Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70486
biomed161086
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453050
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47791
pyramider46370
bambino40453
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Is the word Negro slanderous?
Yes 21 15.33%
No 71 51.82%
What's a negro? 4 2.92%
People of color need to learn to get over "words" 45 32.85%
heh... 12 8.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2014, 01:27 AM   #181
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28
Thumbs up Implicit Association Test (IAT)

Relevant to this topic, this may be interesting to some of you:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

[Intro: The IAT measures the strength of associations between concepts (e.g., black people, gay people) and evaluations (e.g., good, bad) or stereotypes (e.g., athletic, clumsy). The main idea is that making a response is easier when closely related items share the same response key.]

A brilliant technique to test our hidden biases.
Sarunga is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:09 AM   #182
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:35 AM   #183
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28
Talking

Implicit association.
Sarunga is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #184
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 59

Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #185
essence
Valued Poster

In a few years we will be having a debate on whether the word 'half-caste' or 'mixed race' or 'mongrel' is offensive.

I was a little surprised when I read the following in an important widely reported speech by the Mayor of London:

....we will have a dynamic, diverse, globalised economy and we will have dealt eupeptically and by the normal romantic human processes with the recent period of mass immigration so that our cities are not just proudly British but also boast a vast mongrel energy.

In my part of London (I split my time between Houston and London) a very large number of people are of mixed race, mixed couple are the norm rather than the exception. I still find the racial segregation in American media a little peculiar and old fashioned.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:06 PM   #186
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Derived from the word Negroid. One of the three racial classifications of humans. The others being Caucasoid and Mongoloid.
Correct. Except somewhere along the political correctness line "race" became associated with "location" and not "physical attributes" of a group of people. "Negro" = "African American", "Mongoloid" = "Asian". Except for white folk and everyone south of the Rio Grande. Until about 2000, everyone in Texas who was Oriental called themselves Oriental. Now, its back to location: "Asian." Everyone knew the slurs for Orientals and it wasn't "Oriental." "We're screwed, they have a lot of Orientals on their Math team."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude View Post
And in what context it is being said......
Sorry. There's the context it is being said and the context it is being interpreted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spear88 View Post
So it's OK to call an AA hooker Negrolicious?
An upcharge may be involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne View Post
ok... so now that the dust has settled I gotta ask...

One of the options in the poll is People of color need to learn to get over "words"
I can understand people being offended by "colored people." But flipping words and putting a conjunction in the middle to "people of color" and thinking that's a significant change that "makes it right" causes me to question their understanding of English and sincerity of outrage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
In my part of London (I split my time between Houston and London) a very large number of people are of mixed race, mixed couple are the norm rather than the exception. I still find the racial segregation in American media a little peculiar and old fashioned.
Hey essence, on the census forms, job applications, etc in Great Britain what are the "race selections?" Do they even ask that? If you are Jamaican are you assumed "black?"
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #187
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

Hey essence, on the census forms, job applications, etc in Great Britain what are the "race selections?" Do they even ask that? If you are Jamaican are you assumed "black?"
Not sure, I will have to look it up when I get back. I don't think you are allowed to ask on job applications. A couple of years back a London newspaper printed a photo of somebody who lived (not visited) London, and it represented every country in the world bar one or two.

Lots of Nigerians, Ghanains, Somalis, you name it you got it.

I think Jamaicans would fall under 'afro-caribbean'.

The list of possible racial classifications probably gets longer each year.

Don't ever think caribbeans and west Africans get along together. Totally different. Nor do Ghanains and Nigerians. Nor do different Nigerian tribes.

As your question implies, most Caribbeans are mixed - sexiness and madness!

Seriously, my Jamaican family has a lot of Scottish in them.

My current London squeeze is Zimbabwean. The avatar girl is mixed/caribbean.

I don't know how my kids classify themselves, I guess mixed.

I'm a quarter irish, hence my bandy legs and thirst for Guinness and a touch of the 'playboy of the western world'.

Isn't every body tired of all this?

ps. to the person who said 'foremost I am American', I assume he meant he was human first, American second.
essence is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women