Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452973
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47668
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35577
Mojojo33117

Old 06-30-2019, 07:05 AM   #256
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
I haven't watched the debates, because it seems like so much pageantry. It troubles me that Biden is the front-runner, because of certain things that have come out about his old-guard mentality. He was on the wrong side of history with Anita Hill and his coziness with segregationists.

Probably a nice enough guy, but he doesn't spark much joy among younger voters and people of color.

But I get the feeling that any of the contenders could hand Trump his ass with both hands tied behind their back. All Trump has now is his base, and the swing voters that gave him the electoral college in 2016 aren't just super-thrilled with his performance.

His Teflon presidency makes no sense. If the Dems have any backbone, they will impeach. His obstruction, separation of families, and unabashed adoration of brutal dictators should speak for itself.

But the way the GOP has congressional districts gerrymandered, and the Supreme Court packed to prevent any meaningful representation, who knows what will happen.
Trump has his base, i.e. Austin Ellen, which will never desert him. However, Trump, as in 2016, will not win in 2020 without support from other groups. In 2016 he won with help from independents, suburban voters, and women voters. Those voting blocs deserted the Republicans heavily in the 2018 midterms.

One of Trump's primary problems is all his campaign efforts are aimed solely at his base. Ellen eats it up!! He is doing little to convince others to vote for him. He will continue to draw his large crowds to his rallies because he is a showman who puts on a show but the attendees will be his base. Very few others. I hope he continues this strategy because it will be helpful to the Democratic nominee, whether it be Biden or someone else.

Biden has his strengths among voters. Older voters. Black voters. Blue collar voters. He would likely win back Michigan and Pennsylvania for the Democrats because he has always been popular there.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:03 AM   #257
centexguy
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

The Democrats are beginning to eat their own. They are the coalition of the fringes. For them it's all about identity politics and illegal immigrants and they don't give a crap about Americans. Tulsi Gabbard is the only Democrat candidate with any decent ideas but she has no chance. Kamala Harris is the anointed one for them so it's going to be a Trumpslide in 2020.
centexguy is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #258
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
B
So the Democratic candidate that I like now is Andrew Yang.
He's got some good ideas.
FWIW, 2 latest polls taken after the debates have Yang with 1% and 2% of likely voters. Biden still has 14% lead over Sanders in both polls but Harris has picked up ground and is now 3rd in both.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:00 PM   #259
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexguy View Post
The Democrats are beginning to eat their own. They are the coalition of the fringes. For them it's all about identity politics and illegal immigrants and they don't give a crap about Americans. Tulsi Gabbard is the only Democrat candidate with any decent ideas but she has no chance. Kamala Harris is the anointed one for them so it's going to be a Trumpslide in 2020.
Republicans in 2015/2016 ate their own if you remember. Name-calling. Back-stabbing. Dirty as it could possibly be. And Trump was elected.

What was your prediction, if you made one, on the 2018 midterm elections? Trump may win but I predict it will be by a smaller margin than in 2016 on the electoral side and he will lose by a larger margin on the popular vote.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:26 PM   #260
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

I saw that Biden dropped 10 points. After today with his "gay waiter" remark he'll probably drop another 10 points.
He looks bad. Harris is looking great now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
FWIW, 2 latest polls taken after the debates have Yang with 1% and 2% of likely voters. Biden still has 14% lead over Sanders in both polls but Harris has picked up ground and is now 3rd in both.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:38 PM   #261
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Maybe people will look at the big picture. He was pro-LGBT before Obama was, so his influence is a selling point. But yeah, that comment about the gay waiter is reported to have fallen flat.

I agree that Harris is looking better than she was, but maybe not better than Biden just yet. We shall see.
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:15 PM   #262
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
When the truth doesn't matter, we are all screwed. So wake the fuck up, everyone.
The Border Crisis was make believe! Trump was lying!

Now there IS a Border Crisis but it is Trump's fault?

Politicians Lie. Can we trust any of them?

The Media no longer reports the news. One has to source information from a variety of places in order to get an idea of what is really going on.

I could care less how much Trump lies or takes credit for others. There are more checks and balances in place limiting what he can do than on any President before him.

In lieu of all the obstacles being put in his way he seems to accomplish some things.

What I want to know is..........

With everyone KNOWING how bad the guy supposedly is and believing it impossible that he gets re-elected, what will your excuses be when he gets another 4 years in the oval office?

Does Trump have to win?

Or does he just have to show up and reap the rewards of the Democratic party losing it all?

There is not much truth on that side is there?
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:29 PM   #263
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

Millenials will most likely cost the Democratic party the election. Sooner or later they wake up to the realization they are about to become the most taxed generation of all time.

Millenials will NOT get their perfect candidate and will "brat" out as they do on so many other things throwing their support behind some 3rd party or independent candidate without a chance.

Their "win" will be in showing the Democratic party they can't regain the power without them.
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:08 AM   #264
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I saw that Biden dropped 10 points. After today with his "gay waiter" remark he'll probably drop another 10 points.
He looks bad. Harris is looking great now.
Actually Harris is catching a lot of flak in the last 2 days from her comments in the debate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Second, Biden lost 5 points in the polling, not 10. And he still leads second place Sanders by 14 points in both polls.

Biden is #1 among the Democratic contenders. The others will attack him since that is the only way to become #1. Whether or not it works will be unknown for quite a while. Both you and I know that right now Trump fears Biden more than the other Democratic candidates. As I said, Biden is very strong in Michigan and Pennsylvania, two states Trump barely won in 2016.

With Trump's lack of support from the LGBTQ community, I doubt Biden could do anything to lose their support.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/01/u...bt-rights.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.39838a39385f

Also, if you or anyone else believes that Biden is losing support from African-Americans you would be very wrong. Trump's popularity among African-American voters is still dismal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.38382faa0407

The only voting blocs that overwhelmingly support Trump are old, white men with no college degree and Evangelical Christians. That is the majority of his base. That won't be enough to get him reelected.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:18 AM   #265
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Trumps approval numbers are going up. It's gonna be a blow out. Have you seen what the Austin City Council did? It starts today.

Quote:
Actually Harris is catching a lot of flak in the last 2 days from her comments in the debate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Second, Biden lost 5 points in the polling, not 10. And he still leads second place Sanders by 14 points in both polls.

Biden is #1 among the Democratic contenders. The others will attack him since that is the only way to become #1. Whether or not it works will be unknown for quite a while. Both you and I know that right now Trump fears Biden more than the other Democratic candidates. As I said, Biden is very strong in Michigan and Pennsylvania, two states Trump barely won in 2016.

With Trump's lack of support from the LGBTQ community, I doubt Biden could do anything to lose their support.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/01/u...bt-rights.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.39838a39385f

Also, if you or anyone else believes that Biden is losing support from African-Americans you would be very wrong. Trump's popularity among African-American voters is still dismal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.38382faa0407

The only voting blocs that overwhelmingly support Trump are old, white men with no college degree and Evangelical Christians. That is the majority of his base. That won't be enough to get him reelected.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #266
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Trumps approval numbers are going up. It's gonna be a blow out. Have you seen what the Austin City Council did? It starts today.
Where did you see Trump's approval ratings going up?

FiveThirtyEight which summarizes ALL polls, has Trump at 42.2% approval. He has been higher and he has been lower. No major upward movement in recent weeks. Compared to other presidents at this point in time in office, Trump is second to last, beating only Jimmy Carter. And do you remember what happened to Carter in 1980? And Trump is the ONLY POTUS to have never broken the 50% approval rate while in office.

The other website that summarizes ALL polls is RealClearPolitics and Trump's approval rating sits at 44.5% approve, 51.9% disapprove. Better than he was earlier in the year but the same as he was a year ago.

The most recent poll released today shows him at 38%, the lowest approval rating I've seen on him in quite a while. Try reading the following.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/po...omy-2019-07-01

The good news on Trump's approval ratings??? The farmers seem to love him.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trumps...t_2984006.html

So again I ask you. What polls show an increase in Trump's approval ratings?
Old 07-01-2019, 09:57 AM   #267
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Ok I'll go find it. It's a Gallup poll.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:07 AM   #268
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I have it at 43 percent which is upwards from 40.
What do you think of our homeless camping on city streets?
The mayor doesn't see a problem with this?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/258359/...arly-june.aspx
Old 07-01-2019, 12:46 PM   #269
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I have it at 43 percent which is upwards from 40.
What do you think of our homeless camping on city streets?
The mayor doesn't see a problem with this?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/258359/...arly-june.aspx
And if you remember I posted a Gallup poll that had Trump at 46% early last month. If you look at the link below, Trump's approval rating since he took office has varied from 39% to 46% according to Gallup. Currently at 43%. -12%. Again never reaching 50%. And, as I try to always do, I warn anyone whether for or against Trump to point to one single poll to confirm their opinion on how well he is doing. It will undoubtedly change.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/...al-weekly.aspx

You are misreading the intentions of Mayor Adler in Austin.

"On Thursday, the City Council approved spending $8.6 million on land and a building to house a 100-bed emergency shelter for people experiencing homelessness. The council also voted to amend ordinances governing camping, panhandling and sitting or lying down in public."

"Gov. Greg Abbott is taking aim at Austin for regulations the city council passed related to the homeless.

The Texas governor tweeted Sunday night, "If Austin or any other Texas city permits camping on city streets it will be yet another local ordinance the State of Texas will override. At some point, cities must start putting public safety and common sense first."

The governor is referencing action the Austin City Council took last Friday morning, to roll back the city's camping, panhandling and "no sit, no lie" ordinances. With the changes, Austin police will only be able to ticket people who are posing a risk to public safety or “blocking, impeding or threatening.”

"I assume that someone on his staff really didn't explain to him what it was that we did because we've been laser-focused on public safety and public health," Adler said. “But what we spent a lot of time talking about was the person that’s experiencing homelessness that is not presenting a public safety risk or a public health hazard – what do we do with them?”"

So where do you propose the homeless camp? Adler is making an attempt to home some of the homeless. In the meantime, as long as those homeless people are not a threat to the well being of the people in Austin, he, and the city council, are allowing them to set up on public property, with some exceptions.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #270
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I don't think Austin has a place to build a homeless camp.
I wish they could do the model of the tiny homes like they do in Utah.
Adler wants Austin to look like San Francisco apparently.
I've already seen the mattresses and sofas and people laying around already right up the street from me. Some of my liberal neighbors are not happy.

Quote:
And if you remember I posted a Gallup poll that had Trump at 46% early last month. If you look at the link below, Trump's approval rating since he took office has varied from 39% to 46% according to Gallup. Currently at 43%. -12%. Again never reaching 50%. And, as I try to always do, I warn anyone whether for or against Trump to point to one single poll to confirm their opinion on how well he is doing. It will undoubtedly change.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/...al-weekly.aspx

You are misreading the intentions of Mayor Adler in Austin.

"On Thursday, the City Council approved spending $8.6 million on land and a building to house a 100-bed emergency shelter for people experiencing homelessness. The council also voted to amend ordinances governing camping, panhandling and sitting or lying down in public."

"Gov. Greg Abbott is taking aim at Austin for regulations the city council passed related to the homeless.

The Texas governor tweeted Sunday night, "If Austin or any other Texas city permits camping on city streets it will be yet another local ordinance the State of Texas will override. At some point, cities must start putting public safety and common sense first."

The governor is referencing action the Austin City Council took last Friday morning, to roll back the city's camping, panhandling and "no sit, no lie" ordinances. With the changes, Austin police will only be able to ticket people who are posing a risk to public safety or “blocking, impeding or threatening.”

"I assume that someone on his staff really didn't explain to him what it was that we did because we've been laser-focused on public safety and public health," Adler said. “But what we spent a lot of time talking about was the person that’s experiencing homelessness that is not presenting a public safety risk or a public health hazard – what do we do with them?”"

So where do you propose the homeless camp? Adler is making an attempt to home some of the homeless. In the meantime, as long as those homeless people are not a threat to the well being of the people in Austin, he, and the city council, are allowing them to set up on public property, with some exceptions.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women