Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 392
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70717
biomed162700
Yssup Rider60422
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48462
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41752
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36109
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #151
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I was very careful to use the word "more", not "all". You highlighted all my text except for the word "more".

more people on the left are concerned with the lives of others than those on the right

You obviously do not understand the definition of "open borders".

a situation in which goods and people can enter and leave a country easily

I do not support that in this country. No one I know does. I do disagree with you in that a person with permanent legal status should have the right to vote.

No one wants to do away with ICE. Some have suggested that the responsibilities of ICE be moved elsewhere.

As for the direction this country is moving. A whopping 23.6% of those polled (average over many polls) believe that this country is headed in the right direction. 68.8% say we are moving in the wrong direction.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...untry-902.html

Not sure how I can prove this or even want to take the time to try but I don't think when talking about defining stereotyping, the rules say you must use "all" and "more" means you have not stereotyped.

If I say I'm a Republican and you say to me that "more" Democrats believe something than Republicans, you are stating a stereotype. "if you are a Republican, you don't have as much compassion as most or more Democrats", you have stereotyped me by comparison, whether I am part of the majority or minority of the Republican party. When you put any number of Democrats on a higher pedestal than any number of "defined" Republicans, IMHO you have stereotyped according to me and everybody I know , he said sarcastically..

I think the distinction is something you tell yourself so as to not think you just stereotyped a group of people on the Republican side. Just my opinion but I would value you showing me proof that you are right. I do appreciate learning from experts why my thinking is wrong.

Quote:
You obviously do not understand the definition of "open borders".

a situation in which goods and people can enter and leave a country easily
Speaking about leaving out an important word or words, I wonder why you didn't include the entire definition?

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=definiti on+of+open+borders&sourceid=op era&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Quote:
An open border is a border that enables free movement of people between jurisdictions with few or no restrictions on movement, that is lacking substantive border control.

If there is no border control, no ICE, no enforcement, then a country can be over run by people whose intent is not movement back and forth but a movement in to stay because staying gives more freedom and more economic prosperity in theory until of course to many people over whelm the job market and you end up with people hanging out in the Home Depot parking lot looking for day labor and getting welfare because they manged to have a child on American soil. And this idea that AOC and company don't want to eliminate ICE, they just want to move some funds around is as disingenuous as the defund the police movement. The leaders of BLM don't want to move some funds around, they want to disband the police and AOC and company want to completely eliminate border enforcement and to say Biden will not go along with that after he is elected, is in my opinion, naive.

Quote:
I do not support that in this country. No one I know does.
Surely you realize what a silly, naive statement that is. Because you don't support it doesn't mean the party you will be voting for doesn't and will institute that policy whether you and your friends agree with it or not. Are you completely out of touch with what is happening in the Democrat party? Granting citizenship to all illegals at the same time as saying that border control will be done away with is the definition of open borders and whether you and your hand full of friends believe it or not, it is a substantial part of the Democrat platform that Sanders and AOC have forced Biden to "consider". Biden has said he doesn't "want to go that far" for fear of alienating to many voters in the Nov. election but what about when that election is over and Biden doesn't have to worry about "anything" having said he will probably be a one term President and hand the reins over to even more Liberal persons than he.

Remember Obama telling Medvedev that he will be more "flexible" after he is re-elected? This is the thinking of all persons running for President. After you win, your ideas change and with the force of the leaders of the Democrat party, Sanders, AOC, Warren, Castro, Beto all pushing for zero border controls while Biden says he merely wants to "de-criminalize" border crossing, what the hell does that mean other than, there will be no punishment for crossing the border illegally.

But I guess to your way of thinking, nothing harmful can come from millions of people mostly coming and not going, would be wonderful for America. Everybody will have a job in the new high tech economy where any jobs left for actual humans will require a higher level of education than the millions seeking to come to the land of plenty, not plenty of jobs mind you but the fantasy that once was America when manual labor jobs were the norm and in abundance.

I think you are living in a dream world bearing no resemblance to the real world. A world where you and your friends don't see any chance of what you don't want for America, more poverty, higher taxes for the wish list of AOC and a return to being energy dependent on foreign countries who will not be giving up oil and gas production, only we will be doing that making not a wit of difference to climate change.

But hey, dream on.

HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:29 PM   #152
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

As far as stereotypes go.. a family member of mine who is super involved in the political machine in Texas puts it like this.

If you're 20 and you're a Republican.... you don't have a heart.
If you're 40 and you're a Democrat.... you don't have a brain.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:32 PM   #153
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
As far as stereotypes go.. a family member of mine who is super involved in the political machine in Texas puts it like this.

That’s an old saying but true.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:34 PM   #154
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
That’s an old saying but true.

And honestly-- its absolutely right in a lot of ways. While I wouldn't describe myself as Republican.. my views have become more conservative over the years.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #155
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
And honestly-- its absolutely right in a lot of ways. While I wouldn't describe myself as Republican.. my views have become more conservative over the years.
I grew up in Pittsburgh. It’s always been run by Democrats. My parents never discussed politics. I really didn’t pay much attention to it until I was in my late twenties when I started a family in the Reagan years. I learned personal responsibility quick. I describe myself as a conservative, with a dash of libertarian.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #156
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:

It's possible to stereotype and be correct and not all stereotyping deceitful. I think both SR and I dragged it out beyond being useful.
Old 07-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #157
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
Are you completely out of touch with what is happening in the Democrat party?
He's either out of touch or in denial...

Hey speedy, remember this? Wake up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMSmoNOZJ9Y
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #158
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
I grew up in Pittsburgh. It’s always been run by Democrats. My parents never discussed politics. I really didn’t pay much attention to it until I was in my late twenties when I started a family in the Reagan years. I learned personal responsibility quick. I describe myself as a conservative, with a dash of libertarian.

If I had to define myself--- for the most part I'm a social liberal, fiscal conservative. If Sally wants to get an abortion-- that's her business, not mine. If Sally wants to smoke... ahem..... that's her business, not mine. If Sally wants to marry Suzy... that's her business not mine.

If Sally wants me to pay for her abortion, her marriage, and her.... smoke-- then it becomes my business.
Old 07-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #159
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
If I had to define myself--- for the most part I'm a social liberal, fiscal conservative. If Sally wants to get an abortion-- that's her business, not mine. If Sally wants to smoke... ahem..... that's her business, not mine. If Sally wants to marry Suzy... that's her business not mine.

If Sally wants me to pay for her abortion, her marriage, and her.... smoke-- then it becomes my business.
Hey Grace, I like the way you think!

I am likewise a fiscal conservative who has long tried to ignore the left's annoying "culture war" bullshit.

Problem is, Sally is now defacing and destroying our public and private buildings and monuments, setting police cars on fire and organizing flash mobs to loot Macy's and the local liquor store. Makes it kinda hard to keep ignoring her, ya know what I mean?

Sally is starting to remind me of Alex/Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction... "I'm not going to be IGNORED!"

If we don't stop Sally now, you'll come home soon and find your pet rabbit boiling in a pot on your stove!!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #160
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I totally agree with your scenario. Much better chance, although a slim one, of Democrats gaining control of the Senate than Republicans gaining control of the House.
None of this matters. This country is finished. Donald Trump had to deal with nothing but chaos his first term. Trump's heart may have been in the right place but those that hate him are the ones to blame. When this country's political people decide to do what's best for the people and not just the interests of the elite then this country will continue in a downward spiral. Now because this country's people are so incredibly fucked up regardless who wins the election in November there will be mayhem in many of America's largest cities. Bloodshed, looting ect only because they didn't like the outcome.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:03 PM   #161
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Hey Grace, I like the way you think!

I am likewise a fiscal conservative who has long tried to ignore the left's annoying "culture war" bullshit.

Problem is, Sally is now defacing and destroying our public and private buildings and monuments, setting police cars on fire and organizing flash mobs to loot Macy's and the local liquor store. Makes it kinda hard to keep ignoring her, ya know what I mean?

Sally is starting to remind me of Alex/Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction... "I'm not going to be IGNORED!"

If we don't stop Sally now, you'll come home soon and find your pet rabbit boiling in a pot on your stove!!

Well.. vandalism, arson, looting, and burglary are all crimes and if Sally is doing those things, Sally should be in jail. There is a massive difference between breaking the law and letting a person fuck their own life up if they so desire.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:16 PM   #162
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:

Concise, to the point. I like it! SR will complain that you don't care "enough" about Sally and Sally is all our responsibility and if Sally has relatives in another country, they should come her too because it isn't nice to have family spread out all over the world and if Sally can't support them, then by golly we should.

So while SR was stereotyping me as someone who doesn't care as much about Sally as he does, he was right proving that stereotyping isn't always incorrect.

I hope he appreciates my sarcasm but I doubt it.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:23 PM   #163
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Ehhh.. I wouldn't hang your hat on Sally's relatives... I mean.. our First Lady doesn't seem to mind chain migration.....
Old 07-21-2020, 10:08 PM   #164
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:

well, thats one variation of it.

if you're young, you have a heart.
if you're old, you have a brain.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:31 PM   #165
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
well, that's one variation of it.

if you're young, you have a heart.