Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70452
biomed160832
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452972
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47668
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35564
Mojojo33117

Old 05-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #1561
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easye View Post
If i would do anything with him, I would cut his pay, move him to special teams and let him learn in practice and use him in situational roles. Use the money to bring in veteran db help and your problem is solved!!!
Excellent analysis! You might as well duck. One of Satin's unwritten rules for this thread is to not disagree with him or his lapdog on any football related matters!

Satin's Rules for the Road: As long as you repeatedly high five his "EXPERT ANALYSIS," you will be ok.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #1562
Mixshowdj
Account Disabled

Ok guys...lemme give you the real info on kareem jackson: He's had 113 tackles,3 interceptions,no sacks,and NO PRO BOWLS,FOR HIS CAREER!!....for a 1#draft pick? Are you kidding? on top of that he gave up the 2nd most yards in the NFL,for corners yards after the catch,with 11.1,which means it was a 1st down everytime a receiver caught a pass! Anyone know who was#1....Patrick peterson of the arizona cardinals,who was a ROOKIE,with 64 tackles,2 interceptions,4 punt returns for TOUCHDOWNS,and a PRO BOWL alternate. I can assure you the texans would love to have him right now instead of KJ! This is the scouting report on kareem jackson:"very fast player (4.45 40)but doesns't PLAY FAST. Has a tendency to get tripped up by double moves,by smaller,quicker recievers,and is NOT strong enough to press bigger,stronger players,such as DEZ BRYANT of dallas,or MIKE WALLACE of pittsburgh.He is a physical player who excels at press coverage,but does not tackle well.He does not shy away from contact,but needs to correct his technique of taking bad angles to make plays" Now..does anyone know who was the other corner when he was at alabama? JAVIER ARENAS of kansas city chiefs,who was the 3rd corner behind brandon flowers(pro bowler,3rd year) and brandon carr,who is now with the dallas cowboys,and is only 25 years old! What the TEXANS SHOULD have done was trade him,or cut him,get assante samuel for the 3-year 15million the falcons signed him for,and They would be the favorite to represent the AFC in the superbowl. Any Questions?
Mixshowdj is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #1563
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixshowdj View Post
What the TEXANS SHOULD have done was trade him,or cut him,get assante samuel for the 3-year 15million the falcons signed him for,and They would be the favorite to represent the AFC in the superbowl. Any Questions?
I agree, I would prefer to have Samuel as well. Only problem is that it takes two teams to make a trade and the Eagles agreed to make the deal with the Falcons, not the Texans. Other than that, I like your idea!

Perhaps you can make a call to the Falcons and see if they would be willing to trade A. Samuel for K. Jackson. If they say they are willing, give Rick Smith a call!

Problem solved!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #1564
carkido45
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Excellent analysis! You might as well duck. One of Satin's unwritten rules for this thread is to not disagree with him or his lapdog on any football related matters!

Satin's Rules for the Road: As long as you repeatedly high five his "EXPERT ANALYSIS," you will be ok.
Well why don't you start your own thread BIGTEX if you don't like how Satin post on his own thread he started .

You could name your thread
"I'm a big shot with the Houston Texans and everybody else's opinion sucks" .
carkido45 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:04 AM   #1565
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkido45 View Post
Well why don't you start your own thread BIGTEX if you don't like how Satin post on his own thread he started.
I do not have to start my "own thread," in order to post a personal opinion! As long as our respective opinions conforms within the guidelines set forth by the site owners, nothing else really matters! Does it?

It is a "right of passage" within the sports talk world to talk a little shit and talk a little trash. Both Satin and I can do that with the best of 'em! And I suspect we will continue to do so, whether it is in this thread or another just like it. I do not consider it to be anything personal. Hell, he is a lot of fun to hang with. And he damn has a knack for picking out the best looking strippers! I just hope he puts a few of them aside for me to play with!

Carki, don't get your panties in a wad! As far as I am concerned, what is said here is just trash talk! Nothing more, nothing less!

Consider for a moment how boring this thread would have been if every poster always agreed with every other poster!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #1566
Satin
Valued Poster

Carkiddo, man I appreciate it bro..I was almost about the say the same thing. All I can say is all of you pming, calling and texting about some of my man BT somewhat delusional rants- just post it...maybe he will"get it" one day...

As far as disagreeing with me, yeah we can analyze, talk shit, whatever....and I don't have any "lapdogs". Anyone can have an opinion as long as it is backed up by some type of sense and credibility.

BT, I guess you were also in the camp of keeping Amobi Okoye also just because he was also a first pick huh? They finally admitted they made a mistake and moved on. Same thing with this loser KJ. This will be his last year I will bet. So I'll just wait it out and see how many TD's he costs us this year. Hopefully Manning and Joseph can bail him out.

Very nice post Mixshowdj and Easy. I like your points....very well said. Both of you are Cowboy fans, so feel free to stop by more often. Easy I like your "toast" comments..lol. Good stats Mixshow...those are great but could you also post how many times he's been "burnt" by opposing receivers? Someone please look that up..lmao....

BT, we can go clubbing anytime you want bro. Your football analysis ain't worth a damn, but you're fun to chill with in the clubs....be there this week....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #1567
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Bro, the biggest differences between you and I relate to player personnel decisions. I prefer to allow Kubes and his coaching staff to make those decisions. You apparently feel differently. For example, you seem to prefer TJ's 17-19 ppg over Schaub's 27+ ppg, even though Coach Kubes clearly prefers Schaub over TJ.

To illustrate that point, your exact words when TJ became the starter following week 10 of last season were, "we finally have a winning quarterback." There is only one way to interpret that statement. You obviously felt Kubes had been putting a qb on the field (Schaub) who did not give the Texans the best opportunity to win each week. For the record, I feel the Head Coach is much more qualified to make those decisions than you or I.

As it relates to player personnel decisions, I err on the side of caution. On the other hand, you are the consumate Monday Morning Quarterback who always knows more than the Coaches. But your expert analysis is always after the fact, not before! While I err on the side of caution, you err on the side of impatience. Therein lies the biggest differences between you and I.

But there are similarities, we both love the Texans and JoJo!

BTW, send me a text when you get into town! The only days I am in Austin this week are Wed and Thur.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #1568
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Here we go again BT, Jeez!!

You act like Kubes is a genious. Keep in mind this is the coach everyone was ready to run out of town prior to last year. The owner had to step in and hire Wade Phillips because Kubes kept hiring knuckleheads with no experience to the defensive coordinator. Wade saved Kubes ass. McNair kept Kubes around because he does seem to be an honorable guy. In my opinion Kubes is one of the weak links for the Texans. His offense is very predictable and lacks hardly any imaginatin whatsoever!! I would take several unemployed coaches over him right now like Cowher,or Gruden. Just like his play calling Kubes personell decisions are very conservative. He chooses to play the most experienced QB even tho it is obvioius the guy has his shortcomings ie, mobility, arm strength, seeing a blitz and getting rid of the ball quick enough. Everything Schaub does is too slow. If Schaub slows down even more like he probalby will because of his injury he won't last the entire season. I do admire Schaubs heart and will, he is also the team leader. TJ does some things better, he moves and can run, he has a stronger arm but lacks the experience. That is why he had success when he came in for Schaub. It will be interesting to see if Schaub is re signed by the Texans after this year. People say we would have gone to the Super Bowl last year if Schaub were the QB, thats bunk. Schaub never beat the Ravens and folds like a cheap tent under a pass rush like the Ravens had.

Now to KJ, Satin and others are absolutely right. This guys sucks. He did not suck as bad last year as the year prior but credit the pass rush for that. He is still too slow and has no ball skills. Once again the coaching staff, Kubes is nutless in not putting someone else out there instead of this guy. If he was so good why did we draft Brandon Harriss in the second round last year? The nutless coaches don't put him out there to develop. I am still waiting on us to actually develop a CB worth a fuck. Replacing KJ is a tough choice as it is difficult to find quality CB's throughout the league. He sucks but so do alot of other CB's around the NFL.

To recap, weak links:
1. Kubes
2. Schaub's mobility and quickness
3. KJ(Toast)

1, 2, and 3 = No Super Bowl. I hope I am wrong but but none of the list above are Super Bowl worthy.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #1569
Satin
Valued Poster

Nah, BT wrong again bro....at least you're consistent. I have said on many posts that I will trust what the coaching staff does, because they see the players more and it's their job. But that does NOT mean they are always right and that I can't question obvious mistakes, especially as a season ticket holder.

Case in point: Okoye....that was one of the missteps they made and finally admitted it. Same with Kareem. Hell if I'm wrong, I'll not only get you Jo-Jo, but 2 more just like her. Everyone but you can see that dude sucks. Hey DED, would you take him? Mixshow and Easy, would your cowboys like to have him? I would think not. Damn DED, at least Ike has age to use as an excuse..lol. Mixshow, at least Mike Jenkins used to be good...

I guess we have to keep bringing up the same shit on Dopey too huh? Well, TJ is a winner in one aspect. He HAS been to the playoffs and actually won a game. How many playoff wins does Dopey have again? Hello?

So no Monday morning here bro..I'm calling KJ's time as being limited...you'll see...I predicted TJ would win...he did at least one game...

Daddio, excellent post as usual. So is KJ's new name "Toast" now? Lol. I can't wait to see what Dopey does. I HOPE he does well. I hope KJ does too to prove me wrong. But I also hope the Tooth Fairy and Santa are real as well. So much for that.
In the meantime, go Lakers, go Astros, go Dynamo.....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #1570
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Drama over Jackson?

Both are popular opinions: Cutting Kareem Jackson ASAP, and Trying to develop him one more year.

I would blatantly concur with releasing him ASAP. However there also reasons why not.
  • Who the fuck else is out there??
  • #2 overall Defense with him on the field (#1 Defense for a nice chunk of games)
  • No team in the division has a dual threat @WR unless TEN makes huge strides..
  • D.Manning will be back healthy (perhaps another probowler in the backfield) also Demps re-signed
  • J Jo will always line up with the opposing teams biggest threat.

Now reasons for the cut....
  • Like the old saying, :your only as good as your weakest link
  • Exploiting Jackson will (or should) be openents top priority
  • With our front, early throws and balls up for grabs will be prominent. We need backs that can find the ball and have good closing speed. Kareem lacks both thus far.
  • Its not worth sacrificing a season to try to justify a 1st rd pick

Looking at Kareem vs J Jo 2011 Reg season...

Kareem: Games 15|Tot tackles 37| Sacks 0.0 | Passes defended 6 |Int 1| Forced Fumbles 1|

J Jo: Games 15 |Total tackes 40 | Sacks 0.0 |Passes defended 15 |Int 4| Forced Fumbles 1|

These stats don't tell us much. However Jackson was targeted more than J Jo . So 6 compared to 15 passes defended sticks out most to me.

I think lets give him at least 5-6 games though to prove himself. With D Manning back, I feel more confident saying that. If he fails to show any significant improvement, its time to go shopping. I think he improved by not getting burnt so much as he did in his rook season. The main area of focus I think is to locate the ball. He seems to hardly ever turn his head around. CB's that can do that well get more deflections, Int's and less interference penalties. That is the main problem I have with Kareem. The problem is its more instinctive than something that is coachable. Perhaps giving him countless reps and with strong emphasis on those areas in practice and studying film of the better CB's may help him get a feel. Hell, line him up with Dre in practice/ OTA's. If he can figure out how to at least half-ass cover one of the NFL's greatest WR's he should improve significantly. I was hoping we would hold on to Jason Allen and start him over Kareem. That was another WTF decision not to re-signing him in my mind... Though I believe Kareem still has a fighting chance of retaining his position, I'd be a liar if I said it doesn't concern me.

BT, Satin may have strong opinions on the Texans, but looks to me like you do too... I think any football fan is entitled to voice their opinion. I disagree with some of yours and some of Satin's.. I'm sure you both disagree with some of mine. Truthfully, that's how I like it. Your right! It makes the conversation more interesting. But repeating yourself without new information makes it a bore and appear that you take it personally that your opinion is not the popular one. Also, do you seriously think that others agree with Satin's football opinions for no apparent reason other than because he is the Strip Club Fucking King or something??? Come On man.... The dude knows football pretty well and others paying close attention also share the same opinions. He is not the 1st feller pulling for a GTFO party!! Hell there is even a Facebook page dedicated to just that... http://www.facebook.com/pages/CUT-Ka...21648937911450 I'm not sure if you know about the changes to sports 610 radio as your in Austin. But u can listen online. Texans dominate the airways and some of the shows are now being broadcast straight out of the stadium.. Anyway the KJ cut or keep debate has been a big topic since the offseason began.

On Kareem, I agree with you for the most part. On Schaub, I agree with Daddio and Satin about his pocket presence and sluggishness. However, my overall stance resides on THIS YEAR and I think he is our best option. After this year, my opinion could drastically change in favor of TJ or Keenum.

Daddio, I actually like Kubes and his offense and yes it is predicable. Its kind of fun wathcing the game knowing what we will do before it happens. & Schaub seems to do pretty well calling audibles when Dre is in single coverage. As predicable as it may be, its pretty effective. Before Schaub was hurt we were top 10 in overall yards and finished 2nd in rush yds. Until someone is able to keep us from putting points on the board its all good to me. Now that we have our running game together, we are finally seeing its true potential. The primary objective, I think, is to work on some new redzone plays. That was the only blemish other than lacking a dual deep threat. I don't think changing a system that is proven to be effective is a good idea. I say enhance it and perfect it!

As for Schaub, I feel much more comfortable with him starting than ever. Before you fellers (BT aside) unleash hell's fury on me for that statement. Let me explain....

WE NOW HAVE A #2 OPTION CAPABLE OF LIGHTING A FIRE UNDER HIS ASS!! hehehe. Also its the last year of his contract. SCHAUB IS NOW TARGET OF MAJOR SCRUTINY! SCHAUB WILL BE UNDER THE MICROSCOPE...
SCHAUB'S CAREER IS NOW OFFICIALLY ON THE LINE...
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #1571
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy View Post
Daddio, I actually like Kubes and his offense and yes it is predicable. Its kind of fun wathcing the game knowing what we will do before it happens. & Schaub seems to do pretty well calling audibles when Dre is in single coverage. As predicable as it may be, its pretty effective. Before Schaub was hurt we were top 10 in overall yards and finished 2nd in rush yds. Until someone is able to keep us from putting points on the board its all good to me. Now that we have our running game together, we are finally seeing its true potential. The primary objective, I think, is to work on some new redzone plays. That was the only blemish other than lacking a dual deep threat. I don't think changing a system that is proven to be effective is a good idea. I say enhance it and perfect it!
Just wanted to add a few stats regarding Kubes' offense:

Texans 2011 NFL Rank:
1st in Time of Posession 32:40
2nd in Rushing (just reinstating)
10th in scoring 23.8
6th in Scrimmage plays 1,046
8th in 3rd down % @ 42% (only team over 50% was NO)
7th in Turn Overs battle @ +7 (meaning we win more than we loose)

Only issue would be we were 18th in passing. However, the pass yards dropped dramatically when we went conservative towards the end of the season. And no BT it wasn't because of TJ (remember he threw for +200yds his 1st game w/out Dre on the field)... Kubes admittedly went to conservative play calling in an effort to keep the team fresh & prevent injuries heading to the postseason once we had our place at the table secured. Also keep in mind what Kubes was able to accomplish with our dilapidated offense.

Anyway Daddio, the only issue I have bout Kubes is regarding defense. For the same reasons U just stated. However, the tandem of he and Wade make a great pair--an offensive minded coach and a defensive minded coach. As long as Wade is here, I think bringing in Cowher would be a mistake. He is a defensive-minded coach. He and Wade may step on each other's toes a bit. However, if Wade were to disappear, I'd prefer Cowher over Kubes any day. However, Kubes built the team to suit his offense. I am uneasy about drastically changing an offense that is built for a different task. I'm afraid bringing in another head coach would mean we would have to rebuild our offense as well.. Early stages of rebuilding are nothing nice. Generally rebuilding means you loose your best players in order to scrounge up vets that suit the new style. Now that we have so many new coaches on the staff this year, its nice to know we have some continuity in retaining Kubes and Wade.

If somehow we had to choose between Cowher and Wade for head coach, I'd prefer Cowher over Wade.

However, Wade and Kubes together make an excellent pair in my mind. The longer the 2 remain together, the better chances we have at having a top 10 Offense and a top 10 Defense. AND the better our chances are at becoming a DYNASTY..

Anyway enough with the Hypotheticals, here is whats really going on....

Kubes and Smith get Extensions

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...ak-rick-smith/

I know this news may sit heavy with a few fellers here, so on that note lets take the 1st glimpse of...........

The New 2012 Texans Cheerleaders

Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #1572
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:

As for Schaub, I feel much more comfortable with him starting than ever. Before you fellers (BT aside) unleash hell's fury on me for that statement. Let me explain....

[B]WE NOW HAVE A #2 OPTION CAPABLE OF LIGHTING A FIRE UNDER HIS ASS!! hehehe. Also its the last year of his contract.
Willy,

Welcome to the dungeon. Sometimes it gets a little warm down here but you will get used to it after awhile!

BT
Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #1573
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

LOL @ BT... yeah... ok I'll join you down there for awhile.. But for me its a Love-Hate thing.... Take us to the promise land or else.... Or else what??.. Or else GTFO party and we all chant for TJ!!

I love having him in the pressure cooker... I pretty sure they hold off on extending him... TJ, the cap issue, the injury, the new deep threat, the running game, HUGE expectations... its all in place...

This year gives us a chance to see what he can really do or not do...

I got loads of popcorn...

He mustn't fail....

He can't let us down...

He better be good...

He better be perfect!

PS... I still miss my 2 ATF cheerleaders : I was hoping they'd be back..

Larisa and Marisa

Old 05-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #1574
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Good post one eye. Especially the snatch pics, lol. Actually I agree that it is do or die with schaub this year. I heard lubes say today on the radio that they will hold schaub out of any team drills to protect him and keep him from being stepped on. That is very concerning that they still must be this cautious with him. This does not bode well for him finishing the season. I will be the leader of the gtfo party for schaub if he doesnt deliver this year.

Kubes( or lubes) as my iPad wants to keep calling him got an extension so he wouldn't be a lame duck coach. His record is under .500 as texans coach. Can you name any good coach he has actually out coached??? Can you remember any game where we won because of a great call by lubes? Any quality coach beats him like a drum because he is so predictable. When it comes to playoff football you must play to win the game and not play to keep it close.

As far as the stats you listed, you have to credit the defense in most of the impressive stats. Wade saved lubes ass last year and they did make a better combo than what we had which was one of lubes homeboys an inexperienced turd defensive coordinator.

Lubes, Dopey and Toast = Mo, Larry and Curly.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #1575
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
... The main area of focus I think is to locate the ball.
Absolutely. Kareem Jackson is the Texans Buck Johnson for some of you older Rocket fans.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women