Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47596
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 06-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #1666
Guest121013
Account Disabled

If you look at schaub vs romo over the last 3-4 years (excluding injuries) they are pretty much dead even, both about 64% completion, high 90s passer rating, similar ints and Tds, and pretty equivalent offensive lines although last year I'd have to give that edge to the texans. Both top 10 quarterbacks based on rating, so really it all comes down to the rest of the team excelling around these guys to get it done and help them bust through into the playoffs. Offense really hasnt been the issue for either team (barring qb injuries), it's getting a stop on defense when it's needed. texans were on point defensively last year and should be able to hold a similar level this year (I'd expect some drop in ranking just due to the fact they're playing basically all of the top qbs in the game except for Brees. cowboys could be there defensively just depends on how well their new pieces gel together.
Guest121013 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #1667
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12
Talking Dopey vs Homo... The stats

ZIG... good post!! I agree with 99.2% lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixshowdj View Post
Schaub? better than Romo? Thats's the funniest shit i have heard since PEEWEE herman!!!! im not even gonna put up stats to compare the two,because i'll embarass Schaub,and i got respect for him! I will say Schaub is pretty good,but if he doesn't get it done this year,and can't stay healthy,with the defense they have...Kubiak will be looking for a new quarterback......you can book that....

Ah, Mixshow... Romo may take Schaub easy in a popularity contest. Hell, you can also say Romo has had the better career. He has a better win/loss record (the ultimate stat). In that regard, sure, he's the better QB.

But just positional stats? Over the recent years?? .. And I for one am not saying Romo is better Schaub. However, given the choice to start for the Texans, I like Schaub better. That's simply because he knows the system. If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd say the same for Romo for the same reason--- Experience with the club.

Daddio, I feel ya on the mobility issue. Especially so, because IMO our offense is better suited for a mobile QB (boots and rollouts). In that regard I am a little worried about Hobbit Foot making cuts on that that thing next year...

As far as no extension... I think its a combination of the emergence of TJ/Salary Cap/Foot... I REALLY don't think inefficiency has anything to do with it. Plus, I like him having to compete to keep his job for 2013. IDK, maybe the Kubes does too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Post the stats...

OK going to the stat board. Past 5 years...

2011.............Rating/Rank Yrds
Romo............102.5/4th
Schaub...........96.8/6th (INJURED Played only 10 Games)

Schaub............92.0/9th
Romo...............94.9/(INJURED played only 6 games & not ranked on NFL.com)

Schaub.............98.6/7th 4,770yds/1st (Pro Bowl)
Romo................97.6/8th 4,483yds/4th (Pro Bowl)

Schaub............92.7/7th
Romo...............91.4/8th

Romo.................97.4/5th
Schaub.............87.2/13th (((Schaub's 1st year with Texans)))

There you have it...Schaub? Romo? stats? Very Similar.
IMO the bone-head ways they both tend to loose big games is similar as well. They are also BOTH VERY UNPREDICTABLE.

Looking at the receivers, Dre is by far superior to any other receiver on either team. Witten and Daniels, IMO are about even. But overall, receiving core, Cowboys FTW.

Other than 2010/2011, IMO Cowboys had a better running game. I guess the same could be said for the Defense.. However, both Defenses were atrocious 2010.

Bottom line.
Neither Schaub or Romo are Elite QB's. They are both better than average. They both are reliable enough to get you easy W's and can put up impressive #'s. However both are unpredictable when the pressure is at its peak. Schaub is ugly and slow and he throws last second INT's. Romo is a pretty boy and fumbles last second snaps. LOL

IMHO, the underlying question is who will be under the most pressure?

Romo is only signed through 2013. His current contract has him raking in $16.8 Mil in that final year. The Cowboys are just as cap strapped as the Texans, if not worse. The Cowboys have had six coaches, one general manager and one playoff win in the last 15 seasons. The Cowboys just completed an 8-8 season in which they beat only one team that finished .500 or better.
So, they are also under immense pressure to get into the playoffs and a lot of that rests on ROMO. I honestly believe his job is on the line as well if they fail to see the playoffs. Especially with Jerry Jones' recent comments.

If the Cowboys and Texans both fail to make the playoffs, will it be the end of Romo/Schaub... Thoughts???

What team will have the biggest changes if they don't make the play offs??

Cowboys?? Texans??

----respectfully----
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #1668
klutz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Good post... not going to lie, I've never been a big Schaub fan. But that year we had no running game and he put up 4700+ yards, I decided to cut him a break. I gave him even more of a break after I found myself squirming in my damn seat every time I saw one of our backups tossing the ball around.

I'm sure this has been argued to death... but... a healthy Schaub at QB in the playoffs last year, in my mind at least equals a win over the Ravens... not saying we would have made it to the Super Bowl, but the way the Pats played against Baltimore... I could see it happening. But no sense speculating... it didnt happen.

Who would I choose to be our QB, Schaub or Romo?

Schaub lacks the charisma and presence I'd want in a QB... but face it, we're talking about a QB, not a f'ing prom king. He did good during the lockout, bringing his people together. He works hard and his team mates like him.... one thing I really like about him... you dont hear shit about what this guy does when he's off the field other than charity work. I dont care who he dates, that he likes golf or any of that other crap... which brings me to...

Romo... certainly charismatic... certainly let's his voice be heard when he's pissed off about sometime. He has good stats... I dont like his publicity, but then again... it's prolly just because I dont like the team or the owner

Long story short... the only real edge I see Romo having over Schaub is that fact that he's actually won 1 playoff game and he's taken his team to 1 or 2 other playoff/wildcard games.

As far as the teams.... I liked the Cowboys move in the draft, getting a coveted CB that looks like he's going to have a great career. I like their HB... I think Murray will have a good year. I'm sure it's been said over and over again the past couple years but.... Dallas has a lot of talent... and year after year that talent is being wasted not making it to the big game....

... the exact same way the Texan's talent is being wasted. Recently proclaimed the best WR in the game (before a season full of injuries... is turning 31 and he finally got his first playoff win. To see that guy retire without a ring is a shame... but it happens... Marino, Moon, Campbell... they never saw a ring but those names will live on forever as great NFL greats.

Damn it... I'm tired of talking about it.... is it f'ing football season yet? The part of the year without football is absolutely boring! Basketball and Baseball is hardly a proper substitute to such an amazing game.

Counting down til August.....
klutz is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #1669
klutz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubchasertx View Post
Justin Forsett? Really? Guess we have another kick returner...
If Martin keeps progressing, I think he'll have that job and maybe PR as well. Either way, it'll be good to have a dual position person like him around... assuming he can keep possession of the ball.

I liked Ward... and I'll miss him... but this guy is younger and I think he'll do a pretty good job... if not, we really dont lose much if we end up cutting him.
klutz is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:25 AM   #1670
Mixshowdj
Account Disabled

Awesome!!!! Zig..willie....and klutz....you all hit the head right on the head!!! (willie,thanks for giving me a break on putting up stats..i owe u one). I agree hold-heartedly on everything you guys said! But i tell you what,you guys notice how good the texans got once they got their secondary fixed&got a decent defensive coordinator? Jerry ought to sale the team if we (cowboys)dont make the same progression in maturity,that the texans made this year,even though we play in a way tougher division. The only team that worries me is the eagles,and green bay...but if we stay injury free,we should get in the playoffs.....good job guys!
Mixshowdj is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #1671
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I stated a few posts ago that I prefer Schaub over Romo but I do acknowledge that from a talent perspective, they are very close to each other. Thanks again to Willie for always providing the stats! I do not consider Schaub or Romo to be elite qbs in the Rodgers/Brees mold but in my estimation they are both legitimate Top 10 NFL qbs. Until 2010 Schaub never had the talent around him that Romo did. I agree with Klutz that a healthy Schaub probably would have put the Texans into the AFC championship game and perhaps the Super Bowl.

Going into the 2012 season, if the Texans are going to be successful we need a healthy Schaub, Foster and Johnson. If all three are healthy for the entire year, the sky is the limit for this team. In my mind, the one player they can't afford to lose is Schaub with Dre a very close second. I say this not because Schaub is a more talented player than either Dre of Foster but because he plays the position that is the most important in professional football. And he plays the position very well but not great!

I am often accussed of being a Schaub lover. To set the record straight I love the Texans as a team and I view Schaub to be a critical component to the teams success. Does he always make the right calls and reads? No, but very few qbs do. They all have their flaws, Schaub included! Bottom line, If Schaub remains healthy in 2012 the Texans will be very difficult to beat.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #1672
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

So if slob doesn't do good this year do you think tj will replace him? Unless we have a complete breakdown I don't see us with a high draft pick.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #1673
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

I can't see Kubes going to the bullpen for TJ unless Schaub gets hurt. I don't think there is that much of a drop off with TJ but the experience is a huge factor in Kubes(Lubes) eyes. Schaub is pretty freaking tough too, just a little too brittle. Schaub has moxy and is a good leader, his drawback is that he is slow with his reads, release and foot speed. I am happy that TJ is getting multiple reps now as I can see the Jags targeting Dopey's foot in game 2 of the season.

Great posts by all of you guys, Can't wait!! One Eye, where the snatch pics at??
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #1674
Guest121013
Account Disabled

Agreed, Kubes is going to live and die with schaub as his qb, and Shaub has huge incentive to do well since its a contract year for him. If schaub does well and stays healthy he probably gets a big deal and finishes his career here and they use Yates as trade bait (he'd be decently attractive to teams since he has a playoff win). Downside of schaub doing well is that cap structuring in 2013 might be difficult and cause some difficult decisions to be made in order to make room for a new contact for schaub since he's probably gonna want a pretty big deal.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #1675
klutz
Valued Poster

Initially I would be prone to say that Schaub and Johnson were safe no matter what happened next year.... and I wont necessarily trade my full instincts on this off of one interview, but then there's this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...mqb/index.html

They are running the Texans like a business, and as much as it hurts us to lose players that we love... DeMeco... Williams... Winston... Jones (jk)... when you start getting good players, they start needing to be paid... and they will be coveted by other teams and offered big money.

With that said... you cant just keep someone around that you're giving big money to who isnt producing. Despite his resume, if Andre keeps having hammy issues, how long will we keep him around hoping to see the old Andre?

In my opinion... Schaub is not a top 10 quarterback... but I think he's around or slightly better than top 15. He has pretty good numbers but he messes up here and there... and sometimes in clutch situations. The fault does not completely rest on him... it's taken forever to get us a good running game, and finally the year that we tie in everything together (minus a couple injuries on key players...) he then gets hurt himself.

Last year was the equilibrium year of everything tying together... when sparks could have flown and something really special could have finally happened in Houston. That fizzled when fat ass Albert Haynesworth stepped on Schaubs foot.

What was I saying?.... Oh.... basically everyone on the team is replaceable.... and although I dont like the idea of our players going out there, merely motivated to win in order to be retained and paid.... that's basically what it all boils down to. If Schaub has a bad year on a contract year.... and if Andre has a year full of hamstring and knee injuries sidelining him... I dont expect seeing these guys around.

I hate the salary cap, but at the same time I LOVE IT.... because although I hate losing Mario Williams like we did... (honestly I'll miss Winston more)... at least it's fair to the point to where a team has to put together their %'s going towards what portion of their team and they cant just go crazy giving away tons of money to everyone... Baseball pisses me off even more when a rich team buys up all the players around the league that shows a hint of promise from the poor teams that just cant compete.

Is it August yet?!
klutz is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #1676
Guest121013
Account Disabled

Klutz, great post, couldn't agree more. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Dre and his knee since he's already had it scoped and fluid removed this offseason, so you gotta wonder if he'll be the old Dre or will be showing signs of age and be limited, and if he does what that means as far as him staying with the team past this season with so many other players that need to be resigned. Schaub will get more slack from the front office and would be the last person replaced on the team in my opinion only because it's hard to acquire and install a top 10-15 "franchise" quarterback. I think the only way he'd ever be let go is if he has a career ending style injury.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #1677
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig0013 View Post
Schaub will get more slack from the front office and would be the last person replaced on the team in my opinion only because it's hard to acquire and install a top 10-15 "franchise" quarterback.
Welcome to the "Texans Bullpen!" Sometimes it can seem cold and dreary in here, but it is always good for a laugh or two!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #1678
Satin
Valued Poster

Default Welcome Zig and Klutz...

You fellas are brining a lot to this thread... Good job guys...

There's a lot going on with the Texans...they bring in WR Mike Sims-Walker and veteran FB Moran Norris for minicamp.

They sign Mercilus to a contract. I heard a rumour they are afraid they might lose Barwin or Watts in the future like they did Mario. Damn.
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #1679
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Satin....Watt and Barwin are too valuable to loose. I could see it though as they are out playing their contracts. Barwin, I believe is more likely to walk as he hits free agency 2013 along with Dopey. If he has another monster year and Schaub delivers as promised, it would be tough to keep them both.

Foster Ranked #25 in NFL Top Players of 2012

However, Rice out ranks him as #23. IMO Foster is the best RB in the league. Peterson, Rice, Forte, and MJD are all neck-and-neck with Foster though. What sets him apart is his catch and run duel threat ability. Its become a norm to us Texans fans to see Foster both rush and catch for over 100 yrds in any given game. I doubt that can be said for the others. But is this where it stops for the Texans in the Top 100? BTW you fellers thinking "Foster is just a product of the system" are full of shit. LOL..

Last year Dre was rated #7 in the Top 100 Players. Was the injuries enough to knock him off the list completely? Or, will he still be among the top 20 not yet revealed?

The BIG 3 seem to be the theme of the NBA Playoffs this year. Just curious, who do you fellers think have the best BIG 3 offense in the NFL?

Texans: Schaub, Dre, Foster?
Patriots: Brady, Gronk, Welker?
Eagles: Vick, Jackson, McCoy?
Giants:Manning, Bradshaw, Cruz/Nicks?
Saints: Breez, Grahm, Coleston?
Any others?

According to this article on Yahoo Sports, the best BIG III combo belongs to the Texans.

BTW U Cowgirl lovers had one if not THE best big 3 in Aikman, Smith, and Irving...
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #1680
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Eh, I'm not a big fan of the "The big 3's 4's" etc...

I'd rather see "THE BIG 11", I think that's pretty much what our defense was last year. And if Wade's system works wonders, I don't think it would kill our defense to lose Barwin (Not Watt though, this guy is going to be a Fucking Boss on the field) but any other guy outside of Watt and Joseph, we should be good to go.

And that whole list is bullshit, they just put on this shit so they can get the ratings, I'm taking Dre as my number one WR and Foster as my number one RB any day of the MotherFucking week.

But I'm telling you guys, as much excitement as there is with out WR's (I'm actually pretty pumped if we get Sims-Walker) and other skill positions, my cock has currently (and has been since draft day) throbbing by our big boys up front. I can't wait to see some poor souls get pancaked by the guy's we've got/drafted.
TheDon is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women