Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60032
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 09-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #31
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Publicity

The Federal Reserve did what it had to do to restore the US economy with grim resolve.

Granted, it was not a preferred way, but something needed to be done to get our ox out of the ditch and I'm glad Ben had the balls to do it.

My question is who the fuck is Eagen-Jones?

. . . I wonder if this is how some little known agencies try to gain some publicity for themselves.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #32
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Gawd, you live in a fantasy world, FastGoon. At least you're happy there.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #33
budman33
Valued Poster

Sounds really bad... However this is just another credit agency downgrading the US to the same level that Standard and Poor did. so they are now equal. bad yes, but it's incredibly misleading and makes you think OH NO Standard and Poor rating has gone down again, and our credit rating has gone down again. it hasn't. it's the equivalent of your Experian credit Score matching your Trans Union credit score. just took them longer to catch up.

The underlying problem remains though. The Executive Branch and the Congress needs to negotiate. And they won't. This is the most obstructionist relationship in history.

"If those negotiations fail to produce such policies, however, Moody's would expect to lower the rating, probably to Aa1," the company said.
That rating -- a notch below AAA -- would be the equivalent of the rating that Standard & Poor's put in place for the U.S. in 2011 when it downgraded the nation's top-level rating following the divisive debate over raising the debt ceiling.
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #34
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Actually, the real power is at the Fed. There is a reason for that.

‎”Give me control of a country’s money supply and I care not who makes its laws.”

Meyer Amschel Rothschild

When Congress abrogated its responsibility for monetary policy, and gave it to the Fed, we lost a lot of freedom. We need to End the Fed, and return monetary policy to the Congress, where it belongs.

Then we have to quit electing numbskulls to Congress. Well, let's get rid of the numbskulls first. The clowns there now won't do anything to the Fed.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #35
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Actually, the real power is at the Fed. There is a reason for that.

‎”Give me control of a country’s money supply and I care not who makes its laws.”

Meyer Amschel Rothschild

When Congress abrogated its responsibility for monetary policy, and gave it to the Fed, we lost a lot of freedom. We need to End the Fed, and return monetary policy to the Congress, where it belongs.

Then we have to quit electing numbskulls to Congress. Well, let's get rid of the numbskulls first. The clowns there now won't do anything to the Fed.
We probably need to be figuring out how to rebuild an economy from the ruins. The collapse is coming. I read some place that Germany backed their currency with land instead of gold after the Weimar collapse. The federal government does own trillions of dollars worth of land; maybe that's an option.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #36
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Here's the statement:

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Ratings firm Egan-Jones cut its credit rating on the U.S. government to "AA-" from "AA," citing its opinion that quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve would hurt the U.S. economy and the country's credit quality.

In its downgrade, the firm said that issuing more currency and depressing interest rates through purchasing mortgage-backed securities does little to raise the U.S.'s real gross domestic product . . . .
The downgrade is based on a false premise. Indeed, the most influential paper, by Micharl Woodford, at the recent Fed conference at Jackson Hole death with this very subject.

http://www.kc.frb.org/publicat/sympo...?sm=jh083112-4

Woodgord's paper has been very well received and certainly seems to be well reasoned, from my brief review. I understand that his reputation as a monetary economist is quite good.

But beyond that, the rating is meaningless. Who uses these ratings to price US government bond? Nobody. And our borrowing costs are still at historic lows. If the market sensed credit risk, we would see rising rates on our debt.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #37
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Interesting you would use the statement "death with this very subject." Must have been a Freudian slip, because that is exactly what is happening to our economy.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #38
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
What is sad is that many people will point at the stock market increases and think this is a success.
Even people who aren't in the market to benefit. The Kool Aid dispensing MSM will hold the market up as an example of good fiscal policy, and the "initiated" will parrot the words and believe -- even as they struggle to buy bread and milk for their children.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #39
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Dead Shtick

Why are there so many dead words that keep popping up on this board?

Can we stop using Kool-Aid to describe anything you disagree with?

Personally, I am sick of those idiots who spell "Think" as "Thinck" as though they were so cool using some sort of inside joke like the outdated blue water shtick.

. . .Hey, guess what? That joke died about 20 years ago and it wasn't even funny back then!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #40
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
The Federal Reserve did what it had to do to restore the US economy with grim resolve.

Granted, it was not a preferred way, but something needed to be done to get our ox out of the ditch and I'm glad Ben had the balls to do it.

My question is who the fuck is Eagen-Jones?

. . . I wonder if this is how some little known agencies try to gain some publicity for themselves.

Until the banks quit sitting on their excess reserves and actually "loan" the money the Fed is making available, nothing is going to be restored; instead, things will get worse.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #41
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Spell check on cell phones and small screens are a pain in the ass for folks with. Bad eyesight.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #42
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
if you have gold I wouldnt piss and moan

Gold? What gold? I have no idea what you're talking about.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women