Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453026
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47744
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #136
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
For the 20 zillionth time:

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

Being required to point out the obvious is getting pretty tiring.

You don’t get it do you? I built my business of building houses in one of the worst ghettos in Houston. Me. Did I have construction loans, subs and suppliers? Yes, but that doesn’t mean the work building that successful company wasn’t mine.

There were no other builders in the area I was in until about a year after I started in the ‘hood. Did my banker do me any favors by making me put up 35% into the deal and another $15,000 in a CD to secure my first $85,000 loan? Kinda.

Did the banks help me any when I was trying to get loans for my homebuyers? I’d have to say kinda, not yes. I had to get involved several times and threaten the bank with redlining either my customer or the neighborhood. So, yeah!, there’s one for the government “helping” me; well kinda. The regulators certainly out enforcing race related banking laws; I had to shove the loans down the loan officers’ throats to close them.

When I was BEHIND schedule – like 16 weeks - because of a ridiculous variance I had to file with the City for a five unit subdivision I replatted and rain, rain and rain and running close to my budget, I – ya me – was out busting steel to tie the rebar into cages for piers for five houses. It was so hot that when I’d pick up the steel the sweat would sizzle and evaporate out of my leather gloves. Me. Not the guy next door, not Obama, just me, my boyfriend and a couple of day labors. That’s where I learned if you put something on to cover yourself you say cooler than if you have on a tank top.

Two crews of day labors pulled off the job digging the beams on that job because the rain finally stopped and the gumbo baked hard as a rock. Again, I got out on the job and dug with the guys. I tarred all the pipes to the weather barriant. I held the cages when the poured the piers. Me. All five feet of me.

Everyone here wants to talk about the gob’ment putting in roads and infrastructure? Not on that job they didn’t. The variance I spoke of earlier is because the asshole City wanted me to run a street. A real 28’, 13” steel, re-enforced concrete street with curbs because there was an unfinished street running adjacent to my property. It was part of a minority vote buying initiative by Mayor White. A lawyer and eight weeks later, no, I didn’t have to finish out a 35 year old, abandoned street. I did have to being the utilities: water, sewage, gas and electricity to the site at my cost as well as provide storm water drainage.

I will admit HPD responded quickly when I was chasing a crack head down the street, in my Sex in the City heals BTW, that had broken in to one of my rent houses and smeared the blueberry pie he’d stolen all over the walls. Poo Bear went to jail for that one. If he’d just spent the night there and not smeared the pie on my walls, I’d have let him get by with it.

But where, was the gob’ment when my daughter was collecting rent for me once. A gang of, we’ll call them youths, lined up across the street to try to get her to stop. I guess they figured a girl in a high end German car was an easy mark. Negative Mustang. No help was needed to get those checks in the bank. She downshifted and gunned it. Well, I might have had some help since I don’t own the bank I deposited the money in. In fact I won't own any bank charters. But there you go. Help.

How about the time I had another rental broken into and there was water flowing out of it because the ghetto rats stole my toilets, water heater, sinks, stove (gas leaking). Did I get help from the insurance company or the gob’ment? No, my insurance company said it was “vandalism”. A judge said otherwise. Ya, I know that lawyer, out of the goodness of his heart “helped” me out. His goodness and my money.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture. Business owners help themselves and they pay everyone else including people like you that are EMPLOYEES.

So, please get off me about what I know and what I don’t know about building a business and who helps and who doesn’t. I’ll bet you and Obama know just about the same limited bits of info and sound bites when it comes to Americans building businesses. Obama hates the American way, and it doesn’t get more American then building a business from the ground up and pulling yourself out of poverty. He hates commercial America just as much as he hates the Liberty that is America.

He meant what he said. He meant that in his mind we are one big hippie commune bonded together as a collective love fest. We aren’t. Business is about money and not “helping”. The hippie commune idea went up in smoke – literally, and the communist experiment failed. Get over it. Money not “help” makes the world go around.

Doove's Box: And no this doesn't have fuck all to do with Hillary not getting the nomination.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #137
CJ7
Valued Poster

nah, nobody gets it

especially that shit in huge bold font

speaking of getting it ... the title of the thread is as skewed as it can be.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #138
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You're right, CBJ7, the title of the thread is horribly skewed. It's a direct quote from President Obama.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #139
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You're right, CBJ7, the title of the thread is horribly skewed. It's a direct quote from President Obama.
This ain't skewed either:

if a person got ahead in life, that person owes a portion of his/her wealth to others who did not take the risk - COG

I'm shocked (SHOCKED!) that Olivia hasn't taken offense at your saying that.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #140
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:

then by all means quote Obams exact words and match them to the title of the thread ... EXACTLY

you have the floor sir skewer ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #141
CJ7
Valued Poster

whistling, twiddles thumbs, waiting
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #142
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
This ain't skewed either:

if a person got ahead in life, that person owes a portion of his/her wealth to others who did not take the risk - COG

I'm shocked (SHOCKED!) that Olivia hasn't taken offense at your saying that.
ALL "help" in and around business is PAID for Doove not volunteered. You want to help so much, give up your pay and go to work anyway. Lemeknow how that works out for you. Obama's comments were meant to be more of his Enlightened bullshit except it backfired on him because all the rest of us live in the real world. You know the one; the one that money makes go around.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #143
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
ALL "help" in and around business is PAID for Doove not volunteered. You want to help so much, give up your pay and go to work anyway. Lemeknow how that works out for you. Obama's comments were meant to be more of his Enlightened bullshit except it backfired on him because all the rest of us live in the real world. You know the one; the one that money makes go around.
You really need to pay better attention when you participate in a thread, Olivia.

You're looking pretty foolish again.

Quote:
Here are two Romney quotes from today.

"There are a lot of people in government who help us and allow us to have an economy that works and allow entrepenuers and business leaders of various kinds to start businesses and create jobs. We all recognize that. That's an important thing."

And...

"I know that you recognize that a lot of people help you in a business. Perhaps the banks, the investors. There's no question your mom and dad. Your school teachers. The people that provide roads, the fire, and the police. A lot of people help."

Different words, but exactly the same point Obama made.

Let me repeat that.....different words, but EXACTLY the same point Obama made.

Do you people not see how idiotic you are? Olivia?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #144
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Doove's Box: And no this doesn't have fuck all to do with Hillary not getting the nomination.
Don't you realize, Olivia, that i'm trying to give you credit here?

Given that the alternative explanation for your level of Obama hatred is that you're as big an idiot as COG, JD Barleycorn, and joe bloe, you should look at my comments to you as a show of respect.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #145
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Olivia, Joe, JD and me. Pretty good crowd to be a part of. Being called an idiot by Doofie is like being called fat by Roseann Barr. Pretty meaningless, but I'm proud of the company I'm in.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #146
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishfreak View Post
perhaps the slight word change will help you to understand. We do not need government to succeed. We can do it on our own terms that was my point. But thanks for posting in big letters that which I already had read and acknowledged him saying.
Quote:
And here i'll disagree with your characterization of what you last said. Here's your quote:

Where Obama went wrong was not in the message of you did not do that by yourself. His error was the implication of the remainder of the statements that government is why we succeed.

Yes, he implied Government is necessary for our success. No he did not say government is why we succeed.

Imagine living in a country with no government. Trust me, you will fail.
I pointed out that I changed the wording to clarify my point.

I do not favor no government. I believe government exists to enforce laws and contracts. To protect and defend its borders.

The laws should be no more than what is absolutely necessary to maintain civil interaction between citizens.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #147
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Olivia, Joe, JD and me. Pretty good crowd to be a part of. Being called an idiot by Doofie is like being called fat by Roseann Barr. Pretty meaningless, but I'm proud of the company I'm in.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahah sorry I couldn't help it.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #148
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

It is simple really, according to our brothers on the right all our success is because of individual work ethic, all their failures are the governments fault! Our lil TeaPots are Facist it turns out! Now we know...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #149
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
It is simple really, according to our brothers on the right all our success is because of individual work ethic, all their failures are the governments fault! Our lil TeaPots are Facist it turns out! Now we know...
You have your own singular approach to logic. It's neither linear nor lateral, but it is unfathomable. How you arrive at this construction defies all presently considered systems of reasoning and is beyond any heretofore known methodology of thought organization. Interesting, I'd say.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #150
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

But come on, you guys with the liberal bent. Deep down in, you wish The President would have never made that speech.

I suspect he feels the same way.
Jackie S is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women