Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70481
biomed161043
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453037
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47774
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: In answer to speedies question
I have used a firearm to protect myself, another person, or my property. 26 52.00%
There have been times I wished I had a gun to protect myself or others. 5 10.00%
There have been times that I wished I DID NOT have a gun to protect myself. 0 0%
I hope that I can get through life without ever needing to use a gun. 19 38.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #181
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
He's been in that position behind a male before. You can just tell. And he's probably just that quick about it too.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #182
WombRaider
Account Disabled

You forgot choice E: people on the internet are fucking idiots and will claim just about anything.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #183
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeg505 View Post
Yep, definitely have to agree that if one thinks the training they got as part of their CCL "requirement" is sufficient and they can stop there because "I'm licensed".. they are sadly mistaken... and will probably end up getting themselves or others, often innocent bystanders shot.

Its why I go at least once a month to a friend's farm where he has the space and backstop area for a safe shooting/training area and practice. Practice seated draws. Practice standing draws. Practice movement from cover to cover, along with magazine changes/reloads. To me, one of the key things is, the person has to be mentally prepared to actually shoot. If they think just drawing and "showing' the gun will take care of it but aren't ready to shoot.. they shouldn't carry.

20 years in the military with both rifle and pistol marksmanship training/qualification and I still need to practice on a regular basis. Thinking you are trained and don't need anything else because you attended CCL class.. will just get you hurt.
lots of practice..how do you practice shooting someone while having someone attack/shoot at you?

you remind me of Forest playing ping pong by himself, how did that make him ready to play against someone who hits back?
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:44 PM   #184
RedLeg505
Oral Aficionado

Encounters: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
lots of practice..how do you practice shooting someone while having someone attack/shoot at you?

you remind me of Forest playing ping pong by himself, how did that make him ready to play against someone who hits back?
So.. the military never practices unless they have people shooting back at them? Let me guess.. it doesn't count unless the other guys are using live ammo too, right?

So.. all the military marksmanship and qualification training is totally useless and a waste of time?
RedLeg505 is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #185
Guest030824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26
Default Military training

Military training was available if you searched it out. I was assigned to a prison detail for a month. To begin with we were assigned 12ga shotguns. Before our first day was over we were told we would carry the 45cal 1911. The training was next to useless. I spoke to the prison NCOIC and requested additional training. Surprise the NCOIC was a gun nut and for the remainder of the month we spent every other day on the range with the 1911. I fell in love with that slab sided piece of iron. Because I was in the Signal Corp I was assigned an M-2 Carbine. The team I was assigned to was also issued a 50cal machine gun a crew served weapon. While I was stationed at Fort Richardson my CO was a gun nut. We would check out a case of 45 ammo and go to the range after normal work hours. It was called PT???? My CO connected up with the army pistol teams and allowed us to get better quality 45s. I would never be good enough to be on a pistol team but I did receive more training than the average solider
When you carry a weapon you take on an additional responsibility. If you think packing a gun is a joke that you are better off with out one..
Guest030824 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:46 AM   #186
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeg505 View Post
So.. all the military marksmanship and qualification training is totally useless and a waste of time?
I didn't see anyone post that statement or imply it. But I've not seen every post.

The initial problem (or distinction) is with regard to the natural environment into which the average CHL carrier will possess a weapon, the potential threat the carrier will face, and the limited response time. The average citizen (or even LE) shooting incident is 2-4 meters away with the other party moving toward you with a drawn or in the process of drawing a weapon. A normal person can traverse 7 meters in about 1.5 SECONDS. Your response must be instinctive, you don't have time to think about it. You don't have time to raise and point your weapon ... in fact that puts the weapon almost a meter closer to the attacking person and vulnerable to be plucked out of your hand or deflected away. There are usually innocent people around and walls that will not stop a round. Think about: restaurant, theater, mall, grocery store, gas station, parking lot, school.

Your extensive experience in handling firearms and your comfort level, not to mention the good habits of cleaning and servicing your weapons regularly, are all pluses. The mindset of military training (shooting techniques) is often the greatest obstacle to overcome ... as well as the belief instilled that one is "highly skilled" and a "marksman," which breeds complacency.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:56 AM   #187
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I don't know whether you are stupid or just a bad liar.
He's actually both. The substance of the discussion has exceeded his academic and experience level, so he responds like a child does when confronted with similar situations ... stupid, dumb, and failed attempts at being cute.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:38 AM   #188
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Finally a decent opinion post. Here is the question to go with it, how do you force people to get the proper training and NOT turn the entire process into a money making deal for the state. Can you grandfather people with military service or law enforcement experience? What about people who competitively shoot but have never served in either the military or LE? What about temperment. This is what they did in CT when I was there. To get a CCL you had to have a recommendation from a qualified pistol instructor, an interview with either a sheriff or police captain, and you paid $15 for a FBI background check. You laid down $30 and you got your CCL in less than two weeks. It didn't cost you a fortune, it didn't take the maximum amount of time, and you were not forced to go through training that you didn't need (if you are already competent).

Still, none of that is a magic bullet. You can still miss, you can still misread a situation, and you can still do something that is personally very bad at the spur of the moment. Just like a trained policeman.

I'll ask another question, why are this about an honest person wanting to carry for protection? Where is the angst over stopping some criminal from using a weapon to commit crimes?
Quote:
I don't know whether you are stupid or just a bad liar. Where did you come up with this stuff? I have never said that a single afternoon class makes anyone ready for the responsibility. The first part of this thread is about the law and not the training if you didn't notice with your head stuck up your own ass so far. I posted that I approve of Kansas getting out of the way of a freedom but there anyone who chooses to carry should avail themselves of the necessary training. What an ass you are...

As for John Rambo, once again I have never claimed any special status or abilities that you yourself could not obtain (except for maybe telling the truth). Besides, Rambo died in the book. Shot in the head by Colonel Trautman.

You did get one thing right, don't fire if you not WILLING to fire. That is not the same thing as firing moron but you have to be willing.
You never said that? Seems you're ok with grandfathering people in, even if it's been 20 years since they've seen military service. Not forced to go through training you don't need. Of course who gets to determine if you are competent? The state I'm guessing.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #189
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

That was a hypothetical question you idiot. You added the part of being out of the military for 20 years, I didn't. Who decides? In CT it was left to the NRA instructor who was going to put his or her name on the certificate. You could have just asked instead of humilating yourself again. I bet you even own a gimp suit don't you?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #190
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
Of course who gets to determine if you are competent? The state I'm guessing.
"It depends."
Old 04-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #191
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
Training eye-muscle coordination.

You see. You feel the direction in your muscles. Repetition.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #192
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Training helps, then maybe you won't pull your 357 and shoot a guy in the back when you mistaken it for a tazer.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #193
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Training helps, then maybe you won't pull your 357 and shoot a guy in the back when you mistaken it for a tazer.
You talkin' to me son?
Old 04-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #194
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Training eye-muscle coordination.

You see. You feel the direction in your muscles. Repetition.
Is that what they call beating off at Shady Acres?

Orderly: Feel the repetition now, you old fuckers. Feel it in your muscle.

LL: I feel it, but I think I'd learn more if I tried it on you

Orderly: I told you that was only one time you sick fuck.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #195
RedLeg505
Oral Aficionado

Encounters: 138

Quote:
Well, either it doesn't actually help.. or the NYC cops aren't trained very well, or perhaps the NYC cops don't know how to train properly?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1830007.html

9 bystanders shot.. 16 shots fired.. perp killed. Seems like the TYPE of training has a big impact on success in a shoot/don't shoot scenario.
RedLeg505 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women