Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47574
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 10-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #76
friendlyflasher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Fritz.
In one of your posts at the end you stated that.

I don't see the country helping me achieve that goal - I only see it attempting to suppress my ambition with taxes and regulation. The country doesn't owe me a thing - and I, in turn, don't owe the country a thing.

What sort of business have created? I am curious, do you hire educated employee's? Do you use the interstate highway system to transport your goods? Do your customers ever take a small business loan to purchase your product?
As a small business owner myself I am grateful to my educated workforce. The ability to ship my product over the interstate highway system. While I admit it is in decline. And my customers ability to borrow from SBA to pay for my product. And as a S corp. My taxes arent all that bad. After exspensing out my most of my exspenses thru the business I dont pay all that much in taxes.
And as someone who has lived in 2nd and 3rd world country's I really enjoy being an American and hope I can pass that on to my kids. Not just money but a country with a solid infrastrucure. roads, elec grid, sewers, education. the list can go forever.
But again I am curious as to what is your business and how is it the govt has never done anything for you.
friendlyflasher is offline   Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #77
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Friendly, I appreciate your comments, but remember, it's not government that made America great, it was Liberty. If government got out of education, people would still get education. If government got out of banking, banks would still loan money to businesses.

Our Founders understood what would happen if government got out of control, which is why the Constitution was written the way it was. America rose to prominence with little government involvement in the daily lives of the citizens. Now that the Constitution is essentially ignored, America's prominence is diminishing. It's not the government's job to anything for me, except defend the shores and a few very limited other duties. The main job of government used to be to defend my person and property from anyone who would want to take it by force or fraud. It's not the job of government to make sure I have an aspirin when I have a headache, or a meal when I'm hungry. The natural charity of the American people used to handle that, before the government decided they could generate votes if they took over all those functions people used to do for themselves.

And if I want to give money to the Haitians to help after an earthquake, I will do it, but I don't want to be forced to, at the point of a gun, by government taking my taxes to do that, or by government demanding that my grandchildren so donate by borrowing money from the Chinese to give to Haiti that my grandchildren will have to pay back.

But that's just me. YMMV.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #78
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I think one of the biggest reasons we need a strong and somewhat intrusive federal government is to insure that we all have a level playing field. I don't think for one second that without some kind of regulation of banking, insurance, etc., the little guy would get screwed over time and time again.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #79
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post
I think one of the biggest reasons we need a strong and somewhat intrusive federal government is to insure that we all have a level playing field. I don't think for one second that without some kind of regulation of banking, insurance, etc., the little guy would get screwed over time and time again.
Can't disagree with this comment LOL
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #80
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post
Ok, fair enough. How much bigger and more intrusive does the federal government have to get before the little guy quits getting screwed?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #81
Longermonger
Valued Poster

When you stop getting screwed, then you'll know.

Or, you could follow the "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem." line of thinking and continue to vote for a smaller, weaker government. Big business loves it when you do that. It's hysterically funny to them that they can so easily trick the people that they're screwing over.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #82
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

LOL! If you read your history, the concept that "government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" is one of the founding principles of this country. I just don't see any examples where a strong central government ever protected the little guy. Government has had some positive effect, like ending child labor near the beginning of the last century, so I'm not saying all government is bad. I just think that government has moved beyond the point of effectiveness for protecting the little guy. The only way government gets this big is by catering to the big guys, they have the money.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #83
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I just don't see any examples where a strong central government ever protected the little guy.
Really? Nothing comes to mind?
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #84
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsafun05 View Post
Many are educated through the department of education? Are you serious?
Absolutely serious. Have you ever heard about Pell Grants or government subsidized student loans? Education for many does not end after high school. What about President Bush's "No Child Left Behind"? I never said the federal government pays for all education. There are many local public schools that perform as well as some of the private schools. Shawnee Mission, Blue Valley, Blue Springs, Lee's Summit are among some of the schools that can compete with Pembrook Hills, Rockhurst, Sion, St. Teresa's, St. Thomas Aquinas, Bishop Miege, etc.

Quote:
Your statement for the department of energy being necessary because they deal with power generation...that's about as idiotic as anything I've ever heard. I bet we'd have as much power as we need and delivered much more efficiently if we didn't have a federal agency overlooking it for us. I bet the folks in California and in the North East really appreciate all the brown and black outs that they have because the dept. of energy is doing such a bang up job.
Ask yourself why there haven't been as many brown outs in California since Enron went under. The brownouts were systematically created by Enron in order to manipulate the market. The federal government is also highly involved with any nuclear power plant. Before you start mouthing off about something you don't know about, making yourself looked very uninformed, I suggest you do a little research. Might make you realize calling someone's statement idiotic may end up biting you in the ass.

Quote:
To get to the point, no one here can give a realistic response without seeing the true numbers in the budget for the federal government and seeing for themselves the areas that are best suited for reduction or elimination. To do so otherwise is foolhardy. But I don't expect much more than that from you.
Foolhardy. LOL. This coming from the guy that thinks moving the DoE to DoD is how to save money. This is also coming from the guy that thinks the ED doesn't help to subsidize the public schools around the US. Foolhardy isn't really what I would use to describe you NSA. I believe I said it best with you being uninformed and uneducated about matters.
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women