Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59978
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 06-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #196
LAVixian
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 18955
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
LAVixian might have a different answer, but for me, money.
respect
LAVixian is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #197
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
And for the record, PJ. I'm Dopey, not Stupid. Pay attention.
Okay, that was a mistake. Sorry Dopey.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #198
oshins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

A couple of points...
To Am-A-Pleaser: There is a book, "How To Lie With Statistics", good read. It will make you look at all statistics differently form now on. Based loosely on this theory I 'proved' two opposing viewpoints to be statistically correct using the exact same data. Moral of the story, the statistics they show you are to lend credit to their argument, no other reason.

To PJ: When you asked for peer reviewed journal articles showing the dangers of second hand smoke to those who ...what was it ... only occasionally might sometimes be likely to encounter second hand smoke? I offer this, http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/SHSBibliography.pdf. This is a bibliography with roughly 630 peer reviewed journal articles on the dangers of second hand smoke. Also known as passive, or environmental smoking. The bib also has summaries of each study, one of which addresses your point exactly:
Panagiotakos, D.B.; Pitsavos, C.; Chrysohoou, C.; Skoumas, J.; Masoura, C.; Toutouzas, P.; Stefanadis, C., "Effect of exposure to secondhand smoke on markers of inflammation: the ATTICA study," American Journal of Medicine 116: 145-150, February 1, 2004.
This study sought to investigate the effect of secondhand smoke exposure on inflammatory markers related to cardiovascular disease, and concluded, "Our results suggest that exposure to secondhand cigarette smoke leads to inflammation and
oxidation. Even occasional exposure was related to increased levels of some inflammatory markers, and the effects of secondhand exposure were similar to the effects of active smoking."
I don't actually care where you(anyone) stands on the issue of smoking in restaurants, but I personally don't like to smell it. If I go into an establishment and it reeks of smoke, I'll find another.

peace
-oshins
oshins is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #199
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshins View Post
I don't actually care where you(anyone) stands on the issue of smoking in restaurants, but I personally don't like to smell it. If I go in to an establishment and it reeks of smoke, I'll find another.

peace
-oshins
Which kinda makes the market based argument valid.

I don't care for it smoke, don't get me wrong but the real argument in my mind is the one of local control. Do the people that cry for local control want the Fed's to pass a law banning the banning of smoking?

How ironic that would be.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #200
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVixian View Post
smoking is 100% banned in all places that serve food so how could I blow it in your face while we are eating???
Uh, the entire point of this 14 page thread is whether or not that (forcing other patrons to ingest 2nd hand smoke) should be allowed. I assumed your point was that it should be. Maybe i was wrong.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #201
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
So to keep saying "just give them a choice" seems like it's little more than to say "let's go back to all establishments allowing smoking".
In Atlanta if you own a smoking bar there are many rules and regulations that have to be met. You can't just open the door and declare yourself a smoking bar. Why is it such a problem to have smoking establishments and non smoking establishments? Let the general public decide where they would rather dine and drink. Most restaurant owners would not like to go back to allowing smoking. Too many rules, regulations and angry patrons.
Quote:
This way, they wouldn't lose the smokers, and since every other restaurant was doing it, they wouldn't lose non-smokers either.
In today's world there are many more non-smokers. There is no way that they would go back to the smoking and non-smoking sections. Smoke will linger into the non-smoking section. I really don't blame non-smokers for not wanting to be around it.
Quote:
This simply puts everyone on a level playing field, and let's the quality of the restaurant determine it's success or failure. Not whether or not it's willing to expose it's employees to a risk it shouldn't have to expose them to.
Why does there need to be a level playing field? A fine dining restaurant isn't at the same level as a greasy spoon joint. It's about choices. Why shouldn't I be able to have the choice of what kind of place I want to spend my money. Oh, then the employees you keep speaking of won't have a choice. If all restaurants allowed smoking, they would have to work in a smoky environment.
Quote:
But it is something that i'm sure some business owners actually appreciate, even if they would allow smoking if they were able/forced to.
I don't think any restaurant owner would want to be forced to have smoking. Owners simply would like to be able to choose what type of clientele they would like to cater to. Smokers or non-smokers.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #202
oden
Valued Poster

Quote:
Uh, the entire point of this 14 page thread is whether or not that (forcing other patrons to ingest 2nd hand smoke) should be allowed. I assumed your point was that it should be. Maybe i was wrong.
No, the point is whether the owner of an establishment should be the one to determine if it is smoking or nonsmoking. What is being missed here is that there is are two minority groups here, one that smokes and another that gets incensed when someone smokes in their presence. The rest of us deal with it unless it gets out of hand one way or the other. The fact that the extreme nonsmoking minority could not sway the middle to boycott smoking establishments led them to take it to the courts and the ballot box. For smokers to get their rights will probably take the same until we all start paying attention when government starts infringing on our rights that were probably conceived in a smoke filled pub.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #203
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
In today's world there are many more non-smokers. There is no way that they would go back to the smoking and non-smoking sections.
I'll say this. If i thought the 2nd part of your statement was true, i might be willing to change my position. If only 1/2 the restaurants in my area were non smoking, i'd be ok with that. But in spite of the changing times, i don't necessarily believe that is how things would shake out.

The ratio of smokers to non smokers even before the ban locally was skewed far in favor of the non smoker. But nevertheless, there still was not 1 establishment that was strictly non smoking. Maybe you're right, maybe now that people have realized just how much they appreciate it, it would be different. Who knows?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #204
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oden View Post
No, the point is whether the owner of an establishment should be the one to determine if it is smoking or nonsmoking. What is being missed here is that there is are two minority groups here, one that smokes and another that gets incensed when someone smokes in their presence. The rest of us deal with it unless it gets out of hand one way or the other. The fact that the extreme nonsmoking minority could not sway the middle to boycott smoking establishments led them to take it to the courts and the ballot box. For smokers to get their rights will probably take the same until we all start paying attention when government starts infringing on our rights that were probably conceived in a smoke filled pub.
Word! Dopey (and his chorus) still doesn't get it.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #205
oshins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

To the point of the thread... What should be and reality are rarely the same thing. For example, the seat belt laws. I think all children should be required to be in a seat belt or carseat. Period. Until they reach the age of majority their protection is paramount. As adults, we should be able to choose. The reality is that seat belts do save lives and the insurance lobby has successfully convinced congress that we all need to be protected from ourselves.
I used the seat belt example to illustrate another point, cell phones and driving. A recent statistic (refer to the above comment on statistics) showed that ~80% of all auto accidents are a result of 'distracted driving' the majority of the distractions cited were cell phone use. So using the same logic as that which gave us the seat belt laws... why is texting and driving still legal?
oshins is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #206
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
There is a book, "How To Lie With Statistics", good read. It will make you look at all statistics differently form now on. Based loosely on this theory I 'proved' two opposing viewpoints to be statistically correct using the exact same data. Moral of the story, the statistics they show you are to lend credit to their argument, no other reason.

To PJ: When you asked for peer reviewed journal articles showing the dangers of second hand smoke to those who ...what was it ... only occasionally might sometimes be likely to encounter second hand smoke? I offer this, http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/SHSBibliography.pdf.
no-smoke.org eh? Now, given your first paragraph, why would I bother even looking at this drivel?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #207
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
So using the same logic as that which gave us the seat belt laws... why is texting and driving still legal?
Why are three women allowed in a car?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #208
John Bull
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
Well, once it kills off the old dumbasses, maybe the younger generation will open their eyes and we'll see 10% or less.
You'll have to find a better result than that since the greatest percent of new smokers is young, teen age girls. They think it will help them become thin.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #209
Willen
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

PJ, you're on your own with that last comment.

As someone who lost a close family member to lung cancer, and who grew up in a house with pea soup smke layers, I'm hugely anti-tobacco. But it should suffice that public establishments display whether they allow smoking. Then those of us with any sense will simply stay away.

Cell phones and driving are another matter completely. IF you accept the substantial research that indictes that driving should never be part of a multitasking approach to living your life, then the rest of us have every right to ask that cell phone use should be illegal while driving. Sure, enforcement is a bear and will always be wildly imperfect, but so what?
Willen is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #210
petiteassman
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default you KNOW

thousands of guys spend time and money in new orleans hoping to get some girls to flash their boobs. if they knew anything they would take every spare dime and second brab lavixian and dallas rain and enjoy every inch of these women in every way possible while they enjoyed each other. while i never smoked ill trade a little ciggarette bu to enjoy vixians but anytime. as for the blowing.. god i gotta get to la. before i die
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVixian View Post
Lol, well I for one would love to meet a non-smoker who would DIE to kiss my ass... and I promise that you would LOVE my BLOWING.....
petiteassman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women