Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60032
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #16
Gryphon
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrew_2000 View Post
I used to be for it...until DNA started exonerating people. Now I oppose it, because the system does not bat a thousand, or even close to it. I do think there show be an exception for 'display' murderers though. This would include people who brazenly kill in front of others (FT Hood massacre), terrorists, and serial killers who boast about their exploits.
Like several others posting in this thread, I was once a vehement supporter of capital punishment. The number of exonerations from DNA evidence in the last few years has made me an opponent of capital punishment. As for "display murderers," most of them seem to get off on all the attention a capital case brings. Just quietly lock them away with no publicity. Let them mix with the general prison population and sometimes (Jeffery Dahmer) the problem will take care of itself.
Gryphon is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #17
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

Gryphon said:

'As for "display murderers," most of them seem to get off on all the attention a capital case brings'

Good point. But, it still takes a trial just to lock these people up for life...and these guys get their jollies off of it (Dennis Rader for example really enjoyed his trial). And, Rader smuggled some poem out of prison that got sold at some serial killer memorabelia site. And I think of how ever decade or so, some two bit reporter thinks its a good idea to give Manson a TV interview (yes, I know he never personally killed).

Why count on a brutal murder to occur behind bars to get rid of these people? Like I said, I'm not for the death penalty, with the exception of high profile, brazen killings and serial killings and/or terrorism. In these cases in particular, there may actually even be a deterrent factor.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #18
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
As for "display murderers," most of them seem to get off on all the attention a capital case brings.
What do you mean by display murderers?
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #19
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC View Post
The Consitution also use to allow slavery and deny women the right to vote.
And the Constitution was amended to reverse those ideas. When the Constitution is amended to remove capital punishment, then that will be the law of the land.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrew_2000 View Post
I'm not for the death penalty, with the exception of high profile, brazen killings and serial killings and/or terrorism. In these cases in particular, there may actually even be a deterrent factor.
I don't know if it would necessarily be a deterrent in these cases. Serial killers are some deeply disturbed individuals with a strong disconnect from reality. It doesn't seem like it would deter them. As far as terrorist, it seems as if that makes them martyrs. Hell, some of them are willing to blow themselves up for their cause, so death doesn't seem like much of a deterrent. Personally, I would rather turn the terrorists free...in downtown NYC without police protection.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #21
Omahan
Secretary of State

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbigpapa View Post
I don't know if it would necessarily be a deterrent in these cases. Serial killers are some deeply disturbed individuals with a strong disconnect from reality. It doesn't seem like it would deter them. As far as terrorist, it seems as if that makes them martyrs. Hell, some of them are willing to blow themselves up for their cause, so death doesn't seem like much of a deterrent. Personally, I would rather turn the terrorists free...in downtown NYC without police protection.
It certainly deters recidivism.
Omahan is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 AM   #22
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Omahan are you trying to look like a leftist elite by using big word?

Before all you boys go running for your Webster - he means repeat offenders.
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:51 AM   #23
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz3552 View Post
And the Constitution was amended to reverse those ideas. When the Constitution is amended to remove capital punishment, then that will be the law of the land.
Please clarify for me. Does that mean slavery and denying women the right to vote were perfectly okay until it was removed from the Constitution?
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #24
Gryphon
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbigpapa View Post
What do you mean by display murderers?
See the quote in my post from lacrew_2000.
Gryphon is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #25
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
See the quote in my post from lacrew_2000.
Ok. I see what you mean now.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women