Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40437
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #166
essence
Valued Poster

There's a lot of this about:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...on-martin-case
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #167
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

After reading that, I can't help but notice that it is all about Zimmerman.

Why not put as much effort into dwelling into what was going on with Travon Martin?
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #168
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
After reading that, I can't help but notice that it is all about Zimmerman.

Why not put as much effort into dwelling into what was going on with Travon Martin?
True. Why do you think that is?

But isn't the point that we all (not Z or T) bring our cognitive biases to the case?

Instead of saying:

By contrast, in the self-defense frame, we see Zimmerman as acting in self-defense (that is, protecting himself) because of the context.

the article could have said:

By contrast, in the thug gang member frame, we see Martin as the dangerous aggressor and Zimmerman as acting in self-defense (that is, protecting himself) because of the context.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #169
gnadfly
Account Disabled

This is the most often used photos in the Martin/Zimmerman case.

Does that person to the left look 17? 6'3"? Not to me. He looks like he's 14. Why aren't the media using a more up to date picture of Trayvon? Did they ask the Martin family for one?

Is the picture of of the person to the right a mugshot? It looks like he's wearing orange prison garb. Why is he so unhappy and look so guilty? Supposedly Zimmerman suffered a broken nose. Why isn't the media using a more up to date picture of Zimmerman? Did they ask Zimmerman or his representatives for one?

Its not about stereotyping or race. The objective public just wants to know what they guys looked like the day of the shooting. Showing baby pictures and mug shots don't promote an accurate portrayal of who the participants were.

But it sells newspapers and clicks.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #170
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Fox is now using the gold-toofed pic of Trayvon and the suited up pic of Zimmerman. Big time walking it back. CNN had a flash of the suited up Zimmerman but saw no bad pic of Trayvon, yet.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #171
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Zimmerman's "duty" as a neighborhood watch captain was fulfilled when he reported Trayvon to the police. There is a reason why they told him to stand down. It was so this type of thing does not happen. Had Zimmerman obeyed the police orders, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Self-defense? Bullshit. Zimmerman wanted a fight. He wanted to be a "hero."
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #172
pantsontheground
BANNED

Encounters: 3

A 911 dispatcher is not a cop. How many times do I need to point this out?
pantsontheground is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #173
Exotic Beauty
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 11213
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
Fox is now using the gold-toofed pic of Trayvon and the suited up pic of Zimmerman. Big time walking it back. CNN had a flash of the suited up Zimmerman but saw no bad pic of Trayvon, yet.
I agree with you now from the last thread I was in,this made 11 or so pages and I am still confused,I think I will do like you said and just see what happens after making it through reading this much.It really is sad and it really is crazy all together.

Yes,where is his recent photos? The 2 posted dont look updated and the videos on the other thread didnt look like this pic on the right either.
Exotic Beauty is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #174
sensualsanaa
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1199
My ECCIE Reviews

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...artin-shooting

So why does this video obtained the night of the shooting show someone who appears uninjured? Unless the police now clean your injuries at the scene of course. I have no idea what's going on here anymore. The more details that come in the more cloudy the story is getting.
sensualsanaa is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #175
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

Does that person to the left look 17? 6'3"? Not to me. He looks like he's 14. Why aren't the media using a more up to date picture of Trayvon? Did they ask the Martin family for one?

Is the picture of of the person to the right a mugshot? It looks like he's wearing orange prison garb. Why is he so unhappy and look so guilty? Supposedly Zimmerman suffered a broken nose. Why isn't the media using a more up to date picture of Zimmerman? Did they ask Zimmerman or his representatives for one?

Its not about stereotyping or race. The objective public just wants to know what they guys looked like the day of the shooting. Showing baby pictures and mug shots don't promote an accurate portrayal of who the participants were.

The reason the main stream media won't use current photos is because they're biased. The photo that is most commonly being used for Trayvon was taken when he was twelve. These are photos of what he looks like today.

joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #176
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Sensualsanaa, you are correct, nobody really knows what happenned.
That is, except the Sanford Police and the DA. That is why they did not arrest Zimmerman.

Bowing to political pressure, a Grand Jury migh come down with a future indictment. But, the Sanford Police, and the DA, will know that the evidence will not support a conviction, and when all of this show is over, we will have riots similiar to what happenned during the Rodney King incident. Blacks will burn down their own neighborhoods, innocent people will be hurt, and Jesse, Al, Spike and the rest of the race baiting poverty pimps will have gotten exactly what they wanted.

All because people acted when as you said it, "had no idea what's going on anymore".
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #177
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

Here's another one the main stream media won't be running.

joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #178
MC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
[/URL]
That is NOT Trayvon, at least not the one who was killed:

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/st...1#.T3VLHjH2Zic
MC is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #179
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

It's never a good idea to try a case in the media. J. Bush and B. Obama should have kept their mouth shut as should various state and federal legislators. No system is perfect, but there is a system in place to investigate this.

It's never good when someone is killed, or beaten, nor is it good that neighborhood watch is even necessary, but shit does happen and NONE of the politicians shooting their mouths off get paid to deal with this particular kind of poo.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #180
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Here's another one the main stream media won't be running.

So you've never flicked anyone of what does an unflattering picture have to do with the circumstances that took place that night. It is irrelevant.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women