Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 11-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #241
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 58
Default "Drive By Shooting" Cleveland police style?

CLEVELAND – The family of a 12-year-old boy fatally wounded by a Cleveland police officer said surveillance video of the shooting shows that if the officer had not acted so quickly the youngster would still be alive.

The video made public on Wednesday shows Tamir Rice being shot within 1½ to 2 seconds of a patrol car stopping near him at a park in Cleveland on Saturday. It shows the boy reaching in his waistband for what police discovered was a pellet gun that shoots non-lethal plastic projectiles. He died the next day.

Tamir's family said in a statement released by their attorneys that they hope Cleveland police and Cuyahoga County prosecutors "thoroughly examine" what happened at the park that day.

"It is our belief that this situation could have been avoided and that Tamir should still be here with us," said the family. "The video shows one thing distinctly: the police officers reacted quickly."

The patrol officer who shot Tamir was identified Wednesday as Timothy Loehmann, a 26-year-old rookie who began his career in Cleveland on March 3. He previously spent five months in 2012 with a department in suburban Independence, but four of those months were in that city's police academy.

Loehmann's partner that day was identified as Frank Garmback, 46. He has been with the department since 2008. Both are on paid administrative leave pending a decision by the Cuyahoga County prosecutor's office whether to pursue any criminal charges.

Much of the video footage shows Tamir alone in a park on an unseasonably warm November afternoon. He is seen pacing, occasionally extending his right arm with what appears to be a gun in his hand, talking on a cellphone and sitting a picnic table with his head resting on his arms.

The gun wasn't real. It can be bought at sporting goods stores for less than $20. Tamir's was lacking the orange safety indicator usually found on the barrel and, from a distance, was indistinguishable from a real firearm.

At one moment, Tamir is sitting at a picnic table in a gazebo. He stands and a police car zooms into the frame from the right and stops on the grass, just a few feet from Tamir. The passenger door opens and Loehmann shoots Tamir before Garmback can get out the driver's side door.

It's unclear how far Tamir was from Loehmann when the officer shot him, but Deputy Chief Ed Tomba said Wednesday that it was less than 10 feet.

The low-resolution video shows Tamir reaching to his waistband and then bending over after being shot. His body is mostly obscured by the patrol car when he falls to the ground. Garmback can be seen walking around the car and kicking what is said to be the airsoft gun away from Tamir.

Tomba told reporters at a news conference Wednesday that an FBI agent who was working a bank robbery detail nearby arrived within a few minutes and administered first aid to Tamir. Paramedics arrived three minutes later. The boy died on Sunday at a Cleveland hospital.

Tomba said the city was releasing the video at the behest of Tamir's family.

"This is not an effort to exonerate. It's not an effort to show the public that anybody did anything wrong," Tomba said. "This is an obvious tragic event where a young member of our community lost their life. We've got two officers that were out there protecting the public that just had to, you know, do something that nobody wants to do."

On Saturday, a person had called 911 about a male pointing a gun at others at the park. The caller told the 911 dispatcher that the gun was "probably fake," then added, "I don't know if it's real or not."

Tomba would not discuss statements the two officers gave after the shooting, saying they were part of the investigation. Nor would he discuss details of the radio conversation between the officers and a dispatcher except to say they were apprised that they were on a "gun run."

David Malik, one of the attorneys representing Tamir's family, said Wednesday that he hoped the shooting of Tamir would lead to reform. He cited Cincinnati, where he said the police department, police union and the community worked collaboratively.

"Hopefully, incidents like this won't occur again," Malik said.

>>> CNN VIDEO <<<
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #242
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
CLEVELAND – "Hopefully, incidents like this won't occur again," Malik said.

>>> CNN VIDEO <<<
Incidents like these will stop happening just as soon as police officers become indifferent to their own survival.

IN OTHER NEWS:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...lack-cop-trev/

Nothing to see here; doesn't fit the template.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #243
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 58

He had quite the sublime look of satisfaction on his face, doesn't he?

Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #244
ilikefun
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak View Post
Incidents like these will stop happening just as soon as police officers become indifferent to their own survival.

IN OTHER NEWS:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...lack-cop-trev/

Nothing to see here; doesn't fit the template.
A naked white boy on lsd acting agressively shot and killed by a black campus police officer. Ok they are mirror examples.
ilikefun is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #245
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikefun View Post
A naked white boy on lsd acting agressively shot and killed by a black campus police officer. Ok they are mirror examples.

The lad was nekkid!? Damn, I missed that.

Tonton Macoute wasn't worrying about a concealed handgun, I guess.

You think Eric Holder was all over this case?
Old 11-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #246
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Yeah, Holder will be all over it. Obama will come to the campus.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:03 AM   #247
ilikefun
Account Disabled

Holder needs to go to Tue border and look into the justifiable shootings of Mexicans by border agents.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #248
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Default America is not for TRUTHFUL black people

...apparently black people are caught in a squeeze between the Man, (who might charge them with perjury if they lie under oath), and their fellow brers, (who might just bar-be-cue they bitch asses if they don't keep the lie alive):

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...er/#more-93000

Was Mike Brown's current step-daddy ordering the killing of DeAndre Joshua when he screamed "Burn these bitches down" (or something similar)?

Quote:
Holder needs to go to Tue border and look into the justifiable shootings of Mexicans by border agents.
WTF's a Tue border?
Old 11-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #249
ilikefun
Account Disabled

Typo: to
Was on phone.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #250
ilikefun
Account Disabled

The conservative tree house. That says enough right there. I now know where you get your information that warps your views.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:52 PM   #251
Readytolearn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post
How is that true when the conversation at hand is about a video that we can all see? Look in the previous posts...it hasn't disappeared at the time of your posting. IJS
I think she means in general when it comes to LE... But I also think she just wanted to chime in... As I'm doing now... Lol.
Readytolearn is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #252
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Quote:
The conservative tree house. That says enough right there. I now know where you get your information that warps your views.
Maybe your google is broke?

Here ya go: http://bit.ly/1vYyZ2H
Old 12-01-2014, 12:23 AM   #253
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Stupidity ..... disrespect ..... and political showboating is pandemic.

Edit: I hope they get fined. It's not the place.

GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #254
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Don't forget ignorance. The delusional nitwits were just trying to be John Carlos and Tommie Smith; but they're completely ignorant of the fact that Carlos and Smith had good reason and courage on their side, whereas all they have is Sharpton, certified asshole.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #255
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Jeff Fisher made a statement yesterday that this demonstration was okay under the First Amendment.

I don't think the First Amendment provides for employees to form racial demonstrations while "on the clock" or really at any other time. No protection is given to employees at all if I understand correctly.

Reminds me of the Robertson / A&E fiasco but Negro employees.

I'm not holding my breath for NFL action.

They won't miss me anyway....I was gone after I threw my shoe at Bob Costas when he lectured me at halftime about gun violence.

GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women