who took part in a Republican debate
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 07:17 PM   #20
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Slavery wasn’t the cause of the civil war. It was rich southerners wanting to maintain their farming advantage though near nonexistent labor costs. Along with being upset by tax advantages taken by the north. Also important was that southerners belief that they should have the right maintain their lifestyle. Nothing at all to do with slavery.
You're being facetious, right? I know you're a lot smarter than that Blackman. Tariffs that favored manufacturers in northern states had little to do with setting off the Civil War. And slavery had everything to do with "nonexistent labor costs" and the "southerners belief that they should have the right to maintain their lifestyle."

As to your point about rich slaveowners, one of the mysteries of the Civil War is why so many Southerners who didn't own slaves were willing to fight and die to preserve the institution and "states' rights." Only about 20% of white Southern families were slaveholders, and considerably fewer owned enough slaves to make a big difference in their income.

A good part of the reason was that white southerners feared what happened in Haiti and in Southhampton, Virginia would happen to them. Enslaved people rebelled there, and killed the white people. Many southern whites feared the same thing would happen to them if slaves were released from bondage. That's according a a good book I read about slavery in the USA and the origin of the Civil War some years ago -- I can't remember the title though.
Old 12-31-2023, 01:27 AM   #21
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
You're being facetious, right? I know you're a lot smarter than that Blackman. Tariffs that favored manufacturers in northern states had little to do with setting off the Civil War. And slavery had everything to do with "nonexistent labor costs" and the "southerners belief that they should have the right to maintain their lifestyle."

[SNIP]
Staff Edit - Biomed1

hes partially right. the war was really about over money $$$ and to a certain extent power over ecomonic policy.

Theses are the fissures that created issues.
North favored high tariffs; South favored low tariffs
shipping price discrimination
agrarian vs. industrial
lack of railroads vs. lots of railroads
cultural differences between North & South (there was a lot dislike between the two sides)

there were 2 more other issues, but I can't remember what they were.

In 1860, the south provided 80% of the revenue to the federal govt.

In 1865, the North provided 75% of the revenue to the federal govt.

slavery just happen to intersect alot of those fissures.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 01:38 AM   #22
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
[SNIP]

As to your point about rich slaveowners, one of the mysteries of the Civil War is why so many Southerners who didn't own slaves were willing to fight and die to preserve the institution and "states' rights." Only about 20% of white Southern families were slaveholders, and considerably fewer owned enough slaves to make a big difference in their income.

A good part of the reason was that white southerners feared what happened in Haiti and in Southhampton, Virginia would happen to them. Enslaved people rebelled there, and killed the white people. Many southern whites feared the same thing would happen to them if slaves were released from bondage. That's according a a good book I read about slavery in the USA and the origin of the Civil War some years ago -- I can't remember the title though.
this includes the little known german coast rebellion of louisiana.

the southern elite fears were unfounded. there were many slaves in the north who were freed when slavery abolished prior to 1860. none of the former slaves turned on their former masters.

southern propaganda may have something to do with it. after all, alot of southern newspapers were calling this "northern aggression"
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 07:53 AM   #23
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Yes Tiny. Slavery was the major driver of the civil war. Robert E Lee and Jefferson Davis both said so. Why this attempt to make it about other factors continues 180 years later shows white’s inability to just admit racism is this country’s greatest sin.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 08:14 AM   #24
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
this includes the little known german coast rebellion of louisiana.

the southern elite fears were unfounded. there were many slaves in the north who were freed when slavery abolished prior to 1860. none of the former slaves turned on their former masters.

southern propaganda may have something to do with it. after all, alot of southern newspapers were calling this "northern aggression"
Excellent points Dilbert
Old 01-01-2024, 08:18 AM   #25
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Yes Tiny. Slavery was the major driver of the civil war. Robert E Lee and Jefferson Davis both said so. Why this attempt to make it about other factors continues 180 years later shows white’s inability to just admit racism is this country’s greatest sin.
Thanks for clearing that up. I don’t know who Nikki Haley was trying to appeal to, but it must be a pretty small % of the voting population.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:33 AM   #26
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

I don't really see what the big deal is about her answer to the question. She has to take into account all of the many Trump racist retards in his cult if she wants to get some of their votes. She obviously could have worded it better, but I understand why she was so guarded, and the word play she used with her answer. That lady was a governor in the deep South. She's no dummy. She knows exactly what she can say and not say for votes.

There are a lot of confederate loving idiots who vote. Why alienate them when asked that loaded question with no time to formulate a more sensible worded answer? Again, I have no problem with her answer especially considering the circumstance.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women