Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47609
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 02-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #226
MrAtomic
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdburf View Post
MrAtomic, do you know if ERAPS is crediting former ASPD users because of their paid BCD status or number of reviews they completed? I do not have BCD access, it appears, on ERAPS and am just wondering how to go about getting back what I paid for. ERAPS has my reviews that I posted to ASPD, just wondering if they're going to grant the credit given by ASPD for those reviews.

Ferd,

That's a question best asked there. I'd think that the folks who run eccie would prefer that the business of one board is kept to that board. Just like I'm sure they'd prefer the business of eccie to be dealt with on eccie.

MrA
MrAtomic is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #227
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

I assumed this was ok since your announcment was made on this board. I am sorry if this isn't allowed... And since they have my reviews but haven't granted BCD access, I guess that kind of answers the question.
ferdburf is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #228
Kit-4-Kat
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 1399
My ECCIE Reviews

hmmm Well, logically, ferdburf, if there is DIFFERENT leadership/ownership on the NEW board, your access on the OLD board would be defunct. Just being objective.
Kit-4-Kat is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #229
ferdburf
Valued Poster

So my reviews are still good (at least good enough to keep in their database), and ERAPS will use my reviews as well as other former ASPD hobbyists' reviews to lure potential new customers, but ERAPS doesn't want to honor the credit extended and promised by its predecessor? Objectively, that has a horrible odor to it (with no associated "blue water" for it to swirl in). From their subjective perspective, I suppose it's just peachy-keen and even profitable to appear to be an ongoing/successor business enterprise here to serve the masses.

What legal right did ERAPS have to that database? Did ERAPS buy assets but not liabilities? Did the current owners of ERAPS merely have access to the database and decided to do a little copy-and-paste?

It's not really important to me to have answers to the above questions, of course, those are just some thoughts swirling around in my lil monkey brain.

While it's never a good idea to place all your eggs in one basket, I was taught early on that once you get "burned" by somone in a business transaction, you don't do business with them a second time without doing a little extra due diligence ("Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"!) to assure yourself it's not going to be a recurring pattern. And in all sincerity, the money/reviews isn't even the issue; the issue, to me -- and this is just my opinion -- is how a business treats its customers. I'm sure people still recall the events of two months ago.

I don't know how ERAPS became the owner of the database, but their mere current possession of it puts them in the same bad light as the then-existing ASPD owners, in my humble opinion, absent some explanation of the details of the transfer of the database. While the future success of ERAPS can only help providers and hobbyists alike in the long run, I think I'll watch from the sidelines until I'm sure ERAPS isn't going to stop the action 30 minutes into a 60-minute session and take the money and run out the door, leaving me with my dick in my hand. Again.

Oh, and I am sorry if this isnt allowed...
Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #230
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

I went over there to see if my old handle was guested. I had TxSacker guested on ASPD before it went down, because I wanted TxSacker to go away. But guess who I saw over there, TxSacker.

Well rekcaSxT emailed support and asked that the zombie that is TxSacker be killed for good.
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #231
Angelimnot
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6088

Anyone having anything to say to me.. needs to bring it to my board.. its not eccie staff's place to have to deal with questions about my site.

rekcasxt.. if you will e-mail me at support@eraps.net I will take care of that for you asap.

The database didn't have records of the guesting.
Angelimnot is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #232
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelimnot View Post
rekcasxt.. if you will e-mail me at support@eraps.net I will take care of that for you asap.
Done.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #233
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Angelimnot, since you're recently lost a family member please accept my sincere condolences for your loss. That's a painful part of life we must all accept and deal with. I've learned that individuals deal with that loss in their own unique ways, and I hope that you and your family are coping with the loss. From the things I've read about your sister, I'm sure I would have probably had great admiration for her, had I known her, and possibly you as well, if circumstances were now different.

However, regarding your response to my post, you assert that the legal rights to the database that former ASPD members contributed to and paid to access are none of our business, even though that's the database we paid ASPD's choice of third-party administrators to access. I agree with you 100 percent that it's none of our business from a legal standpoint barring any other factors. However, when you or ASPD's successors/assignees start asking again for money to access what we've already paid for, through credit-card debits or reviews, I certainly see that as a legitimate question considering the circumstances, and I won't waiver from that view, even with my itty-bitty dick in my hand.

Regarding your characterization of me as a "classless jerk," it appears that you've taken personal offense and your characterization is the result; please understand that this is nothing personal, since we do not know one another, but merely a business transaction that ended up in the southern hemisphere for lots of folks similarly situated that had no control over the situation. You and your family were in control, at a very bad time in your life, however.

I am indeed . . . this ferdburf guy...

Oh, and do feel free to PM me if you'd like to meet sometime and talk this over. First round's on me. Second round's on me as well, in honor of the former owner/founder of ASPD. It would be my pleasure!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #234
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Encounters: 63

You are truly a class act Ferd, well said.
KohanaKoa is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #235
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdburf View Post
Angelimnot, since you're recently lost a family member please accept my sincere condolences for your loss. That's a painful part of life we must all accept and deal with. I've learned that individuals deal with that loss in their own unique ways, and I hope that you and your family are coping with the loss. From the things I've read about your sister, I'm sure I would have probably had great admiration for her, had I known her, and possibly you as well, if circumstances were now different.

However, regarding your response to my post, you assert that the legal rights to the database that former ASPD members contributed to and paid to access are none of our business, even though that's the database we paid ASPD's choice of third-party administrators to access. I agree with you 100 percent that it's none of our business from a legal standpoint barring any other factors. However, when you or ASPD's successors/assignees start asking again for money to access what we've already paid for, through credit-card debits or reviews, I certainly see that as a legitimate question considering the circumstances, and I won't waiver from that view, even with my itty-bitty dick in my hand.

Regarding your characterization of me as a "classless jerk," it appears that you've taken personal offense and your characterization is the result; please understand that this is nothing personal, since we do not know one another, but merely a business transaction that ended up in the southern hemisphere for lots of folks similarly situated that had no control over the situation. You and your family were in control, at a very bad time in your life, however.

I am indeed . . . this ferdburf guy...

Oh, and do feel free to PM me if you'd like to meet sometime and talk this over. First round's on me. Second round's on me as well, in honor of the former owner/founder of ASPD. It would be my pleasure!
Hardly classless IMO.

ASPD/ERAPS is my hobby past. ECCIE is my hobby future.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #236
Guest032514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 3495
My ECCIE Reviews

Did anyone try and read ASPD's TOS before it went down? I wasn't able to access it.

I signed up for ASPD - not eraps. I prefer my info not be used without my express permission. Since they're using old ASPD handles and pw's - eraps TOS is neatly sidestepped by logging in with your ASPD info.

I've done got spoiled with proactive owners.

Fred, class all the way hun. If you wanna pay to be yelled at..book with a Domme. It's more enjoyable.
Guest032514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:27 AM   #237
OG-Slippery
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11
Default ERAPS is Live

If this is inappropriate, mods please delete it.

ERAPS is now live. There are still some bugs mostly some of the "skins" don't have all of the icons and sometimes you get a message that you don't have permissions to do something that should work. A couple of us have posted in the Shreveport area.

What is most amazing is how much of the old database is there. I know some question that but I'm glad it is there.

I'm not starting this thread to get a conversation started here about ERAPS, it's merits or faults. My purpose is just to let folks know they can login there. Conversations about ERAPS should probably take place there.

Note: I'm using the template/skin "--Breeze" at ERAPS. It seems to work pretty well. Very few of the icons are missing.

Slippery
OG-Slippery is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #238
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelimnot View Post
It does amaze me though, that other sites are not allowed to be mentioned on eccie.. unless someone is talking shit about them..curious....don't ya think?
Angel, no it's not curious at all. You might not realize this since you came into the picture after the passing of your sister, but ASPD had a hard-fast rule about the mentioning of competing websites. The rule was there for the many years I was a part of the staff, and it was so aggressively enforced that the mentioning of another site was blocked with asterisks (*******) and the offender was met with warnings, points, banning,etc.

It was not until the last 4 weeks of ASPD's 10-year existence that the head admin of your new board came into the picture and revised those long-standing rules temporarily until restoring the restriction in the final days.

ECCIE does not have those rules. We do not disallow the mentioning of competing websites. However, there is a place for it... and it's right here on this thread. I would hope that you're not suggesting we allow glowing remarks about other sites and edit, delete, or censor the critical ones. That's not going to happen, as this site was built on allowing free expression, within the reasonable boundaries.

So just like Siskel and Ebert had opposing viewpoints about the latest movie, there too may be opposing viewpoints about the different competing boards out there. That's perfectly acceptable in my eyes. People will come to realize that your board is a new board, with new owners, and the ideals and philosophy put in place will be what you and your partner make of it.

Whether members have closed the door on that chapter in history, or whether they warm up to your new board will be entirely up to each individual. I went over and took a peek at it last night after you texted me and it looks like a very nice place. Well put together, and kudos to you for saving the database of your sister's board. That old information was important to alot of people, and like I said before I resigned at ASPD, I wish you guys the very best.

St. C

Note for the readers: Again, you may discuss competing websites on ECCIE, but there's a place for it, and that place is on this thread. As on any thread, avoid getting too nasty, insulting, etc.....but contrasting opinions, positive and negative remarks are both fine.
administrator is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #239
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Christopher View Post
Note for the readers: Again, you may discuss competing websites on ECCIE, but there's a place for it, and that place is on this thread. As on any thread, avoid getting too nasty, insulting, etc.....but contrasting opinions, positive and negative remarks are both fine.

God Bless America!!!

KohanaKoa is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #240
Horn^I^Dog
Ambassador

Encounters: 11

Slip:

There is no and won't be any policy against mentioning "competing" sites on eccie. The only request is that there be no bashing and in general the discussions be civil.

St. Chris discussed the matter far more eloquently than I can in this thread:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=286&page=15

If folks want to venture to multiple boards, I for one support their decission. Obviously my persona and biasedl view is that I just damn like it here. I truly enjoyed my six years on aspd and suspect the successor site will do well. I just prefer things here. Once again, I'm biased. But I think folks that know me understand that my preference has nothing to do with my position here. My ego doesn't need stroking. (Although since I haven't seen my ATF in far too long something else could use dome stroking.)

Wether you're a lurker, a frequent poster, or something in between your presence is appreciated.

Thanks,

HID
Horn^I^Dog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women