Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60012
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47611
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 01-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #196
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Well, this is a strange occurrence. WTF and Munch are actually accurate. There is hope, after all.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #197
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Well, this is a strange occurrence. WTF and Munch are actually accurate. There is hope, after all.
They are not right about Operation Eagle Claw. That operation reflected military unpreparedness stemming from lack of training and Carter's budgetary constraints.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #198
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Did this really happen? Or, was it all lip service? The U.S. provided most of the ordinance - at a million dollars per pop, because France and Britain soon exhausted their stock piles. Do you have a hyperlink that documents an actual transfer of funds?
I have scientific evidence...

http://www.fas.org/
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #199
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I have scientific evidence...

http://www.fas.org/
You gotta do better than that - that's only a home page - and you needed my help to find it in the first place.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #200
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
They are not right about Operation Eagle Claw. That operation reflected military unpreparedness stemming from lack of training and Carter's budgetary constraints.
What?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw

The plan called for a minimum of six helicopters; eight were sent in.[3] Two helicopters could not navigate through a very fine sand cloud (a haboob) which forced one helicopter to crash land and the other to return to the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN-68). Six helicopters reached the initial rendezvous point, Desert One, but one of them had damaged its hydraulic systems. The spares were on one of the two helicopters that had aborted. From the early planning stages, it had been determined that if fewer than six operational helicopters were available, then the mission would be automatically aborted, even though only four were absolutely necessary for the operation.[3] In a move still debated,[4] the commanders on the scene requested to abort the mission; Carter gave his approval.
Bluebeard 6 was grounded and abandoned in the desert when its Marine pilots interpreted a sensor indication as a cracked rotor blade. Its crew was picked up by Bluebeard 8. Then, the remaining helicopters ran into an unexpected weather phenomenon known as a haboob (fine particles of sand suspended to a milky consistency in the air following dissipation of a thunderstorm). Bluebeard 5 flew into the haboob, but abandoned the mission and returned to the Nimitz when erratic flight control instrumentation made navigating without visual reference points impossible, just 25 minutes from clear air. The scattered formation reached Desert One, 50 to 90 minutes behind schedule. Bluebeard 2 arrived at Desert One with a malfunctioning second-stage hydraulics system (which powers the number-one automatic flight control system and a portion of the primary flight controls) leaving one hydraulics system to control the aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
. He was told that they needed at least 10, eight for the mission and two backups. Carter said they would use eight only (micromanaging the professionals). .
Link?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #201
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
What?
Operation Eagle Claw reflected military unpreparedness stemming from lack of training and Carter's budgetary constraints.
Quote:
Link
Guests of the Ayatollah: The First Battle in America's War with Militant Islam by Mark Bowden
Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #202
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Did this really happen? Or, was it all lip service? The U.S. provided most of the ordinance - at a million dollars per pop, because France and Britain soon exhausted their stock piles. Do you have a hyperlink that documents an actual transfer of funds?
Of course it did not happen just as Iraq repaying us for the cost of that war, as Cheney said they would, did not happen!

When it comes to Defense Contractors making money...things never are as they should be
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #203
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Operation Eagle Claw reflected military unpreparedness stemming from lack of training and Carter's budgetary constraints. Guests of the Ayatollah: The First Battle in America's War with Militant Islam by Mark Bowden
And yes even the military has budget restraints? Suprise Suprise! If not we would be broker than we are now! Fuc. Every President has had to deal with budget restraints. You could use that excuse on every military failure. Oh wait, we do.

So back to the revelant accusations...

How do you train for this?...a haboob?

Then, the remaining helicopters ran into an unexpected weather phenomenon known as a haboob (fine particles of sand suspended to a milky consistency in the air following dissipation of a thunderstorm).
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #204
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
And yes even the military has budget restraints? Suprise Suprise! If not we would be broker than we are now! Fuc. Every President has had to deal with budget restraints. You could use that excuse on every military failure. Oh wait, we do.
Quote:
So back to the revelant accusations...

How do you train for this?...a haboob?

Then, the remaining helicopters ran into an unexpected weather phenomenon known as a haboob (fine particles of sand suspended to a milky consistency in the air following dissipation of a thunderstorm).
You would do well to read Bowden's book. There are certain accusations made that are not repeated in the wikipedia article you are citing. Delta Force helicopter pilots were not trained to fly the RH-53D Sea Stallions; hence, the helicopter pilots in Operation Eagle Claw were not Delta Force trained. Plain and simple.

BTW, look at the footnotes for the wiki article you're using - it's predominantly dependent on Bowden's book. Hence, you are only reading an extract from a much more comprehensive source - read that source if you want to understand what happened.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #205
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Default Waiting for WTF

Still waiting for a reply:

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=199
Old 01-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #206
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You would do well to read Bowden's book. There are certain accusations made that are not repeated in the wikipedia article you are citing. Delta Force helicopter pilots were not trained to fly the RH-53D Sea Stallions; hence, the helicopter pilots in Operation Eagle Claw were not Delta Force trained. Plain and simple.

BTW, look at the footnotes for the wiki article you're using - it's predominantly dependent on Bowden's book. Hence, you are only reading an extract from a much more comprehensive source - read that source if you want to understand what happened.

I do like Bowdens books....

but I doubt that Bowden puts the failure of the mission on Carter.

Most failures are a series of events any which could have changed the coure of things.

Read his BlackHawk down or the war on Pablo. It is a series of misfires, not one specific thing.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #207
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Ck out post 203
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #208
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I do like Bowdens books....

but I doubt that Bowden puts the failure of the mission on Carter.

Most failures are a series of events any which could have changed the coure of things.
Training and unit cohesion - both of which were impacted negatively by funding.

Quote:
Read his BlackHawk down or the war on Pablo. It is a series of misfires, not one specific thing.
Read and cataloged.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #209
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ck out post 203
Still waiting for a reply:

www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=2003237&postcou nt=199
Old 01-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #210
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
You are correct, he should have sold nukes to Iran to paid for the Libyan airstrikes. That way you Reagan supporters could have supported Obama for doing exactly like your hero!
are you always this flippant?

Quote:
Now correct me if I am wrong but I thought we were getting reimbursed on that cost by other countries including Libya? So it seems he did do exactly as Reagan did. He go another source to fund the airstrikes.
I'm not aware of any reports that the U.S was getting reimbursed by its participating allies for support costs.

If you can show that link. I'll shut up about this and say Obama pulled a Reagan.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women