Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70491
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47795
pyramider46370
bambino40457
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #226
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Do you know that insurance benefits are actually income? Yes but not taxed as income.

But treated as an expense by large co. Yes

So we all pay for that fuc'd up law. Only in the sense that the income is tax free.

If you are self employed you do not get that benefit. True, but that should be the issue. Health insurance cost should be taxed or not taxed equally to everyone.

Just like when anybody gets a tax break....we all pay more, or in theory should.

So this BS about not wanting to pay for others health insurance is way more nuanced than we are all letting on. McCain had it right in 2008 on this issue.
I agree with what you are saying but my point is more that using insurance to pay for routine medical costs is actually driving the cost of health care up. In spite of that the idiots in Congress and the white House are forcing the problem to be the solution. It will not work and health care costs will increase. That will inevitably lead to rationing to control the costs.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #227
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I'm not sure to be fair why everyone isn't on board with universal healthcare in the States. Its not as if a country as wealthy as yours will have the issues that we do back in the UK. I can't seem to get me head around the hold up really. If the wealthy want immediate attention they will simply opt for a more expensive private route. We do have some issues with NHS back in "Jolly Ole" but at least all our citizens are getting equal healthcare regardless of income. Here in the States your entire system is based on capitalism which I'd imagine would result in some sort of compromise between what we have in Britain and what you lot will have in the coming years. In fact, I'd imagine in some way it may well be a wee bit better. We have quite long wait times for medical procedures in England currently which is one thing I doubt will ever be the case in America. And, honestly it shouldn't be with the wealth you Yanks have. Actually, the Tories wanted to move the NHS to a more "capitalist" style of universal healthcare and it got shot down in Parliament thankfully. Right. I'll stop before I get torched by some rightwing nutter mentalist.
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #228
Laz
Valued Poster

The problem is that capitalism is a force that continually improves a product and lowers costs. If you take that out of the equation the way insurance does or national health care would you will end up with high prices and lower quality service. There are ways of supporting the needy that do not require the government to control healthcare for all.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #229
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Laz:

Yea, mate that's what you have currently. As an individual in the MDical profession hint, hint...I can attempt to put my own spin on it as far as it goes with your healthcare. The problem is resulting in many ways from the uninsured taking trips to the ER because that is the only way they can get treated due to their financial situation. That in itself is crippling your healthcare system. Or, I should say "OUR" healthcare system as I am now a citizen of this country. Poor folks will never pay back the cost of their respective ER visits because they don't have the means. Plus many of these individuals have poor lifestyles(drug addicts, smokers, obesity or other issues, etc...) which results in further deteriation of their condition even after treatment. So, IMO what this country needs is socialized medicine but with some sort of cut off point. The buck must stop somewhere! Why give a smoker new lungs if they aren't going to adhere to a smoke free lifestyle? Endless procedures with no success rate is a major issue with the state of this countries healthcare. Obviously, I was only giving a couple of examples of the cost and benefit aspect pertaining to those in this country who are both poor off financial along with poor lifestyle habits. Thus, resulting in endless strain on the healthcare industry. Personally, as much as I am for universal healthcare in America I'm not sure you lot could make it work. America is a capitalistic culture. It may simply not be workable. And, I'd go on to say that is why this administration is force feeding you socialized medicine. Right, where was I? Erm, I think if you as citizens can put up with a wee bit of unrest in the new healthcare plan in the "short-term" years down the road you'll in many ways have what we in Britain wish we had now. *As a nwbie to this forum and a newbie to Oklahoma I realize this post shall undoubtedly get a load of negative banter. I respect everyone's views and thoughts. In saying that let the flaming begin;-) Cheers!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #230
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

The current health care plan is tied up in the courts. I doubt, and hopefully, it will never see the light of day. There are a million ways to implement basic healthcare that could take immediate effect.

Make doctors and anyone with a state license do pro bono work.

Institute neighborhood clinics and in schools for basic, primary care.

Psychological / Psychiatric care for those that need it, and stop treating mental illness like you would a cold.

Take everyday medicine to the poor instead of depending on the poor, illegal, uneducated to come in for basic health care they can't afford.

Eliminate heroic end-of-life care.

Required exercise in school.

Sliding scale for REAL single payer healthcare. Not this nonsense of everybody pays or gets taxed unless you make less than $14,400.

Improve the diets in schools.

Tax tobacco products out of reach.

And ultimately we need to take a decision whether health care is a right. And if it is a right does the common man deserve the exact same health care as Bill Gates. I can tell you when it gets down to making that decision it will be yes - if he can pay for it.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #231
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Olivia I agree that a simgle payer plan should have been implemented.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #232
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Yes or no: Do you think insurance benefits are handouts?

Yes or no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Employee benefit packages are defined and offered by the employer to each prospective employee when the employee is hired.
Since you find it impossible to answer the question, let me rephrase.

When you pick up a prescription and it's paid for by your health insurance, do you consider that a hand out?

Yes or no?

Simple question.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #233
Laz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaldevil View Post
Laz:

Yea, mate that's what you have currently. As an individual in the MDical profession hint, hint...I can attempt to put my own spin on it as far as it goes with your healthcare. The problem is resulting in many ways from the uninsured taking trips to the ER because that is the only way they can get treated due to their financial situation. That in itself is crippling your healthcare system. Or, I should say "OUR" healthcare system as I am now a citizen of this country. Poor folks will never pay back the cost of their respective ER visits because they don't have the means. Plus many of these individuals have poor lifestyles(drug addicts, smokers, obesity or other issues, etc...) which results in further deteriation of their condition even after treatment. So, IMO what this country needs is socialized medicine but with some sort of cut off point. The buck must stop somewhere! Why give a smoker new lungs if they aren't going to adhere to a smoke free lifestyle? Endless procedures with no success rate is a major issue with the state of this countries healthcare. Obviously, I was only giving a couple of examples of the cost and benefit aspect pertaining to those in this country who are both poor off financial along with poor lifestyle habits. Thus, resulting in endless strain on the healthcare industry. Personally, as much as I am for universal healthcare in America I'm not sure you lot could make it work. America is a capitalistic culture. It may simply not be workable. And, I'd go on to say that is why this administration is force feeding you socialized medicine. Right, where was I? Erm, I think if you as citizens can put up with a wee bit of unrest in the new healthcare plan in the "short-term" years down the road you'll in many ways have what we in Britain wish we had now. *As a nwbie to this forum and a newbie to Oklahoma I realize this post shall undoubtedly get a load of negative banter. I respect everyone's views and thoughts. In saying that let the flaming begin;-) Cheers!
The problems you identify here are for those without insurance or money. We have not made any serious effort to address cost effective solutions for them. Stop treating them at ER's for routine care. Send them to clinics that can provide the services cheaper. Nurse practitioners or PA's can handle the vast majority of those cases. Require them to perform community service to pay for their care if they are physically able. Limit what care will be provided. Yes, ration care that has an extraordinary cost associated to it. I agree it is stupid to expect taxpayers to pay for a lung transplant for a smoker. Why spend a million dollars to extend someones life a short time.

Everyone else can pay for their services and competition will drive innovation and lower costs. Those things will also benefit the poor in the long run.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #234
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Olivia said: Make doctors and anyone with a state license do pro bono work.

*Okay, good fucking luck with that one. There is no bloody way that will happen in this country. Sorry, but it barely works in Britain. And, we consider ourselves a load of "do-gooders". Try telling that to the majority of new medical students! Sadly, far too many medical students are in medicine for money rather than the "do-good" aspect.

Laz said:
Require them to perform community service to pay for their care if they are physically able.

*Again, not a bloody chance in Zeus's arse hole that would ever work. How would you enforce such an idea? If that was in place you'd have a dodgy prison state.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #235
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:

When you pick up a prescription and it's paid for by your health insurance, do you consider that a hand out?

Yes or no?

Simple question.

If youre looking for a simple yes or no answer from IB it wont happen ... but rest assured your question will be answered with another question.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #236
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

Yes or no?

Simple question.
No.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #237
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
If youre looking for a simple yes or no answer from IB it wont happen ... but rest assured your question will be answered with another question.
Caught you in another lie. You are too predictable, CBJ7.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #238
CJ7
Valued Poster

based on my personal experience

No.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #239
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Dress it up however you want. In the final analysis that is exactly what it is: expecting something for nothing. And if you believe that is right, then you are a loser.
Quote:

Yes or no?
Quote:
No.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #240
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
True, but that should be the issue. Health insurance cost should be taxed or not taxed equally to everyone.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post

I agree with what you are saying but my point is more that using insurance to pay for routine medical costs is actually driving the cost of health care up. In spite of that the idiots in Congress and the white House are forcing the problem to be the solution. It will not work and health care costs will increase. That will inevitably lead to rationing to control the costs.
The problem is the system we have now. We still pay for folks that do not have proper health insurance.

We pay in the form of free health care at country hospitals.

For instance if a woman get preggo because she can not afford say birth control. We then pay for her pregnancy, the birth of the child and any follow up expenses.

Many contend that the birth control is way cheaper in the long run.

That is what people do not take into consideration.

So the question then becomes...do you not want to pay for birth control or do you not want to pay for all the results that not paying for birth control results?

Now then we might want to take a look at the whole system but to frame this debate into snap shots instead of a whole movie distorts the real problem(s) IMHO.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women