Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70486
biomed161081
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453050
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47790
pyramider46370
bambino40453
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #166
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

[quote=China Doll;374399]
Back to my previous post, it's all about where the behavior of the individual harms innocent people the least.quote]

Damn, 23 posts it takes me and this chick says it all right here in one sentence.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #167
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

[quote=Doove;374751]
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Doll View Post
Back to my previous post, it's all about where the behavior of the individual harms innocent people the least.quote]

Damn, 23 posts it takes me and this chick says it all right here in one sentence.
No she doesn't get it either...

We, as a civilization, should not have to limit ourselves to the lowest common denominator of risky behavior.....

The "innocent people" have options. Don't eat there. Go to a different restaurant.

We shouldn't all have to accomodate poor Tushy because he has a medical condition....

And, geez, CD, given what you do for a living I'd think you'd have some appreciation for choice....
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #168
China Doll
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9942
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
And, geez, CD, given what you do for a living I'd think you'd have some appreciation for choice....
Atl, please reread my post. My post was intended to be based on my opinion of why the ban is in place. It logically stands that if you believe that the government should not have the right to ban smoking, then you should be willing to give up certain similar protections. I personally am not willing to give those up, therefore I think the government should have the right. I also believe that there are different ways that it could have been handled, but that's not the topic, is it?
China Doll is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #169
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Atl, please reread my post. My post was intended to be based on my opinion of why the ban is in place. It logically stands that if you believe that the government should not have the right to ban smoking, then you should be willing to give up certain similar protections. I personally am not willing to give those up, therefore I think the government should have the right. I also believe that there are different ways that it could have been handled, but that's not the topic, is it?
You talk in generalities.

1. Do you think you should be able to sell your body/sex for money in a private establishment? (Yes/No)

2. Do you think you (or others) should be able to allow others to smoke in their private place of business? (Yes/No)
Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #170
China Doll
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
You talk in generalities.

1. Do you think you should be able to sell your body/sex for money in a private establishment? (Yes/No)

2. Do you think you (or others) should be able to allow others to smoke in their private place of business? (Yes/No)
Yes and yes! Let me explain it a little better...I think it might be my fault after all that I'm not being clear. I know I can get a little wordy.

Do I think that businesses should be able to determine whether or not people can smoke in their establishment? Yes.

Do I think that the government should be able to supercede this? Yes.

Why? Because if the government didn't have this right, then the government also would not be able to protect me from other things.

I was addressing the question, "Does the government have the right?" instead of the question, "Should the government have done this?"

I think a better solution might have been to regulate the separation between smoking and nonsmoking sections.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #171
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
One point that hasn't been mentioned is this. If a business owner is attempting to do the right thing - protect her customers and employees from the dangers (imagined or not) of 2nd hand smoke, is it fair that said business owner should actually lose business because of it to the guy across the street who doesn't care one way or the other.......but allows smoking only because it increases business?

Let me put it another way. 2 businesses are competing against one another. All else being equal, service, product quality etc, should a business owner be allowed to resort to gaining an edge over the well meaning guy across the street by subjecting his employees to 2nd hand smoke?

It's a very gray area, the whole thing. I think we've determined that. But if we're going to err, err on the side of caution.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #172
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
One point that hasn't been mentioned is this. If a business owner is attempting to do the right thing - protect her customers and employees from the dangers (imagined or not) of 2nd hand smoke, is it fair that said business owner should actually lose business because of it to the guy across the street who doesn't care one way or the other.......but allows smoking only because it increases business?

Let me put it another way. 2 businesses are competing against one another. All else being equal, service, product quality etc, should a business owner be allowed to resort to gaining an edge over the well meaning guy across the street by subjecting his employees to 2nd hand smoke?

It's a very gray area, the whole thing. I think we've determined that. But if we're going to err, err on the side of caution.
See, I do read some of your gibberish

So now this is an employee argument? (and one that is currently playing out in the courts)

My POV is as long as the employees are given full disclosure it is their choice to apply or not, given the conditions.

Believe me a soldier or firefighter both incur greater risk of workplace peril than I do sitting in an office. Should we abolish high(er) risk professions?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #173
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Why? Because if the government didn't have this right, then the government also would not be able to protect me from other things.
Are you trying to say you don't want to be subjected to my masturbating next to you at a restaurant?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #174
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Are you trying to say you don't want to be subjected to my masturbating next to you at a restaurant?
See Doove, that's funny. I'll laugh at that
Old 06-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #175
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Bovine Feces! That makes no economic sense whatsoever. Oh wait, you are a liberal. Liberals don't understand economics or how market systems work.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #176
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
See, I do read some of your gibberish
And you even seem to have understood in on the first time through.

Quote:
My POV is as long as the employees are given full disclosure it is their choice to apply or not, given the conditions.

Believe me a soldier or firefighter both incur greater risk of workplace peril than I do sitting in an office. Should we abolish high(er) risk professions?
If someone doesn't take an available job as a firefighter, i think they'd be forgiven. If they don't take an available job as a waitress, they're vilified for not paying their own way. Ironically enough, by the same people who are hiding behind the argument that they supposedly have a choice. That difference means your analogy question fails.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #177
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Bovine Feces! That makes no economic sense whatsoever. Oh wait, you are a liberal. Liberals don't understand economics or how market systems work.
To paraphrase: It doesn't fit in with my argument so it must not make sense.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #178
China Doll
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Doove, there is a time and place! Now I shall step off my throne to punish you.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #179
oden
Valued Poster

Quote:

Exactly, If your majority would do as you say the the minority business would go broke. But if there were people that would want to frequent them in sufficient numbers then they wouldn't.I know when the bartender of my favorite bar is a smoker and I don't go in because she draws other smokers.They loose my money on those days. I also know the bartender that pours the best drinks and wears the sexy clothes and doesn't smoke,she and the establishment get more money. It's called capitalism and I think we need more of it not less.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #180
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
And you even seem to have understood in on the first time through.

If someone doesn't take an available job as a firefighter, i think they'd be forgiven. If they don't take an available job as a waitress, they're vilified for not paying their own way. Ironically enough, by the same people who are hiding behind the argument that they supposedly have a choice. That difference means your analogy question fails.
So the person gets a job in the bar or restaurant that doesn't allow smoking. In Atlanta there are a lot more public places that don't allow smoking. It shouldn't be that hard to find a job in a non smoking atmosphere.
Ansley is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women